1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dragon Ball Z

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by val_modus, Aug 10, 2011.

Tags:
  1. val_modus

val_modus Member

Cheers to all the people who grew up around the Dragon Ball series, one of my all time favorites! I would come home everyday from elementary and middle school to watch Goku kick some ass, anyone else a die hard fan of the series? They have some piece of **** Dragon Ball Z Kai show on Nicktoons but alot of the characters' voices are replaced, the music is like kiddy music from the 80's and it just doesnt look as good and badass as the original show on Cartoon Network... Anyways, what did you guys think about the show?

2. Keyser Soze

Keyser Soze Member

Awesome my childhood right there

3. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

I never got into it.

4. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Thinking back on it. It was such a stupid show. It took a billion episodes to advance the plot. And really the powering up somemore got old after a while.

5. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Haha. In middle school my buddies and I enjoyed parodying how they would power up for 15 minutes and spend a whole episode on setting up the next episode.

6. mrm32

mrm32 Member

I freaking loved that show!

Gohan was a badass up until after the Cell saga. Then he turned into a wuss.

7. Royals Ego

Royals Ego Member

When grown folks asked me what I wanted to be when I grow up, I always said Son Goku

Bad ass:
    <iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/LnQysCi6xyo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

If anyone can find the ORIGINAL amv of DBZ with Linkin Park In The End... I will love you long time

8. Royals Ego

Royals Ego Member

How many dragon ball characters does it take to screw in a light bulb?

Only one.
    But it takes 6 episodes.

9. AceballerGTR

AceballerGTR Member

Die hard DBZ fan checking in :cool:

10. sbyang

sbyang Member

I loved it up to the Frieza saga. The Cell saga got a little weird with that time traveling stuff, the Buu saga was a little off as well.

Still it's much better than Naruto (although behind one piece).

11. ketchupNmustard

I just re-watched z and gt as a 23 year old adult. Future Trunks was my favorite character growing up, but now it is Vegeta. Not only because of the villain to hero dynamic, but I really appreciate how they made his relationship with Goku not cheesy at all. His obsession with Goku (kakarot to him) albeit borderline creepy at times was well written and a clear hilight of the series.

12. Relentless

Relentless Member

Gohan vs Perfect Cell.

Vegeta was my favorite though.

13. Realjad

Realjad Contributing Member

I was definitely a big fan growing up

14. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Yeah. DBZ was good. I hated Dragon Ball and GT.
    Naruto was more like a guilty pleasure. Lol.

15. jae713

jae713 Member

Dragon Ball Z is badass. I still watch some of the Kai episodes, my wife thinks I'm r****ded. LOL. I never got to see the the GT series, where can i see it?

16. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Please don't watch it lol.
    It made everyone look weak as hell.

17. Jontro

Jontro Member

I downloaded all episodes of Dragon Ball, Z, and GT a while ago. It wasn't as awesome as when I read the comic books. Maybe because I had to fast forward all the part where they're just staring at each other.

Now Sailor Moon and Doraemon is where it's at.

18. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I've watched a fair amount of Anime and I have yet to find one that gives me the same amount of glee that DB,DBZ (even some of GT) has given me. I know that it's sacrilege to other Anime fans to say that.

I thought Naruto or Bleach was going to be that new show but damn there are too many characters with difficult names, difficult to follow mythology and hanging story lines. Haven't watched One Piece since it stopped airing on Cartoon Network but I think that show has captured the essence of DBZ.

I'm enjoying watching DBZ Kai on NickToons; it's a shame they won't do the Buu saga.

19. Royals Ego

Royals Ego Member

I think part of the nostalgia is the days of worthlessness of watching silent stare downs; no greater disappointment than coming home and wasting 30 minutes only to find out nothing really transpired, or the worst feeling of cartoon network rewinding to 25 episodes past...

it's a right of passage for every hardcore DBZ fan to have watched the original instead of Kai

20. mylilpony

mylilpony Member

the dead zone movie was epic. I stopped watching after they kept resetting the series in the middle of the freeza saga.