1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

25 year old man murdered in Georgia for jogging while black

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by ThatBoyNick, May 6, 2020.

1. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It's funny you don't have "black trash" or people don't subsegment other races. It's only people within their own culture) that find terms to create class insults.

That's the irony of those who bemoan redneck as a "racist" term like @dachuda86 - it's almost a term exclusively used by white people.

AleksandarN and FranchiseBlade like this.
  2. Reeko

Reeko Member

On Friday, an attorney for the owner of the house under construction released three security camera videos taken Dec. 17, more than two months before the shooting. They show a black man in a T-shirt and shorts at the site. In the final clip, he walks a few steps toward the road, then starts running at a jogger's pace.

“It now appears that this young man may have been coming onto the property for water,” J. Elizabeth Graddy, the attorney for homeowner Larry English, said in a statement. “There is a water source at the dock behind the house as well as a source near the front of the structure. Although these water sources do not appear within any of the cameras’ frames, the young man moves to and from their locations.”

amaru, Invisible Fan and Andre0087 like this.
  3. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Fine. I don't mind stopping if it offends you. I'll still hold that it isn't racist, but I'm happy not to do it. I wasn't being intentionally offensive.

AleksandarN, JuanValdez and vlaurelio like this.
  4. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

I agree. IMO, redneck never started as a deragatory term. more like a descriptive term. then it evolved to be a deragatory term to poor, dirty, uneducated, and racist Southern whites. it's never a deragatory term to ALL whites. or a racial slur.

Unlike the N word. Its started as a deragatory term to ALL blacks.

AleksandarN and FranchiseBlade like this.
  5. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I don't think that reflects the history. Redneck came into usage in the post-Civil War period, referring to white sharecroppers in the South. It was a way for more affluent whites to look down on the poor whites trapped in this new and exploitative labor arrangement. Its history is oppression and picks on the mark of that oppression -- sunburn on white necks from working in the fields doing what they thought of at the time to be slaves' work.

https://haenfler.sites.grinnell.edu/subcultures-and-scenes/rednecks/

Thank you, I appreciate that. I wanted to put the link on the history of redneck, but from this point I'll give it a rest. Won't do any good to belabor the point.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  6. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I was referring to oppression from another race - I think you are proving my point that it isn't a racial term

JuanValdez likes this.
  7. dmoneybangbang

Where some of my forebearers came from, they are called coon asses.

Invisible Fan and FranchiseBlade like this.
  8. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

***** what?

9. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

You mean he stole water. Shoot him!

10. CCorn

CCorn Member

May have been poisoning the water supply. Can’t rule anything out.

Nook, amaru, Invisible Fan and 2 others like this.
  11. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

yup he looks like a muslim terrorist from kenya

12. Newlin

Newlin Member

Oh boy. Here we go with Bobby calling people “kiddo” again. Bobby just can’t help himself.

AleksandarN and TheRealist137 like this.
  13. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

@Silent_Bob

Nook and Silent_Bob like this.
  14. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Is that exclusively a bobby thing kiddo? Lol It is telling that people lump all the people they don't like into one category and then act like they have open minds.

Silent_Bob likes this.
  15. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

Again trying to derail the thread the last couple of pages because your position is lacking any intelligent defense. Why don’t you tell us again about how is was stealing the shot gun. This is really pathetic. You are digging yourself deeper. Losing any respect you had on this board.

dachuda86 likes this.
  16. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

I'm surprised this hasn't been mentioned yet, but did you know that around 60% of robberies in the USA were committed by African Americans? The overwhelming majority of these robberies were done by males ages 16-28.

Does anyone concede that these staggering statistics impact non-blacks' image of "joggers" in their neighborhood?

17. Reeko

Reeko Member

Is that supposed to be some excuse for the McMichaels? U are trash...u are the sh*t stain at the bottom of the toilet

18. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

I do not believe the McMichaels need to be excused from defending themselves against a man who assaulted them and attempted to wrestle a gun away from them.

The point I'm making with statistics is Mayor Michael Bloomberg's point. Crime in America affects peoples' views of young black males. Michael Bloomberg got attacked for saying it, but he studied the statistics in New York and zeroed in on the source of the crime problem.

19. Reeko

Reeko Member

Did they actually witness a felony crime? Yes or no?

Is “he was black, so he must have been in there to steal” gonna work in court? Yes or no?

Was the attempted citizens arrest legal? Yes or no?

Did the McMichaels initiate the confrontation by blocking Arbery’s route for escape 2 times before Travis McMichael blocked him for a 3rd time, this time by stepping out of his car with a gun in his hand? Yes or no?

The McMichaels initiated everything, and his idiot defenders want to claim it was Arbery who was the initial aggressor. I guess soon we’ll be able to murder someone and claim self defense if they reach for my gun while I’m in the midst of an illegal act, even if I was the one who initiated the entire situation.

stupid troll

RayRay10 and DVauthrin like this.
  20. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Dude you are a despicable individual.

How can anybody think it's ok to troll on the topic of young man being murdered.

How can anybody take enjoyment from something like this?