1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Classic eg of abuse of power

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by adoo, May 18, 2018.

1. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

The only thing I want to chime in with at this time is that the title of this thread is really annoying. It hurts my eyes to see "eg".

Deckard likes this.
  2. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Another Eric Gordon thread

3. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Whether or not the postmaster lost their job isn't what makes something an abuse of power. Do you just say things at random?

4. adoo

adoo Member

5. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

What did he use his power to do that's abusive. Giving up your right to an opinion isn't a Presidential job requirement.

6. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

You know better than that. Trump didn't merely give an opinion. He tried to take action and force others to take action.

It has been explained to you. Trump has repeatedly tried to pressure the postmaster general to double the rates for one company and one company only, Amazon. Trump announced he would go after Amazon before becoming president. He has complained about the Washington Post's coverage of him.

Trump was unsuccessful at it because he doesn't have the slightest clue how USPS contracts work.

Deckard and No Worries like this.
  7. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

He was just trying to get a better deal
    What's wrong with that? It would just benefit the post office, not him personally

He doesn't work for the super rich Bezos. Normally you would be b****ing about helping the rich. Chickens with no heads

#67 pgabriel, May 21, 2018
    Last edited: May 21, 2018
  8. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

Here is where you start drifting even wider. Nobody but you talked about working for Bezos. You are also trying to throw out Bezos' wealth to muddy the waters. That isn't at all relevant to the conversation. I also would only complain about helping the rich if it was at the expense of others.

Amazon isn't being helped out in a way that isn't also beneficial for the USPS. That also helps all the smaller businesses that also sell through Amazon.

He wasn't just trying to get the postal service a better deal. The postal already said the deal they have is beneficial. He also wouldn't target just one company to help out the postal service. You yourself talked about Amazon leaving the USPS for service with other carriers. We know that isn't helpful to the post office.

Most of what you said had nothing to do with the actual topic. What you did post that was on topic is off base.

jo mama likes this.
  9. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Good luck with that

10. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Trump's very good brain disagrees with you.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  11. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

Yes, his very good brain and my barely moderate brain will probably have many more disagreements as well.

No Worries likes this.
  12. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

So what reason do you have for Trump criticizing the deal. Some stupidity about a grudge against the Post. How does this get back at the Post?

In Post#9 you're talking about some grudge. Grudge against who.? Grudge against who, the Post Master General? WTF are you talking about?

#72 pgabriel, May 21, 2018
  13. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Says the guy giving Trump an internet reach around.

No Worries likes this.
  14. Anticope

Anticope Member

@FranchiseBlade was clearly referring to Trump's grudge against Amazon because Bezos owns the Washington Post. He's tweeted about the "Amazon Washington Post" countless times so don't bother trying to deny the existence of this grudge.

15. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

The owner of Amazon is also the owner of the Washington Post. Yes, Trump's grudge against the post is stupid, but you'll have to ask Trump about it not me.

Do you understand?

16. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

You just said he didn't have a grudge against Bezos or the rich

I accept your apology for saying I'm rambling. I'm talking about the **** you started.

Now he hates the super rich but in the tax cuts thread you're probably saying the exact opposite.

Thanks for playing

Don't say something dumb like Bezos isn't rich. Please

17. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

And all I said was the claim of a grudge against Bezos is stupid

In response to him bringing it up.

Don't give me your summary homeboy. I'll give you the summary

#77 pgabriel, May 21, 2018
  18. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

Until you show that you understand that the grudge is against Bezos who owns both Amazon and the Post, Then I'll keep giving summaries.

Using the word 'homeboy' doesn't make you sound more like the real pgabriel. It does make you sound like you are desperate to do so.

In the words of A Tribe Called Quest "Instead of trying so hard, why don't you try just a little?"

19. Buck Turgidson

Because I can be.

20. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

After I just ruined your argument with your own other general "Trump only cares about the rich" argument, not to mention there is nothing Trump can do but run his mouth and not hinder anyone involved in this deal so the whole abuse of power claim is stupid

I understand why you went to the it's really not pgabriel distraction

Even ignoring all that, to say he is getting back at the Post through Amazon postal rates which he can't set to begin with is really ridiculous

Believe me I understand the ridiculous claim