1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Movie] X-Men: Dark Phoenix

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xerobull, Dec 8, 2017.

1. Caesar

Caesar Member

This is the last movie before Disney/marvel get it back? Is everyone going to be recast? Such a waste of incredible talent. How do you replace the fass and McAvoy?

Jontro likes this.
  2. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I want her to be good, but.... yeah it ain't good.

Correction: Apocalypse was one of the worst movies of all time. Several improvements would have to be made before it could be considered terrible.

3. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

It's almost like she's had botox enter her cerebellum, freezing it, and her face, in place.

Caesar likes this.
  4. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I feel like she has gotten better over time on Game of Thrones, but still pretty bland. Some of those still trailer shots of her looking menacing as Phoenix did give off a pretty sinister vibe, so maybe she can turn that woodeness into something positive for this particular role.

5. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

FOX shouldn't have been so damn scared to go crazy with Xmen..

B-Bob likes this.
  6. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

I feel like that's their crutch.

They've been around for nearly two decades now and have given us both classics (X-Men, X2, Logan, Deadpool, First Class etc.) as well as duds (X-Men: TLS, Wolverine Origin, Apocalypse etc.).

I don't see how they could ever find one true timeline and stick to it. They've done so much jumping around that it probably STILL won't make any sense if they completely started over, again.

7. Big MAK

Big MAK Member

With the exception of Logan, these have all be trash lately.

That said, I still plan to see it as X-Men was my go-to comic as a kid.

plutoblue11, Torn n Frayed and arkoe like this.
  8. Kruze10

Kruze10 Member

Is it me or does it seem like any Marvel characters not in the MCU are a complete waste of time? Disney will want to redo whatever Fox did with X-Men and Fantastic 4, and not to mention Venom, who will definitely be revised to be part of the MCU when the time comes.

9. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

It's X-Men so I'll waste my money to see it, if only to hearken back to my days as a kid in Conroe, buying these comic books for 25, 30, 35 cents each (and a Dolly Madison fruit pie), then devouring both.

They have some excellent actors in these, Sansa notwithstanding. Maybe she'll rise to the occasion for once. But when someone said these movies spin their wheels, yes, that's the truth, Ruth. Because of the timeline thing they can just jump around and make these movies until nobody shows up.

Jontro and B-Bob like this.
  10. getsmartnow

getsmartnow Contributing Member

Didn't they already do this story with The Last Stand?

Hopefully they can merge Fassbender and McAvoy into the Marvel Universe. Drop everyone else.

11. Supermac34

Supermac34 President, Von Wafer Fan Club

Its not a waste of time if the movies are good and entertaining. Even if they reboot the whole thing in Disney.

12. fba34

fba34 Contributing Member

A bit off the side, but I feel like this BBS is more harshly critical of women than men in these movies.
    The thing that stands out for me in the X-Men series is how cringe-worthy McAvoy was as a young Prof X hitting on chicks at bars. The next non-McAvoy-related was Logan complaining about the black uniforms and Cyclops saying, "Well what would you prefer, yellow spandex?"

plutoblue11 likes this.
  13. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Agree to disagree. Lots of harsh criticism for everyone in Apocalypse, for Green Lantern and B vs S, while Wonderwoman was fairly praised here.

Sansa does not have great range. It's just true, but I love xmen so will give this movie a chance.

justtxyank, tinman and fba34 like this.
  14. Kruze10

Kruze10 Member

Yeah, if the movies themselves are good that’s fine. I definitely didn’t feel like I wasted my time with the initial Spider-Man series (except for 3). I just mean, it’s kind of a waste of time for studios to do anything if it’s just going to be rehashed a couple years later but I understand they have to make their money and superhero flicks are big time money grabbers.

15. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Agreed. I couldn't care less about J-Law (doesn't even want to be there), but losing Mcavoy and fass would suck.

Caesar likes this.
  16. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

I haven't really enjoyed any of the X-Men movies since X-Men 2 other than Logan, which I really have no desire to rewatch. McAvoy and Fassbender don't really do anything for me in these roles, though that's probably due more to the material they're given to work with.

Every time I see one of these on cable I cringe.

17. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

This looks like such garbage. If they **** up the Phoenix story again right before losing the rights to Marvel we won't get another shot at that storyline for at least another decade. ****ing hate Fox studios.

This is coming from someone that loves McAvoy and Fassbender.

plutoblue11 and arkoe like this.
  18. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

That's just the data of it. Halle Berry's accent in X1, lulz. J-Law, great actress, boring & overused character. Actress who played Blink is in JAIL. Olivia Munn, (the actress playing) Moira & John Stamos' old wife are all lulz tier talent. Famke was coo. Chastain should be good.

19. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

It's being delayed (again I think) because it's not good and nobody wants to see it. NEXT.

20. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member