1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Stats Don't Lie: Four indicted in death of wedding guest

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Senator, Sep 15, 2018.

1. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I guess it is not that extreme that someone else is using his account then. Either that or as river said he's just completely flipped.

2. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

That could be also. Though that wouldn't explain the difference in grammar, typing, etc.

Rocket River and JayGoogle like this.
  3. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

You don't know me. Never knew any real pgabriel. You wanna keep saying ive been hacked, fine

Don't claim you know me.

I never used to talk about black people needing to take more responsibility for our condition or talk about black men in and out if prison because of guys making what i felt were racist comments on the subject. I didn't want to agree with them.

On Trump i dont defend his politics. I defend him not being a Russian spy. And you know what, until there is proof that he did collude, im right about that so you shouldn't talk **** about what ive written since ive returned.

#83 pgabriel, Sep 17, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2018
  4. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

Hey, look: another simpleton post.

5. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

I didn't say I knew you. I said I knew of an experience based on a communication. Other than that particular experience I'm not saying you talked about anything else. The contradictions of your posting style have already been presented.

Rocket River likes this.
  6. Senator

Senator Member

It is clear he is the kind of honest leader the black community needs, someone who can look in the mirror and say you know what ... it's our fault too. I would love to have him on my board of reform.

And the real work you talk about... what exactly is it? Whatever it is, it's not working. The stats are not getting any better, 8 years of Obama as President didn't change anything because he was more concerned with being popular, hanging out with celebs, than doing what was right. A guy like pgabriel wont be popular but he will help race relations the most in the long run.

7. Senator

Senator Member

Yeah, I think it's an angry troll account, he couldn't respond to the post with stats. Once I showed the economist article showing only 20% of the nations poor are black, he tucked his tail and took his leave. And that's the sad state of liberal hooliganism today.

8. Senator

Senator Member

Unfortunately, the stats show the majority of cops aren't racist.

There are incidents of profiling gone wrong, but cops profile because of the stats. The stats they see every day on a case by case basis. That is what you should be outraged about and address in the community like the progressive pgabriel, not isolated incidents that will keep on happening if you ignore the root cause. No cop wants to be racist or enjoys it, but when your own life is at stake daily, the stats matter.

9. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Didn't read after OP. I'm sure 5 pages in, it has gone on many a wild tangent. @Senator, why are you interested in convincing us that profiling works? I honestly don't care if it works. It's a racist practice that feeds itself in a vicious cycle. Its efficacy sounds to my ears like all the more argument to make sure we don't do it. I have no interest at all in your statistics or your anecdotes because you are defending what is in my opinion the indefensible.

FranchiseBlade and JayGoogle like this.
  10. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Whatever my dude.

I think it's silly that I, as a black person, should look at Chicago and take any responsibility for that. I'll leave it to the actual community leaders in Chicago to deal with their issues face to face. I'll deal with my own community around me, regardless of the color of kids, I suggest everyone do the same, the world would be a better place.

You would never take responsibility for a white kid that shoots up a school and you shouldn't be asked to, for that reason you shouldn't be placing the blame on gang hotspot areas on every black person you see.

It works, it doesn't work in one year, it works through persistence.

If you look at the stats for problem areas like Compton you see that it works. You're just completely ignorant of it because you truly don't care. You and others just use these stats for exactly the reason @JuanValdez states, an excuse to profile. That's all. That's it.

11. bongman

bongman Member

LOL. You use a percentage for one stat then use hard numbers for the other - so Senator of you.. 22% of the black community lives in poverty compared to only 8.8% with white folks. Can we interpret that as more white people live in better conditions than most african-americans? Have you also considered where those 10M more people live? Is it hard to conceive that the other 10M lives in rural areas and are not influenced by the culture growing up on ghetto neighborhoods?

12. edwardc

edwardc Member

Just something to look at
    https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u.s/2013/crime-in-the-u.s.-2013/tables/table-49

13. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

My grammar hasn't changed. Pay attention as I've stated this before. I put more spaces in my post since im posting more from phones.

Its easier to read instead of long paragraphs.

On stating this before, its one thing to question my identity with me. Its another thing to jump in an argument im having with someone else and tell that person im not the real me.

14. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

Your grammar has changed. Examples have been posted. I can not see a way the original pgabriel who communicated something about a personal interaction with the police would write the things you are writing about the police and African Americans. If this is the real pgabriel then you should know what I'm talking about and I'd be interested in how you square your position now with what you communicated in the past.

15. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Unfortunately? And what stat? Racism is pervasive in police departments according to many police chiefs - to deny it's a problem is incredible. What's your definition of racism? And what stats are you pulling from?

16. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

The only thread ive ever talked about on police brutality is police kiling a 14 Mexican kid in Houston over 12 years ago.

You dont know my account like you think.

Now stop being an a hole and telling people im not the same person. If you had something substantive to prove yourself correct it would be different.

I know my account, thats why i can reference an older than a decade thread.

You don't know the account so respect my wish on this.

TIA

Search how many times ive written TIA and drop it

17. Severe Rockets Fan

Severe Rockets Fan Takin it one stage at a time...

I know you're trying to show something opposing Senator's point of view, but I can't figure out what it is...o_O

The very first row on that table shows Percent distribution: "Murder and nonnegligent manslaughter" White 40% Black 58%.

Just curious what you're trying to say...I mean it looks like you're trying to help him out but I know you wouldn't do that.

18. Senator

Senator Member

Um, this isn't about trying to systemize profiling. It's a pretty obvious explanation as to why cops have to do it in their subconscious, and how blacks can stop this practice by addressing issues in their community. A cops chance of being killed by a black assailant is 18.5 times higher than an unarmed black getting killed by a cop, but which one do you think the masses will address? Like every cop goes through the day unprovoked. If the average guy like Amaru addressed the root cause instead of creating a divide between the police based on race, you'd see the quality of life for everyone go up. Not everyone is entitled to a lifestyle of excess.

https://www.encounterbooks.com/features/11-critical-points-race-crime-america/

This has all the information you conveniently ignored before blurting out your drivel.

19. Senator

Senator Member

Kudos on manning up and agreeing. Rap sells a lot because it glamorizes drugs, violence, having babies out of wedlock you can't afford and anything that will put you at odds with the system (unless you are a multi millionaire). You might say it's just music, but the stats back it up. And your average male doesn't have the courage to speak up against it. Help the cops... help you.

20. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

What about white people who listen to Rap? Do they have a higher murder rate? I listen to rap. You know, I do feel like murdering the person upstairs when they stomp around and make a lot of noise. Too bad I'm not a cop.

Oh, be careful, @Granville might pop in and say I hate white people.