1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

IT IS TIME TO MOVE ON!!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by basketballholic, May 10, 2019.

1. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Perhaps the Rockets could run for the Senate... in Utah.

2. Juxtaposed Jolt

Holic with the most quality post in this thread. Never thought I'd see the day.

3. dreamshakin

dreamshakin Member

I used to think Mchale was an absolute garbage coach and MDA was a major upgrade. But my god, MDA is just a pringles guy looking Mchale

Hakeemtheking, PeterKingX and saleem like this.
  4. basketballholic

No.

We've got the right systems on both ends. We need the right personnel. Need the right skillsets at the 4/5 slots especially.

Length
    Shooting
    Switching

We have to move on from pick- and-roll to something even better. The option offense with 5 shooters, 3 playmakers, and 5 good to great switchable defenders.

BigShasta and Hakeemtheking like this.
  5. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

Waiting for the Warriors impode in the offseason.

6. igotwhipscollectingdust

This guy was right all along

7. ksny15

ksny15 Member

You have been wrong about a lot of ****. But you were right with this. I'll give you that.

lilbird20 likes this.
  8. tmactoyao

tmactoyao Member

Would Miami really be willing to dump Winslow just to get rid of Whiteside?

We'd have to give up Clint and EG to get those two

9. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

@BimaThug
    Are there any teams with cap space that could take up Eric Gordan and Clint Capela for second rounders and minor additions? Would a scenario like that open up cap room for a FA for our Houston Rockets?

10. MystikArkitect

Trade CP3/Ego/Capela/1st for Davis. Get Jimmy Butler in free agency. Keep Rivers to man the second unit. Keep Shump. See if Hart develops.

Feel out for new coaches and tell Harden hell need to fit in an offense. Not be the offense. Need a coach that gives a **** about both sides of the ball.

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  11. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

McHale >>> MDA

McHale brought us 1-3 comeback, I never forget.

12. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

I agree, it is time to move on. And see how the roster can be shifted. The Rockets have to build with GSW in mind BUT....have to also consider the Bucks, Raptors, Celtics etc etc. It needs to be a balanced roster. "Skate where the puck is going, not where it currently is" as Gretzky would say.

lilbird20 likes this.
  13. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

Maybe Sacramento? But even then, I doubt the Rockets could deploy what little room it’d create to get much better than Gordon/Capela. Bad allocation of assets, too, in not getting much value in return for them. Gotta keep the recency bias to a minimum with Clint.

GermanRoxFan, YallMean and saleem like this.
  14. YallMean

YallMean Member

These changes to me is a lot more drastic than our system is fine. These are not small tweaks like upgrade the wing defense.

So still let Harden walk up the court dribble 20 seconds to have him figure out what’s the right play? That’s MDA’s philosophy more or less.

On the other end, I agree that the system should revolve around Harden and catered using his strength. I agree the premise that he should still be the centerpiece. I think that’s your premise.

15. YallMean

YallMean Member

Totally lol at Gordon/Capela and CP’s 120 million for Paul George or even wait Anthony Davis! :D

16. andersongo

andersongo Member

McSuccess was and will always be trash. However, MDA is a pioneering genius on offense (the move from a post-ups heavy league to one spamming PNRs and 3s is his legacy) who is being let down by mental midgets. Chokers gonna choke.

17. N2bnfunn

N2bnfunn Member

Here is the blame Percentage:

1. 40% goes to James Harden (Big Game Chokes)
    2. 20% goes to MDA(Offense SUCKS NO BALL MOVEMENT)
    3.20% goes to the Rest of the Team(Clint DID NOTHING CP3 very little when we need it a shot NO ONE COULD HIT ANYTHING)
    4.20% goes to the REF's(every games Houston NEVER GOT the benefit of the doubt)

This sums it up.... James Harden take the most of the blame PERIOD..

18. basketballholic

That was the basis of the deal.

tmactoyao likes this.
  19. basketballholic

Drastic was when we went away from our defensive system and started dropping Capela instead of switching him or benching him. We were doomed at that point without a serious 4/5 upgrade. It never came.

System works. Gotta get the right players.

20. andersongo

andersongo Member

Why would you do this trade? Winslow can't shoot and Whiteside got paid. Another terrible trade idea.