1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

IT IS TIME TO MOVE ON!!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by basketballholic, May 10, 2019.

1. basketballholic

Stop the bishing and moaning. Move on folks. Season is over. Nothing else to see here. It is time to go fishing. For a big fish.

This version of this team is finished. Close it up. Seal the deal. We should realize that this group isn't going to get it done. Clutchfans should realize it. And the Rockets organization should realize it. Accept it finally. And move forward. It's time for a major revision.

Where do we go from here?

We've got the basic formula. Gotta get rid of what doesn't work and upgrade to what does.

1. Our offense has to move to 5-out with a center that can dynamically set the pick and then either roll to the rim or flip outside and spot up for the catch and shoot 3. This has to happen. We're in danger of even more teams like Milwaukee, Boston, Philly, and Denver passing us by. That center has to be able to switch defend on the perimeter as well as defend the post if necessary. And he's got to be young enough and healthy enough to consistently play 30 minutes a game.
    2. We need a second guy very similar to the first guy to come off the bench and also be available in case the first guy gets dinged.
    3. Gordon has been great. He's going into last year of his contract. He wants to get paid big money. He's aging. And he's got a chronic condition with his back. We have to move him, trade him. Which means we need to re-sign Rivers if possible, and get more length at the 3/4 and a potential star/ superstar. I'm hoping for either Butler or Winslow or Jrue with Winslow/Jrue being the better fits over Butler. They'll come cheaper than Beal. And we can trade for any of them without getting hard capped as long as Butler opts in. No S&T for Butler. If he doesn't force a trade here by opting in before June 30, then we move on to other options.

Harden
    Paul
    Butler or Winslow or Jrue
    ????????
    Tucker

No to guys like Embiid/KAT. Yes to AD but not likely.
    JayGreen would be great if we could get him cheap if we lose Rivers. But not a sign and trader. Also Jordan Bell will be a RFA. If the Warriors pass on him we should jump on that. He'd still in his career infancy. But ther fender is undeniable.

There's a Euro I really like. Tornike Shengalia. He's a possible cheap fit. Under the radar trade possibilities would include a young big like Willy Hernangomez. He can shoot and defend. Needs an opportunity to play. That's all he's lacking. Anthony Randolph of course. We can discuss others. Gotta get that guy.

This team had to have major adjustments to avoid being also-rans for the entire Harden/Paul era. And those moves likely involve trades with Gordon/Capela and our picks.

Tyus would be a good signing if he came cheap if Rivers walks.

WE HAVE TO MOVE ON.

2. basketballholic

Just as I predicted. 4 pages of utter nonsense Fire MDA. Fire Morey. Trade James and Paul dot crespo and go to the lottery. Guys acting like our players rolled over and didn't play hard.

Total bologna. I'm over it I told you this was going to happen. It's time to be rational and sane about what needs to be done.

Nook, lilbird20, rgw20014life and 7 others like this.
  3. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Damn nobody replied to your weak ass thread and you bumped it yourself.

Embarrassing Jopat!

#3 LosPollosHermanos, May 11, 2019
    Last edited: May 11, 2019
    malakas, Ronkol, King1 and 13 others like this.
  4. HadToDoItCF

HadToDoItCF Member

Rational and sane, like trying to get anonymous people to not whine on an internet forum after their team wet themselves yet again?

5. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

You were right. Props man.

6. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I'm just giving you a like because despite it all...you were right about Capela.

I would have taken DeAndre Jordan in a heartbeat after that series.

ClutchFam, ramotadab and jboslett like this.
  7. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

I'll bump your typical dork thread with a picture, as a simple picture makes more sense and is easier on the eyes than anything you've ever typed in your 1 bedroom rent.

This is me moving on right now. 2 beers in a float and me and friends (you should find one) playing music gettin chlorinated in the salt.

[​IMG]

Have a great offseason with more of your "insight" lol.

Ronkol and LosPollosHermanos like this.
  8. Zergling

Zergling Member

Wrong. What the Rockets need desperately is an actual good coach who is capable of pushing as many buttons as needed in the playoffs to maximize its chance to win games.

9. YallMean

YallMean Member

Actually, I agree with the first point about a big 100%. I also agree that we may or should look to move Gordon while we still can get good value in return. Gordon is perphaps stilled viewed as an asset. Is he enough to erase some mistakes we made?

10. Nivos

Nivos Member

TLDR
    Its time!

11. Asian Sensation

Can Thong Maker play the 4?

GermanRoxFan and JW86 like this.
  12. jowman

jowman Member

you were right lol esp about the scrub center rockets got, would try just about ANYONE else at that position at this point. maybe its the rest of us thats crazy for believing this team had a chance.

13. topfive

topfive CF OG

Have to say, I applaud your restraint in waiting till the very end to mention Capela by name. Couldn't have been easy for you.

That said, pretty good post. Re-tool smartly, not panic and rebuild.

ThrillaNManilla likes this.
  14. smoothie_king

smoothie_king Member

First possessions of 4th were bad...
    -gerald Greene gets fast breaks and does a James Ennis impression of fanning the three point line around 10:32 mark. 3 on 1. Iggy hits 3
    -gg takes early 3, then ggreene turns it over at 10:00 mark.

-golden state scores on back to back possessions with capaela zoned out to Klay thompson.
    -curry hits three on capaela.
    -golden state proceeds to go at capaela getting livingston to free line.

The biggest problem occurs where capaela goes to bench because small ball forces rockets to have over exert for everything. Then rockets do capeala sub for defense.

The play calling at this point becomes one big cluster-***** whenever MDA subs capaela in and out because harden tries to find capaela but cp3 does not necessarily look for capaela.

The team suffers from late game identity crisis.

15. basketballholic

We would have been better off with Whiteside. Anybody that saw the series last year and really understands basketball should have already known. It's amazing how blinding homerism is. It's a terrible disease. Even infects players and front offices.

We have to move on.

lilbird20 and WarEagleRockets like this.
  16. basketballholic

Blake can.

17. basketballholic

It was easy because contrary to your persistent propaganda that I hate Capela, I don't. I have consistently told you he's good at what he does. But the Warriors are the all time greatest team at stopping what he does.

Wake up! It's not about Capela!!!! It's about winning a championship!!! You and Harden have loved Capela to the point it blinded you from REALITY!!!!

IT IS TIME TO MOVE ON!!!!

WarEagleRockets likes this.
  18. cjvnyc

cjvnyc Member

Why would Jimmy Butler want to play church-league trashketball? Do you even watch the games? Butler plays real basketball.

saleem likes this.
  19. JW86

JW86 Member

Stop screaming, we get it, maybe you need to move on ;)

Moving on, nothing to see here.

20. basketballholic

I'm not sure he wants to be here. I think the real play with Butler is helping the Sixers generate a trade, maybe even a 3- way trade involving Butler and EGo with other assets coming back here.

I know there has been extensive talks with Miami regarding a Winslow/ Whiteside package. I think a 3- way involving Miami is possibility. And they could handle a sign and trade on their rebuilding of they could dump Whiteside.

I do not see is executing a sign and trade for butler. I think he isn't a possibility after June 30.