1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

IT IS TIME TO MOVE ON!!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by basketballholic, May 10, 2019.

1. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

Whichever ones don't a history of quitting in crucial playoff games

2. HP3

HP3 Member

Really cause you don’t know what you are talking about. Chris and James do work, we saw it last year and we would have beaten them if not for the injury. The truth is Paul is t the same player he was last year. The system is proven, if we had a real secondary scorer next to Harden, heck if that Miami trade had gone through you wouldn’t be saying any of this.

I know our team is prolly the biggest disappointment I know, but people in here need stop making outlandish comments.

3. Ronkol

Ronkol Member

Uhm... yeah. You can also argue that with Livingston GSW had three titles.. with Livingston they are neigh unbeatable man...

1. Regular season is regular season.
    2. You do not in any meaningful way adress that CP3 is declining.

Your claim that this system works is not yet supported... bringing up the awesomeness of Luc during regular games as proof is just not enough.

4. HP3

HP3 Member

And this post in no way addresses any of his arguments.

5. PolarBear

PolarBear Contributing Member

Lakers. They also have young, cheap prospects. However they’re fishing for a bigger catch right now (Kyrie & Kawhi).

saleem likes this.
  6. basketballholic

Getting more stupid by the minute.

Is this @heypartner burner account?

Cp3 decline has already been addressed and will continue to be addressed. That's not what is preventing us from a title. He's still elite in the clutch when needed. If you think his decline is the problem and not our defensive and offensive system's being compromised by Capela then you are ignorant.

Nothing will be enough for you. You apparently have not watched the Warriors over the past 6 seasons to be able to see that Hampton 5 kills every opponent lineup that has either or both:

1. A non-shooting big.
    2. A big that cannot switch effectively.

There is no other way to defeat them other than a 5 man that is a good switch defender and can shoot the 3.

You have to have 5 switchable defenders, at least 4 shooters (with the non-shooter being a great primary on-the-ball playmaker), and at least 3 guys that can handle in the top 6 of your rotation to defeat the Warriors. It is the only recipe that will work.

7. PersianRocket

PersianRocket Member

Not full of **** sorry. Not saying Houston is a contender but they can definitely make a pitch to him. Also not saying Boston isn’t a contender, but Horford seems to want to leave apparently.

Edit: Again my friend is just a journalist. Not a member of the team. This is just rumors around people close to the organization.

8. Ronkol

Ronkol Member

No just another ignorant idiot who actually thinks the system is pants for entertainment and not good enough for sustainable play off runs.

Words. Just hollowollowollowollow. There's no way to address an Albatross of this magnitude.

Yeah I was so idiotic just to say ONE albartrss account. Oh wait... let me see... hmmm... dang I actually said TWO albatross contracts. Must have been House I was talking about, not Capella. /facepalm

*Throws up hands*

In what way does this tfruly brilliant (like amazing... why doesn't realisation help us with the inability to find the players of the neccesary level due to the dead weights?everyone roflstomp GSW? Must be everyone is just not clever-clever enough.

You are theory crafting a recipe and then somehow this is not only feasible, it's also well within our means. If it was that simple, how could we actually hold of teams with a better roster and more cap space? What's the extra special trick that makes Houston impervious for having money tied up in players that won't cut it?[/quote]

9. dmoneybangbang

Finding a system to beat the best team ever..... really underestimates how good the GSW are.....

10. HP3

HP3 Member

[/QUOTE]
    We have a better GM than most thats how. You dont know anything about the X and Os and havent responded with such. Also Capela is not on an albatross contract, good god. Just the way you speak without any specifics just shows how little you actually know.

11. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Hmmm.... I.... agree with Holic on all of the things in this post...

12. LorneMalvo

LorneMalvo Member

***** i'm talking about eliminating massive net negatives in a series where every game came down to the final seconds.

My ability to evaluate basketball has almost nothing to do with it. It's common sense.

13. dream2franchise

Vooooooooooooooooch.

He wasn't a complete defensive liability and he has offensive smarts, range and size. Have him and Capela as a two headed (admittedly softish) monster for both lobs and bombs for stretches of time.

Agree Gordon has to be the one. Love the dude, but there's no one else of value.

14. basketballholic

[/QUOTE]
    Not worth any more of my time.