1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dragon Ball Z

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by val_modus, Aug 10, 2011.

Tags:
  1. liljojo

liljojo Member

If I had a gravity chamber, I'd be so ripped right now.

2. Jontro

Jontro Member

If I had a gravity chamber, I'd be strapped to the ground.

3. AceballerGTR

AceballerGTR Member

http://watch-dragonball.com/

All episodes ever

Dont watch GT...it was a disgrace.I sorta enjoyed it tho,up to when *15 yr old Spoilers*

When Goku Killed Baby/Bebi ......after that they just forced the hell out of is.Super 17?The Dragons?smh

1 person likes this.
  4. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Kai is pretty good, other than some changed voiceovers and a bad theme song. It's just the old episodes condensed so one battle doesn't take 10 episodes.

They condensed the whole series through the cell saga into 97 episodes, I actually like it. They didn't do the Buu saga, which i never liked anyhow.

The whole series would have been easier to enjoy if we didn't get it so much later then they got it in Japan, but 00-03 toonami was appointment viewing for me, I loved it, and all of its filibustering.

GT was terrible.

5. CJLarson

CJLarson Member

LOVED IT! Thinking about it though, the episodes were sooooooooo dragged on. The Buu saga was rather strange too.

I remember waiting a long time to finally see GT. It took so long, by the time they started airing it here, I gave up.

6. CJLarson

CJLarson Member

If I had a hyperbolic time chamber, my muscles would be exploding.

7. kidcave9

kidcave9 Contributing Member

loved watching the mexican dubs, only watched anime in Mexico. This, Ranma,SuperCampeones, and Tenchi were all awesome.

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/9wPlA8zDbR8?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/9wPlA8zDbR8?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/AmZKYIzMhp8?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/AmZKYIzMhp8?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>

8. kidcave9

kidcave9 Contributing Member

dragon ball was better than z,btw

9. rox1

rox1 Contributing Member

Huge fan checking in.. I remember i would get out of school at 5 pm and would rush home so I can catch the show at 5:30 pm. When I came to the states I continued watching it but they were way behind. I hated cartoon network showing a few new episodes and then going back to the beginning. GT wasn't that good but I still watched it a couple of times :)

10. Ender120

Ender120 Contributing Member

One of my favorite moments in the series is when Gohan comes back to Earth to fight Super Buu after he gets his full power unlocked.

"Are you going to fight me?"
    "No, I'm going to kill you."

Gohan would have been so beastly as a main character, but they were afraid people would lose interest if it wasn't about Goku, so they turned him into a bookworm punk.

Still my favorite character, right there with Vegeta and of course THE MAN... Piccolo!

Is anyone a fan of Yu Yu Hakusho?

11. Jontro

Jontro Member

GT was a disgrace to Japanese cartoons. I still watched it from beginning to end. The only good thing was that it had far less staring competition. Goku's grand daughter whatever her name is was really annoying. and Trunks was a wuss.

I wish they would continue the DB series. Technically they could focus on those same characters (Piccolo, Gohan, Goku, Veggie, etc) and set it in the afterlife. I'm sure there are plenty evils that could threaten the whole universe and the afterlife.

12. liljojo

liljojo Member

Gohan vs. Cell gave me my first orgasm.

13. bullardfan

bullardfan なんでやねん

Cowboy Bebop, Samurai Champloo, Robotech/Macross series, One Piece, Neon Genesis Evangelion are all superior to DBZ imo and Suite Precure outranks Sailor Moon.

DBZ is prolly the most popular anime in Japan tho (across all age groups).

14. val_modus

val_modus Member

That was too sick my man. And yes i was a huge fan of Yuyu Hakusho up until they stopped showing it right before YuYu was supposed to fight that big guy in that tournament... it just doesnt come on anymore. My favorite characters were Gohan as a kid during Cell Saga, and Trunks after the time chamber, i wish we got to see more of him.

15. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

IMO Cowboy Bebop is probably the best animated action series ever. DBZ not even close to that.

IMO Naruto is at least 10x better than DBZ. At least the story moves forward each episode and also that the battles are way more engaging. Any Rock Lee fight over any DBZ fight!

But DBZ does have nostalgia on it's side but looking back at it, it just doesn't hold up for me.

1 person likes this.
  16. Ender120

Ender120 Contributing Member

I bought seasons 1-4 at Best Buy for 20 bucks each. You're missing out if you only saw up to the Dark Tournament.

The show is so much sicker when you watch it in Japanese. You realize how much they water down the dialogue for American audiences.

Kinda like DBZ changing "HELL" to "HFIL".

17. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

i have seen all the episodes more than 3 times. The show still gets me.

Bruce falconer made it epic with his music too

18. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

naruto?

dude wtf are you smoking.

that show sucks, Its a dbz wannabee show. just way ****tier. haven't seen bepop but i can tell you the consensus wouldn't agree.

Rirouni kenshin has to be one of the best animes as well as the samurai x OVAs

19. Jontro

Jontro Member

Nobody here has heard of Saint Seiya?

Probably the most epic-est after Doreaemon.

20. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I see you have never seen more than 10 episodes of Naruto.

I don't understand how DBZ is better in any way shape or form.
    The story is the exact same but with different characters. Villain shows up....Somehow Goku must be absent...Villain wrecks a few of the warriors...Goku shows up to save the day. Every enemy stronger than the last so Goku has to get stronger.

Wash-Rinse-Repeat. Naruto is nothing like that, each arc is different than the last. The Chuunin exams of Naruto is much better than anything DBZ put out.

Talk about the action scenes? Naruto's battles where animations aren't just being replayed. Oh yeah not only that but in Naruto when characters die they actually do die with a few rare exceptions.

How many times did Goku come back from death? In DBZ killing off a character means training. It means nothing in DBZ...hell not even the f'n villains stay dead.

Also you say no one would agree with me that Cowboy Bebop is not one of the best but I said IMO.

http://www.animenfo.com/statistic/top.php?type=anime

It is one of the best that was my point. That's why I said IMO, because imo Bebop is the best Anime series. I never get tired of watching that.

BTW look at Naruto at #35 and DBZ at #193.

Looks like I'm not the only one that thinks Naruto is leagues ahead of DBZ.

I'm not hating on DBZ, but I'm saying if you gave me a choice to take 10 Anime DVD sets with me on a island DBZ will not be one of them.