1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

25 year old man murdered in Georgia for jogging while black

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by ThatBoyNick, May 6, 2020.

1. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This is why I keep on saying is the problem with Stand Your Ground Laws and also compounded by Open Carry Laws.

Showing a gun is a threat. That is the point of displaying a gun is you're displaying that you have lethal power. Anyone who has been taught proper firearms handling is taught to never point a weapon even in the general direction of anyone unless you actually intend to shoot them. That is clearly meant as a lethal threat. Under all self-defense laws you can use lethal force to counter a lethal threat.

I've been taught gun disarm techniques. I will say that the likelihood of them working is exceedingly low but all of them involve taking the weapon away. It's crazy to think that taking a firearm away from pointing it at you is theft of a gun.. Under that argument then you could never legally defend yourself from someone pointing a firearm at you.

Also the argument that McMichaels might've been killed if Arbery had taken the firearm away from him. Yes that is very likely possible. Again, YOU CAN USE LETHAL FORCE TO COUNTER A LETHAL THREAT. The problem with this argument and also the self-defense argument used by Zimmerman against Trayvon Martin is that yes in a confrontation there is always the possibility that things go against you. This is WHY YOU SHOULDN'T TRY TO APPREHEND SOMEBODY unless it is under the most dire and immediate circumstances. Doing so you've put yourself into the situation. I will say it again it is LOOKING FOR TROUBLE.

This idea that I thought they guy was dangerous so I confronted him and it didn't go well for me so I shot him defies the first principle of self-defense which is DON'T PUT YOURSELF IN A DANGEROUS SITUATION. In both these cases the person they were pursuing has no legal reason to back down or surrender to you and in the GA case there is legal basis for your pursuit.

Let me give another example to help understand this. Let's say someone wants to go snowboarding out of bounds on a ski resort. There is a high avalanche danger and the resort has put up signs warning people not to ski those areas. The snowboarder still does it. Get's caught in an avalanche and has to be rescued. Now the avalanche isn't to blame and certainly most people wouldn't just let the snowboarder die but recent policy now says that in cases like these the boarder is liable and in many cases responsible for the cost of their rescue.

If you put yourself into a potentially dangerous situation you are the one who is liable.

#1041 rocketsjudoka, May 17, 2020
    Last edited: May 17, 2020
    RayRay10 likes this.
  2. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

I love it! Another 2nd amendment conversion. Go get your concealed carry license and enjoy your freedom!

dachuda86 likes this.
  3. H-E-B

H-E-B Member

A plethora of mayo dems pandering to my people in this thread. News flash we don’t need it. We can protect ourselves. Black man here (upper management). The last thing we need is for the mayors to step in. If they want a war they got one. That won’t keep me from voting red and fighting racial injustice at the same damn time. And I’ll holla

dachuda86 likes this.
  4. El_Conquistador

Supporting Member

Welcome aboard. I've been waiting for some upper management intellectual talent to join in the discussion. We've heard from the mob of hourly employees already. Many of them strike me as the type that sit in their car in the parking lot until it's time to clock in.

AroundTheWorld, Nook and KingCheetah like this.
  5. amaru

amaru Member

Already have it. Don’t feel comfortable going through some of these small towns without it.

dachuda86 likes this.
  6. nacho bidness

nacho bidness Member

Fights racial injustice

Votes for white nationalist dog whistler

lol

7. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

join date checks out. Lmao at the stupid people in here believing this. Nobody joins CF in the end of february during a pandemic to post in the D&D like this

8. Nook

Nook Member

Just my two cents.

Redneck is a slur and it is directed to white people. Not all white people are rednecks but just about all rednecks are white people. Growing up in Texas, if someone called one of us a redneck, it was meant as a slight and I have seen numerous fights as a result.

The term has been somewhat popularized over the last twenty years with some embracing it to describe themselves and others thinking it is okay because the media use of the term.

Having said all that it is irrelevant... those rednecks had no authority to fill a twenty five year old man jogging and they deserve to face punishment.

RayRay10 likes this.
  9. Reeko

Reeko Member

it’s a troll account...will probably be banned soon once Clutch discovers who’s alternate account this is

vlaurelio and RayRay10 like this.
  10. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

Lol black man (upper management) shops at H E B does not compute

You're a mother of 3 as well right?

jiggyfly and RayRay10 like this.
  11. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

@Trader_Jorge and @dachuda86 real desparate

They want their right for armed pursuit of a jogger who has done no crime back

12. Juxtaposed Jolt

Summary of brief post history: "I'm black" and "holla."

idgi. Weird schtick.

RayRay10 likes this.
  13. IVFL

IVFL Member

I am confused, why are you throwing in that you are in upper management? What relevance does that have to this conversation. Are you just trying to build yourself up on an internet message board. Have you read to many TJ posts where he lavishes praise upon himself, and you assume thats the correct way to communicate via message board.

Or maybe you are one and the same person, I hope not though, that would be ridiculously embarrassing.

RayRay10 and Eric Riley like this.
  14. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

Warmly welcome baylorbear10.

15. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Will they listen to a strong black man or will the mayos sour in the heat?

jiggyfly and RayRay10 like this.
  16. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

Did someone say a plethora?

jiggyfly, RayRay10 and Kim like this.
  17. El_Conquistador

Supporting Member

[Premium Post]
    Excuse me, but can a single person articulate a superior way to communicate?

GOOD DAY

18. Reeko

Reeko Member

mods are slipping big time...

19. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Really!! WTF is going on in herE!!

Rocket River

RayRay10 likes this.
  20. Reeko

Reeko Member

this troll has 1 p*rn thread here and in the GARM, and is also posting p*rn in here...these have been up for hours, and the mods are still MIA

RayRay10 likes this.