1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Classic eg of abuse of power

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by adoo, May 18, 2018.

1. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Except that wasn't what I said at all. You only showed that you weren't able to comprehend what was being discussed. You brought up the crap about the rich. I agreed with you that him having a grudge against Bezos was stupid, but that's Trump for you. It is stupid, yet he has one, has said during his campaign that would go after Amazon, tried multiple times to pressure the head of the USPS to double the rates for Amazon, but wasn't able to do that because he has no clue what he's doing.

I didn't say he was getting back at the Post through Amazon rates. I said he was trying to do that and was unsuccessful because he doesn't know enough about how the USPS or anything else in government works to get the revenge he craves so badly.

I've laid out the facts about why it is clear Trump is abusing power and trying to use his office to pursue a grudge against the owner of both Amazon and the Washington Post.

You've demonstrated that you can't stay on topic and throw out all sorts of crap that have nothing to do with the actual topic at hand.

Amiga likes this.
  2. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

This is an understatement.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  3. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

You're the one not making sense. Getting back at the Post through Amazon which you are saying he attempted to do only works because both are owned by the super rich Bezos

You can't have it both ways. Trump going after Bezos through the postal service which you admit he can't is pure speculation anyway no matter where you heard it

4. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

I'm responding to what he wrote.

There are only three subjects. Amazon, Bezos, and The Post, oh and Trump

5. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Also it's all cool with y'all that a super rich guy owns a leading information source ala William Randolph Hearst I guess.

Edit sidenote, my sister was at River Oaks elementary a couple of years behind Bezos

Follow me @realpgabriel

Rosebud

6. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Donald Trump's criticism of Amazon goes back to 2015. It has nothing to do with The Post.

The criticism always was directed at taxes.

7. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

I've already explained. Trump is attempting to go after Bezos through the postal service. He's unsuccessful at doing it because he doesn't know a thing about the govt.

It's not speculation, it's Trump's own words during the campaign, it's his actions in his meetings with the postmaster.

Again you bring up Bezos being rich. You are the only one bringing that up except when someone else points out that you are doing that. That has zero to do with Trump's clear-cut abuse of power.

8. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

Again more off topic crap by you talking about Bezos' wealth. Please stick to the topic.

9. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

10. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

So Bezos isn't wealthy ? I didn't say he is going after him because of his wealth.

I'm saying by your logic on other Trump subjects, he would not attack a wealthy person.

You are the one not understanding.

You can't separate Bezos and his considering he's the richest or damn near richest person in the world

11. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

The point is whatever this is about is before Trump was running for President

12. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

I've never said Trump wouldn't attack another rich person. Trump has shown to be insecure about his own supposed wealth and often jealous.
    Nobody is understanding because you aren't making any sense.

13. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

What? people have just posted a ton more evidence. I'm not sure about Trump having any ground to stand on regarding taxes. Look at his own taxes... Oh, that's right nobody can.

14. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

You haven't posted any evidence this is about a grudge. It's all speculation. Why would he ga a grudge I. 2015?

15. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

Others and I have posted and you have chosen to ignore.

16. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

I brought up 2015. So again was the beef with the Post then?

17. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Did you see the tweet I posted from 2015? Pretty clear from Trump's tweet that he is attacking the Post and Bezos

18. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Your tweet is about Amazon bro
    Don't make me waste bandwidth correcting you on your own posts

Good Lord. I wondered why you posted and that I ignored it the first time

Edit:Trump's crusade against Amazon

Now in all honesty, who knows what Trump's issue was but it wasn't The Post
    http://money.cnn.com/2015/12/07/investing/donald-trump-amazon-taxes/index.html

#100 pgabriel, May 21, 2018
    Last edited: May 21, 2018