1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Texans extending Tunsil

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Nimo, Apr 24, 2020.

1. rfrocket

rfrocket Member

Let me get this straight.

He got the highest apy in the league (by 4mil).
    He got an extremely short contract so he can ask for even more money much sooner.
    He got ALMOST ALL of his money guaranteed.
    He hit the freaking trifecta!
    And he did all this without the help of an agent.

OMG Deshaun and his agent have got to be licking their chops after this one!

And this is the REALLY sobering thought...............
    Out of BO'B's trifecta (coaching, gm-ing and contract negotiating) coaching is actually his STRONG SUIT!!!

Let that one sink in.

2. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

After what Randall Cobb got, it was a foregone conclusion Laremy already had his own pen ready to sign the contract he printed out himself.

GMs love to see bobs name on the called ID

3. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

Houstunna likes this.
  4. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

To be fair... the bottom graphic is heading into 2019.

5. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Tunsil 4 year average (including this year is $19 million). That’s the number you should understand.

Y’all are idiots. Tunsil doesn’t have to sign a long deal. Players are smarter now because of the NBA. Long-Term deals used to be smart for NFL players because of injury. However, because of the cap structure, those 6 or 7 years are really 3-5 year deals because teams could cut players because of lack of guaranteed money at the end (just ask Duane Brown on the $19!million not guaranteed that caused him to hold out).

The rage in the NBA is to sign short-term deals as the CBA money goes up and take more control of your future at the risk of injury and performance. The NFL is more risk for players and that’s why players opted for the long term deals. Only QBs will QB will take the really long deals for star players because the money makes sense.
    You may b**** about BoB, but Tunsil is willing to be on his health and performance. Texans can’t force him to sign for 5-7 years.

Since the extension is guaranteed, it allows them to spread the cap over 3 years...the same they would have done over a 5 year extension. That gives teams the option to cut and underperforming player early in a 5 year contract.

The hate for BoB clouds most of your thinking.

Watson will get around $37-$40 million a year over 5-7 years.

King1 likes this.
  6. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Why are u posting a graphic that doesn’t include the 2019 season? Tunsil made the pro bowl in 2019. You posted a graphic that references the 2018 season.

Your takes are BOOTY. Just stop. We get it. You hate EVERYTHING BoB does.

7. hou$tonScrew$tonTX

And you love everything BOB does. You’re constantly drooling all over BOB crotch. You need to calm down nutlicker. You’re mr. Scarface bc you got scars on your face from BOB schlong wacking your face all day long...

8. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah I know. He said you couldn’t name one OT better so I was giving the other poster a chance to have a comeback

9. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

FOH I was giving the other poster an opportunity to say who was the top 5 OTs. Even you said Tunsil wasn’t the best.

10. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

See that is the problem with BoB haters, delusions. I’m not supporting what BoB does, I’m just giving the reasons why it may make sense. I have no Love for BoB. I just realized hating just to hate is pointless.

11. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

BTW....suck a dick, b****. You whine like one.

12. conquistador#11

13. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

The good news is we've got LT locked up for the next four years. After he didn't get extended during the trade we all new it was going to be a monster contract and likely set the market for OT. I'm not surprised at what he got or the length of the deal. I actually like the shorter term deal, because the next 4-years are critical to what we do in the play-offs and if we don't get over the hump then the flexibility to extend (if he's still healthy and doing well) is there.

Yes, we likely overpaid for LT both in draft picks and contract, but he's just coming into his own and should dramatically cut down on those penalties this year. When I look at pick #26 this year, I don't see anyone I'd want more than LT and if we pick in the same area next year then I doubt we really will regret those picks. For some reason the added 2nd is what really bothers me. If it was a 3rd, then I'd have been less upset when it happened (I think).

14. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Y would u need to give reasons for sht moves to make sense? U r just a BoB dck rider in denial about your love him. This dude has no agent and he still able to negotiate the most expensive contact for an ot. Goes to show how sht BoB is at his job.

Sometimes u just need to stfu and admit BoB jist sucks at his job, u finding the need to provide reasons for all sht move just exposes u as a BoB dck rider.

TheRealist137 likes this.
  15. dmoneybangbang

Giving up the picks bothers me much more than money. The NFL cap goes up every year.

Nimo likes this.
  16. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

LOL. Go find a dick.....and go to town. It is POINTLESS to argue with you.

17. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Dude idk how old u r, but the mental gymnastics u have to do to defend every sht move BoB does is astounding. we sign this man to the most expensive contact when he doesnt even have an agent plus isnt even the best Tackle is just batsht stupid. Hell if u factor in the first two round first pick its just mind numbing how bad and desperate BoB is.

U do know that u praising how smart tunsil is at for signing a short term contract just goes to show how sht BoB is at his job right?

18. KePoW

KePoW Contributing Member

Here you go scarface:

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-top-25-offensive-linemen-through-week-15

That's the rankings from an article in Dec 2019, through week 15. He's not even in the top 25, much less top 10.

So you think it's an awesome value deal to pay Tunsil to be the highest-paid OL in the ENTIRE LEAGUE, when he's not even close to being in the top-10. They didn't just pay him the highest for available free agents... they paid him $4M more than every single other OL player period!

This is just a dumb deal. Also who knows if the NFL cap will keep exponentially increasing the next year or two? With covid19, I don't think it's guaranteed to increase at the same pace.

19. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Guys, arguing with an idiot, makes you an idiot as well.

I cant see the posts, but I can tell who the idiot is. That, plus the post right above this one says who.

20. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

57 million guaranteed

57 false starts guaranteed

Glad we didn't lose him because doing so would be too costly given what we gave for him.

#80 Houstunna, Apr 25, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2020