1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dragon Ball Z

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by val_modus, Aug 10, 2011.

Tags:
  1. Ender120

Ender120 Contributing Member

Goku would ruin Superman.

2. got em COACH

got em COACH Contributing Member

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/MVEibxNEo5M" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

2 people like this.
  3. mrm32

mrm32 Member

Got em coach

4. mickey_angelo

mickey_angelo Member

My favorite anime of all time. Just watched the Hades saga a few years ago and caught up watching the Lost Canvas episodes. Made me chase down all original episodes and rewatched the entire series.

5. ketchupNmustard

Trunks was my favorite character as a child, and I'm talking about take no prisoners, kill freeza an his father in one episode Trunks. The other was okay.

I then realized Vegeta's dynamic was the most interesting to me. From
    misunderstood antagonist to a sacrificial hero and father was a cool transformation. Also Goku always gets props for never backing down, but Vegeta also stood tall every fight. He was even always down to fight Goku even knowing that Goku was levels above him.

6. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Vegeta transformation from cold-hearted ******* to caring (not openly) father, I agree, was the best part of the series. Usually most people would make it too cheesy and make his change completely unnatural but DBZ really handled it well.

7. Jontro

Jontro Member

It was cool until Vegeta got a haircut. I mean wtf was that about?

Fun Facts for the new kids who never got to know DB:

8. Jontro

Jontro Member

eh... my apologies for the double post.

Sauce:
    http://dragonball.wikia.com/wiki/Origins_of_Character_Names

Moar could be found from that link.

1 person likes this.
  9. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

catch the newest episode of DBZ, just this year:

Bardock was the super saiyan of legend

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/xTCqvnx0EOY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

10. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I agree! in grade school when Majin Vageta confessed why he took power, and then when he sacrifices himself for his family and Goku, I got a little teary eyed... DBZ might be widely panned by anime purist, but I have yet to find another anime series to get that type of emotion from me. It could be because I was very young when I first saw DBZ, but... *shrug*

<iframe width="480" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/INlntMXEe_I" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Epic SSJ level 2 hug!

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/IQspD0HfPcc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

That span between the end of the Perfect Cell saga and the beginning of GT are the best episodes IMO, and it wasn't even in the Manga.

11. mylilpony

mylilpony Member

i like how when you increase your power you become blonde with blue eyes.

12. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

[​IMG]

13. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

yea , i don't get why japanese people view themselves as white people..

[​IMG]

14. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

i agree, I don't get why hardcore anime fans have so much beef about it. It does have plot holes but there are very few shows that can provoke someone's emotions like that.

But dude, the frieza and cell saga were the best by far. Majin Vegeta and Vegito were the only cool things about the buu saga. they raped gohan anally and gave us the abomination that is goten

15. Rox11

Rox11 Member

Thank you for that sir! Brings back so many feelings and not just memories.
    And yes this show had something very special about it that i don't believe was or will be ever be recreated in another show.
    The huge fanbase of idiots diminishes some of that, however its funny how even when we do mention this show or any other cartoon people still act like we were wussies for watching them or something.

16. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

The Cell Saga is my favorite. Buu Saga was fun but it was a little too much with its goofiness. Cell Saga was just so cool with the Androids and the technological aspect. I also think it's when Akira Toriyama's illustration was at his best.

17. Jontro

Jontro Member

When you guys watch the episodes, does your power level reach over 9000 because you're pissed they take at least 6 episodes just for Goku to take a piss?