1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

25 year old man murdered in Georgia for jogging while black

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by ThatBoyNick, May 6, 2020.

1. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

Trolling? What are you even talking about? I'm debating it just like you. This is a debate forum. As I have said, I take no joy whatsoever in the murder of any person. Quite honestly, it's an insulting accusation.

McMichaels would have been murdered had Arbery been successful in wrestling the gun away. There's a lot we have yet to learn about this case - as of now, only one side has gotten the chance to speak. And even after the one-sided explanation, the case is anything but clear.

2. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I am talking about you being a despicable human being, who needs attention so much that you would troll on this topic.

You deserve to be banned.

3. Reeko

Reeko Member

“The McMichaels would’ve been killed if Arbery had wrestled the gun away.”

aww poor McMichaels, they only chased after unarmed Arbery and prevented him from escaping 3 times...poor guys might’ve been shot if their victim had succeeded in standing his ground and defending himself

RayRay10 likes this.
  4. El_Conquistador

Supporting Member

Deserve to be banned? For presenting an opinion different than yours? Absurd.

I'm sorry, who is the one hurling insults?

Two men are sitting in jail right now who were trying to protect their neighborhood. Let's wait until all of the facts are presented, but what I've seen thus far suggest to me that they should be immediately released.

5. Reeko

Reeko Member

he is truly despicable

he enjoys trolling this young man’s murder

this world is full of disgusting people with no morals

6. Reeko

Reeko Member

“trying to protect their neighborhood”

From what u ignorant troll? They witnessed no crime. This racist troll is arguing that because he was black, it was right to assume he committed a crime and do what they did.

U are trash

7. El_Conquistador

Supporting Member

Trespassing, attempted burglary, assault, attempted aggravated felony firearm theft, 911 call, crime in the area, Arbery's criminal record, concerned citizens approached them in the past about helping them protect the community... plenty of reasons why they credibly believed Arbery to be a threat... and plenty of felonies.

8. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

The McMichaels have had a chance to speak. There is a police report where they spoke. And they can talk even more if they choose to. There is no gag order. The one who does not have a chance to speak is Arbery.

RayRay10 likes this.
  9. Reeko

Reeko Member

trespassing is not a felony

attempted burglary...no stupid troll, nice try

I guess the white people that went in earlier should get trespassing and attempted burglary charges as well...pathetic attempt troll

assault...more like defending himself

firearm theft...lmao, not when it’s self defense dumbass and the McMichaels created the situation

Criminal record is irrelevant. Did they actually witness him commit a crime that day? No.

stupid, racist troll and a garbage human being

CallMeTheDream and RayRay10 like this.
  10. Redfish81

Redfish81 Member

I have seen no evidence thus far that justifies their "citizens arrest" under the Georgia statute or relavent case law.

Furthermore, the citizens arrest argument was not put forward by the McMichaels. It was brought up in a letter from the previous district attorney that was handling the case. I am not even sure it will be used in any defense.

They will probably instead focus on the self defense argument. They will try and say forget everything that happened before the confrontation. Aubery had no right to attack McMichaels and go for the gun. It doesn't matter if they were trying to talk to him or whatever. They had not made any physical contact with him and he attacked and went for the gun which McMichael's was legally open carrying under Georgia law.

I don't agree with that premise but I suspect that is the web they will try to weave as a defense.

RayRay10 likes this.
  11. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

OK kiddo.

Silent_Bob likes this.
  12. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

The more you talk the more expose yourself. :)

RayRay10 likes this.
  13. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

the defense will still account for the armed pursuit and 3 or more attempts to block arbery's path and overtaking then stopping right in front of arbery's path with dad holding a loading a gun on the pickup bed and son standing on the road holding a loaded shot gun

RayRay10 likes this.
  14. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Modern day lynching.

How can you claim self-defense if you are the aggressor. That's like saying if u r scaring someone w/ a gun by holding it in front of their face and they get aggressive with u by batting it away or grabbing it, u have the right to shoot in self-defense?

Literally they were hunting him down, what normal person would surrender himself to a bunch of randos with guns?

CallMeTheDream, amaru and RayRay10 like this.
  15. El_Conquistador

Supporting Member

Totally wrong. McMichael could have shot Arbery numerous times before the final confrontation but did not. The McMichaels were attempting to detain him because he was a burglary suspect. It was Arbery who aggressively assaulted McMichael and made the fatal mistake of trying to take McMichael's gun from him. This is plainly obvious from the video.

16. CCorn

CCorn Member

Not sure why y’all are replying to trader. It’s a known troll account. Just some random lower middle class yokel with nothing better to do than troll a basketball forum.

jiggyfly, RayRay10 and vlaurelio like this.
  17. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

What Burglary? There was no active burglary. There were no "String of Burglaries". One had been reported in the few Months prior. They had NO justification.

18. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

they witnessed the burglary?

19. amaru

amaru Member

You can’t possibly know that for sure. That’s an opinion.

20. amaru

amaru Member

I think I’ll start carrying my weapon in my camelbak while jogging.

Nook likes this.