1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Stats Don't Lie: Four indicted in death of wedding guest

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Senator, Sep 15, 2018.

1. Senator

Senator Member

Except, that's not how communities work. There aren't separate boroughs and neighborhoods and cities where only men live outside of oil mining towns.

Personally, I don't push wrongful anti-police narratives that would be only hurt me and my community. I accept the stats and know the cops only act based on what they see every day.

2. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

No, let him keep going, the more evidence the easier it will be to get him banned lol.

RocketWalta and theimpossibles1 like this.
  3. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I have a feeling this is a poster that has been banned before. Dei.

Senator signed up to clutchfans and immediately started posting here which is a huge red flag. People don't originally sign up here and start coming to the DND.

People come to the DnD after they are tired of Max Kellerman and Carmelo Anthony threads.

mdrowe00 likes this.
  4. theimpossibles1

I reported the original post with "blatant racism" and encourage others to do the same.

5. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Yo bro, I didn't ignore it. You edited the post and I typed my response before your edit because at that time I had like 8 alerts of people responding to my post. Not my fault your post changed entirely by the time I hit send.

I mean, your stats are talking about who experiences shootings at school, not mass shootings, which is what I was talking about. It was a nice try though.

Here...https://www.statista.com/statistics/476456/mass-shootings-in-the-us-by-shooter-s-race/

6. jcf

jcf Member

Stats without context are easily manipulated. "Lies, Damn Lies and Statistics"

mdrowe00 likes this.
  7. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Maybe, but I'm not feeling it. I don't think Dei ever really lost his cool when he met opposition. He was very self-possessed. He was also an ideological white supremacist -- he didn't claim to just be going where the data takes him, but had a vision of what he thought a good society was. I understand your suspicion. I regrettably jumped all over Senator when he showed up because he came in like a banned poster would. And he might have been, but he convinced me he's at least a sincere poster, like Dei was a sincere poster though in a different way.

8. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

You are right that Dei did lose his cool which is what really got him banned when he started using racial slurs...

I guess I'm still suspicious of him. I refuse to believe that anyone comes to clutchfans and jumps right into the DnD, it took me years to ever start posting here and it just seems extremely odd that someone would do it. Either way, I'll respond to his posts fairly, even if I feel like this entire conversation is silly and divisive.

9. Senator

Senator Member

I will clarify what I told impossible via PM, because people are coming in here without reading the thread and trying to make me into a racist based on liberal narratives. I'm partisan and align with more liberal issues than conservative.

No where did I say blacks are inherently violent - I pointed to the stats which have to do with NARRATIVES and COMMUNITY MENTALITIES that lead to disproportionate amounts of violence.

In the real world though processes are segregated even if colors are not. I want to change these narratives by reducing violent crime and narratives by bridging the mistrust between civil officials like cops and citizens. What I am doing is much more realistic than kneeling in an endzone and hoping EVERYTHING WILL BE OK. When blacks look at the stats and accept they need to speak up in their local communities about reducing violence, even if you are poor, rejecting poverty has to lead to drug culture and violence instead of embracing working together, then you'll have cops be a little less on edge and not be a constant threat. Because they go based on their experience every day, not isolated incidents half way across the country.

Severe Rockets Fan likes this.
  10. theimpossibles1

After reading the whole thread my mindset has changed.

I feel the original post is unfair and inflammatory, probably to get attention (it worked).

That said, Senator is intelligently arguing with his detractors without engaging in emotional insult wars. The subject matter is obviously sensitive but the guy (or girl) is clearly passionate and does research. Some very interesting stuff in here. My mind remains open.

11. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Its in your head

Wouldn't give a **** who you think i am. Stop telling other people ive been hacked.

TIA

12. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I don't think going on about how violent black people are is helping change any narrative.

Well, yes, kneeling in the endzone doesn't do much and thankfully people do more than that as I've shown.

I think if you are going to argue that cops have every right to stereotype black people then one can argue that black people have every right to stereotype cops. I guess for me the only difference is that one has a lot more power over the other in a lot of cases.

13. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Most likely, you are the hacker so I wouldn't say that you were hacked.

14. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

@Clutch

Would you please verify that i was banned for complaining about advertising after complaining about basso threads

@FranchiseBlade

How would i know that. Please end this stupidity in which i have to ask blade to stop telling others im an imposter

Its very disrespectful and its sad he doesn't understand that

Edit: i think it was an ad by the NRA

#134 pgabriel, Sep 20, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2018