1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Stats Don't Lie: Four indicted in death of wedding guest

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Senator, Sep 15, 2018.

1. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

You haven't talked about anything but these stats and when faced with other similar stats you just ignore them. You can't even answer my one simple question. If it is cultural then why isn't that reflected nationwide?

About 1% of every demographics are murderers though? The reason it is higher for blacks is because of gang hotspots like chicago. That's it.

LOL, like I said before on this topic. I am not responsible for what goes on in Chicago or anywhere else so the only image I'm trying to protect is not being lumped in with criminals because they share the same race as me.

It does trouble me because literal neo-nazis use these very same stats to push a false narrative and you are very eager to push the same narrative which is sad to see. I mean earlier you used one of their lines verbatim. This is a rather old racist/fascist strategy. You hammer on about how one group does crime and you villainize that group even if it isn't at all representative of the group...like how 99% aren't responsible for the crimes of 1%. It's sad to see you've fallen for it, but it is what it is.

It's always minority groups that have to answer for their bad apples but when you point out that it's mostly white men shooting up schools and concerts it's "Let's not talk about that....that's just an anomaly, rare, lone wolf..." It's almost like people don't like being held responsible for something someone else did because they are of the same 'race' huh?

As for being honest, then be honest. You are the one ignorant of actual efforts in problem areas to solve this issue. You claim everyone is ignoring it, that is 100% false, you are ignoring those that do such charitable work which again, shows me that you really don't care at all about it. You just bring it up to try and score some political points.

If you want to have an honest conversation about it, then let's, let's accept ALL of the facts and not those convenient. Let's acknowledge the work done in relevant communities instead of just pushing this narrative that you are the one that truly cares. Actually discuss the WHYs instead of just going 'It's culture...' as if that means anything.

2. Nook

Nook Member

I agree that the stats don’t lie.

Looking at the stats it is clear we have a major violent crime problem among men.

Is this cultural? Why don’t men speak up about this?

We have to do something about it, the statistics are overwhelming. Do we need to arm all our women?

conquistador#11 likes this.
  3. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Bro

Im not pushing a narrative. Im pushing honesty.

As far as stats, you don't want to deal with black men murdering at 4x the national rate. Your narrative of these groups you cant name doesn't refute anything ive written

School shootings have nothing wih everyday black murder.

I dont give a **** about mass shootings. Two wrongs don't make right. You're avoiding being honest about our ridiculous murder rate. Mass shootings dont result in 10% of the victims of every day black violence

4. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

@JayGoogle

Im sure there are good men trying to help our young men

That being to get to ro root issues of our problems we first must be honest. The cycle isn't just about discrimination. Its about broken homes

5. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Less than 10% of any race are committing crimes of any kind, your goal isn't to minimize criminal incidents; it's to use crime as a pretext to vomit all your other likely horrible views about blacks. Grow the **** up and find something better to do with your time, *******.

6. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

These stats are very eye opening. I would have thought these numbers would by higher for both races. Does this include children?

7. Senator

Senator Member

Stop demonizing the police, work on establishing better relationships with them. These are not people who sit on twitter all day but are in the field interacting with criminals in potential life or death situations. Kind of like how you identify as liberal, make the same arguments for years without listening to anything else and make judgments about anyone who opposes you based on your experience. That's profiling. The excuse being made is violent crime is a result of poverty, but only 9 of the 43 million poor Americans are black. That's 4x non blacks for 1x black. Yet violent crime is more than 50% black. Address the large number of single parent kids, toxic masculinity and how to take violence out of the culture to build up relationships with police and improve job opportunities.

8. Senator

Senator Member

It matters when cops in the field are dealing with this every day, then find themselves demonized by citizens. Criminals don't walk around with big yellow signs identifying themselves, but they do put cops at risk.

What about the stats that 75% of African American's are raised by single parents?

Your ignorance and fear of addressing the stats hurts you. Attacking me won't change that, read the following article instead.

https://www.encounterbooks.com/features/11-critical-points-race-crime-america/

Astrodome likes this.
  9. Senator

Senator Member

Finally, a poster with the courage to be brave enough in discussing why these underlying issues aren't tackled and are aggressively ignored as seen in this thread. The community needs leaders like you.

10. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

It likely correlates with the fact the the divorce rate in this country has been at or above 50% for multiple generations now, but your citing it is just an age-old proxy for whatever issues you have with black male sexuality and black people reproducing and multiplying in general. That's been happening a ****load longer than slavery, but between eugenics, miscegenation laws, Hays code provisions, penis myths and this out-of-context single parenthood blurb you pricks don't seem to ever "get over it."

11. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

What you are doing is trying to give yourself plausible deniability. This board has debated these stats many times. You heard about them and were curious if you presented them in this manner if you could trigger anyone. You got a little tingle deep down inside as you giddily imagined how much consternation you believed these stats would cause. You were so sure that you were going to cause a big uproar. But people were easily able to that you aren't interested in a debate just in getting a desired reaction.

Sweet Lou 4 2 likes this.
  12. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

And let racist cops be racist and kill whom they please as cops should always be trusted?

13. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

No you are not, you still haven't said anything that matters, you've just thrown out numbers and vague platitudes.

Fine, if it's about broken homes then shouldn't it be the same around the country? Tell me why it isn't.

Stop demonizing black people.

Lol...all he did was make a post about it on an internet message forum. I'm sure it'll reach the kids in Chicago and the kids on the street and before they'll shoot their gun they'll think about what pgabriel said.

Meanwhile there are people doing real work whose contributions you ignore to push this drivel.

#73 JayGoogle, Sep 16, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2018
  14. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Negotiate with criminals robbing you? That doesn't seem like a good idea. It's not a business transaction.

Reminds me of that one character Harry Ellis in "Die Hard". Sorry he died, though.

15. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

He is a Russian bot and a White Supremacy Familiar . . .

Rocket River

Rashmon likes this.
  16. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Unfortunately he's been around since 2002.

I think he's more of a Jesse Lee Peterson type...

17. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

The original pgabriel had been around since then. The new person using that account isn't the same that originated it. His stance on police activities differs from the personal experiences with police that I know the original pgabriel actually encountered. In addition to the different way he talks/types now, this is the largest proof that it isn't the same person.

Nook likes this.
  18. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

There was like a three year period the account went dormant
    then this new person showed up
    completely different in personality and political views

either
    1. Hacked
    2. Brainwashed
    3. the original person was the persona and this new one is the real

Rocket River

19. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Hmmm, I guess I didn't pay him much mind before so I wouldn't know. That's interesting though, especially the point about a difference in typing.

20. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

Actually, I have communication from the original pgabriel referencing an interaction he had with the police that contradicts what this pgabriel is saying now.

Nook and Rocket River like this.