1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Stats Don't Lie: Four indicted in death of wedding guest

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Senator, Sep 15, 2018.

1. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

Stats don’t need to take the oath — they don’t lie.

But then again, stats don’t matter. This is evident by the border security thread.

2. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Stats can lie when you have departments that want to close cases to make their numbers look good so they seek out poor black people to arrest for those cases.

https://nypost.com/2018/07/13/polic...rest-black-people-to-boost-crime-stats-probe/

3. Senator

Senator Member

The culture of violence. Why don't African Americans address this or speak about in their communities. These are obscenely disproportionate stats, and explain why cops are on edge.

https://www.encounterbooks.com/features/11-critical-points-race-crime-america/

Blacks were charged with 62 percent of all robberies, 57 percent of all murders, and 45 percent of all assaults in the 75 largest U.S. counties in 2009, while constituting roughly 15 percent of the population in those counties. From 2005 to 2014, 40 percent of cop-killers were black. Given the racially lopsided nature of gun violence, a 26 percent rate of black victimization by the police is not evidence of bias.

deadlybulb and Astrodome like this.
  4. Senator

Senator Member

Already addressed in post 7. If there are 10 million more whites below the poverty line overall....

5. fchowd0311

They don't?

6. Senator

Senator Member

I've posted links containing facts based on violent crime that show a disproportionate amount of violence based on the stats... explaining why cops you actually experience this in the field are on edge.

You are so scared of rational debate you claim anyone who breaks your biased view is a troll. I'm the only non troll on here and attacked for it.

That, to me, is disturbing and why Trump won the election.

To cite more data on this point: in 2013, blacks made up 42 percent of all cop-killers whose race was known, even though blacks are only about 13 percent of the nation’s population. Little over a quarter of all homicides by police involve black victims.

a calculation that overlooks the fact that young black men commit homicide at nearly ten times the rate of young white and Hispanic males combined.

Blacks were charged with 62 percent of all robberies, 57 percent of all murders, and 45 percent of all assaults in the 75 largest U.S. counties in 2009, while constituting roughly 15 percent of the population in those counties. From 2005 to 2014, 40 percent of cop-killers were black. Given the racially lopsided nature of gun violence, a 26 percent rate of black victimization by the police is not evidence of bias.

https://www.bjs.gov/content/pub/pdf/htus8008.pdf

deadlybulb likes this.
  7. Senator

Senator Member

It's pretty obvious it's swept under the rug, allowable toxic masculinity or something not as important as directing mistrust and hatred towards the police. Otherwise ... the stats would have changed.

8. fchowd0311

Are you involved in black community centers and interact with black leaders much?

How do you know this?

9. Senator

Senator Member

No one SHOULD be profiled.

But a cop in the field who's life is on the line, has to make an arrest, or is dealing with repeat offenders is going to have to make split second decisions. I'm pointing out how blacks can help themselves by addressing the root cause instead of making things worse by demonizing the police. I am providing a solution based on the stats.

10. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

You're bouncing back and forth between percentages and whole numbers to create a false impression. Only dumb people fall for this tactic. Nice job.

Why don't you compare crime stats between poor whites and blacks and then give us those numbers. Then you can talk about "white" culture and its problem with toxic masculinity.

[​IMG]

#30 CometsWin, Sep 15, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2018
    AleksandarN and JayGoogle like this.
  11. fchowd0311

Demonizing the systemic low standards for law enforcement for many departments that require nothing more than a high school degree or a joke Criminal Justice associates allowing all sorts of chads who just want a power trip to hold so much authority is well deserved.

Law enforcement in this country is a joke for a vast swath of this nation. There are departments like many state trooper departments that do have high standards and it shows in their level of professionalism and judgement.

There are already empirical studies that show that the higher the education level of a LEO, the less likely they are to be involved in a police shooting .

12. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Black people at 14% kill more TOTAL people.

Our murder rate is off the charts.

Black on black crime represents deep cultural problems and black liberal bullshit like your post doesn't help anything

13. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

If you want to find middle ground with him, you have to take the facts and then blame them on "the man", he gets hard over blaming **** on "the man". If you insist on any kind of personal responsibility though, you lose him immediately.

deadlybulb likes this.
  14. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Our mass shootings are also off the charts and most of the mass shooters are white men. It's a huge cultural problem.

So does White on White crime, and white mass shooters, and right-wing terrorism. Let's talk about the stats and facts if you want to.

Oh please, like you care. You just use this as a political talking point so don't get all high and mighty on me now.

Can you explain in depth these 'Cultural problems'? Can you list and describe them? If not, you're just peddling one vague right-wing talking point so it deserves another.

If you want to find middle ground with bobby, you have to take the facts and then blame them on "the libs", he gets hard over blaming **** on "the libs". If you insist on any kind of personal responsibility though, you lose him immediately.

15. Senator

Senator Member

Correlation ... causation... sure. Are you suggesting the root cause is poverty, and money will change that? How about affordable housing? Nuclear families? Why aren't native Americans assaulting cops and citizens at astronomical rates?

[​IMG]

The poverty rate amongst black Americans, at 22%, is higher than the American average of 13%. But black people make up only 9m of the 41m poor Americans. --The Economist

@CometsWin - I am looking for a sincere discussion, not anger. The raw numbers show there are more poor whites in overall numbers.

Next, critics blame drug enforcement for rising racial disparities in prison. Again, the facts say otherwise. In 2006, blacks were 37.5 percent of the 1,274,600 state prisoners. If you remove drug prisoners from that population, the percentage of black prisoners drops to 37 percent—half a percentage point, hardly a significant difference.

A 1994 Justice Department survey of felony cases from the country’s 75 largest urban areas…discovered that blacks actually had a lower chance of prosecution following a felony than whites did and that they were less likely to be found guilty at trial. Following conviction, blacks were more likely to receive prison sentences, however—an outcome that reflected the gravity of their offenses as well as their criminal records.

Further analysis of the [Washington] Post’s data reveals that police officers are at greater risk from blacks than unarmed blacks are from police officers. Even if we accept the Post’s typology of “unarmed” victims at face value, the per capita rate of officers being feloniously killed is 45 times higher than the rate at which unarmed black males are killed by cops. And an officer’s chance of getting killed by a black assailant is 18.5 times higher than the chance of an unarmed black getting killed by a cop.

Blacks were charged with 62 percent of all robberies, 57 percent of all murders, and 45 percent of all assaults in the 75 largest U.S. counties in 2009, while constituting roughly 15 percent of the population in those counties.

16. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

White on white crime is different. The victims usually no each other.

Earlier this year a black baby was killed in Houston in an apartment parking lot in the middle of a stupid ass argument. That doesn't happen in white America.

Our murder rate is four times the rest of the country.

My motivation isnt trying to make black men look good by making stupid ass points about mass murders because i refuse to accept facts

Black men commit mass murders also. The guy who shot the cops at the protests. The defense contractor in D.C. a few years agoso even that no longer holds water

17. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

You're describing part of someone's base but for the life of me I can not remember who's base. Can someone remind me?

18. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Honestly, that's irrelevant to me. Crimes of passion aren't somehow more excusable if that's what you are saying.

When that white woman drowned her own kids in the bathtub did that really make it better than a drive by shooting because she knew her victims more intimately?

Umm, well we have multiple cases of white mothers killing their own children...soo....

Well, you said it was the culture, right? So if it is the culture shouldn't it be true of all black communities in the USA?

Yes, we have had a few instances where the mass murderer was black, but it happens less frequently than the white ones...you see how this kind of rhetoric is divisive? One side makes this about race...I wonder why...

It's funny to me how people never like these facts thrown back at them.

19. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Mass murder isn't a problem in this country statically. Unfortunately they do happen but they represent a very small percentage of murders. They get a lot of news coverage. Blacks at 14% of the population commit half the murders.

On the familiarity of victims, white neighborhoods are safe. Poor black ones arent because of the randomness of violence.

This is a stupid ass black liberal discussion. You are trying to mask problems. Would you like to see black men stop flooding prisons. Well you first have to be honest about the situation.

deadlybulb likes this.
  20. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Yes, yes it is. When compared with every other country it is, in fact, a pretty big issue.

If I had a dollar everytime I heard this fact I'd be a rich man...and unfortunately it often comes from people like Richard Spencer...

Let's also then realize that murderers represent a tiny % of the black population, like 1%...

Apparently not that safe...

No, it is a stupid ass conservative discussion. You want to be 'honest' about the situation yet you haven't answered any of my questions and instead continue on repeating the same point...

So, I'll ask again...

So if it is the culture shouldn't it be true of all black communities in the USA?