1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Shaq/Javale Drama

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by fmp087, Feb 24, 2017.

1. fmp087

fmp087 Member

buffalobills!!!, Yung-T, Easy and 2 others like this.
  2. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

Its a blooper segment fans tweet TNT suggestions on who should be on it. Is it their fault that Mcgee has the dumbest basketball IQ in the league? Are todays players really this sensitive where they get butthurt over the weeks blooper real ?

Hustle Town and J.R. like this.
  3. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

4. WinorLoseMate

WinorLoseMate Member

The same people who say Javale is soft/sensitive are the same people who can't take any sh#t like Shaq. Isn't Shaq being sensitive too when he's responding to this whole BS feud?

5. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

Shaq sometimes thinks that he's funnier than he actually is.

6. MadRocketsGamer

Wasnt morey critisized for that last year

vtjsr2 and buffalobills!!! like this.
  7. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

Get a grip, bruh.

Besides, Shaq is probably still insecure bc Supahead put his little manhood on blast all those years ago.

8. MadRocketsGamer

Dude ramona shelbourne, michelle beadle, chauncey billups, tmac are all idiots who have major west coast bias. Windhorst is basically their guy who covers the eastern confernce

Hell even broussard got smarter leaving that network

I mean look at who espn hired to cover our rockets lol

Rox11 likes this.
  9. MadRocketsGamer

The warriors can dish it, but cant take it

vtjsr2 and Purvis2Short like this.
  10. PhiSlammaJamma

What is interesting to me is that this idea of social media control by an organization, or social media bullying aka Shaq, could go all the way to the supreme court. There is a Supreme Court case next week on whether or not sex offenders can use any form of social media ever. So while it all seems funny and going overboard like deflate gate or the Cardinals hack, or the Rockets firing their social media dude... this among them is a serious issue at the Federal level and in the highest courts. It actually deserves the attention it's getting.

#90 PhiSlammaJamma, Feb 24, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2017
  11. Hustle Town

Hustle Town Contributing Member

I disagree completely with this line of thinking. The Shaq and JaVale Twitter spat over what is essentially a blooper reel is incongruent with sex offenders, Chris Correa, the Supreme Court, etc. JaVale arguing that this is slander would not hold up in a court of law, nor should it. That's a slippery slope for censoring free speech and restricting satire.

On a less serious note, I don't like Shaq either, but I also don't see the malice in his constant targeting of JaVale McGee. It just feels like a normal comedy shtick, and it happens to be one that does well with viewers. As someone else put, what Shaq has done on Inside the NBA is fine, but he shouldn't be escalating stuff on Twitter unless he wants to look like even more of an a**hole.

buffalobills!!! likes this.
  12. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

Those who dish it out the most are also the most sensitive. The second someone makes a playful jab back at Shaq he starts getting uptight and his comebacks are barely above the level of 'no you're stupid.' At least Barkley can laugh at himself, Shaq, not so much if at all.

I know he isn't a journalist and I get the 'entertainment' aspect of it (if you can call it that). But since this has been so directly tied to the show, I imagine he's starting to cross the line for the TNT bosses.

13. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

This isn't specifically a Warriors thing, as many posters in this thread seem to have taken McGee's side, and I know they're not Warriors fans.

The McGee stuff was pretty damn funny when it was frequently happening, but he hasn't even been relevant for a couple years, and he hasn't really done anything 'Shaqtin' this season. Last night's extended 'Dr. Strange' segment targeting McGee was basically a rundown of all the same stuff that had been shown over the years, which I'm sure re-opened McGee's wounds. There's 3 plays from the video from this season - 1) falling into someone's legs, 2) getting a hand thru the rim while trying to block a shot, and 3) missing a contested layup. Wow, that's some serious 'Shaqtin'! As others have said, it's basic bullying at this point.

Imagine being teased for a few years, having it kinda subside, then this video comes out of the blue after one of your nationally televised games. You'd probably be pretty pissed.

#93 el gnomo, Feb 25, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2017
    Yung-T likes this.
  14. tmactoyao

tmactoyao Member

Shaq's a corny bully with a mentality of a 15 yr old that can't take a joke. Dude is terrible 95% of the time on the show, but I feel like some of y'all care too much. It's really not that serious, and it's pretty funny seeing two clowns beef. McGee/Warriors are right to stand up to Shaq, but coming to Turner Sports is equally as corny IMO. Harden did a FootLocker ad that poked fun at his defense, but went out there and balled and now he's the MVP. Just go play ball Javale...with that said, McGee's playing better this year but it's not hard to when your previous standard was so low, and you play on the most talented roster in the league. We always knew he had potential; he's just always been a bum.

This whole drama is hilarious - don't know how anyone can take a side. Just sit back and enjoy the hilarity that ensues. That Dr. Strange parody is ****ing hilarious man. Shaqtin' a Fool has some good moments too.

#94 tmactoyao, Feb 25, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2017
    buffalobills!!! and mrm32 like this.
  15. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Javale McGee isn't a very good player, never really has been. But there are over 400 players in the league, most of them are like McGee, not very good, just trying to hold on to their place in the league. Shaq has consistently singled out this one dude piling on him from his bully pulpit. All while being unable to take even the slightest joke in his direction.

I'm no fan of McGee, and I'm certainly no fan of those b**ches by the bay, but I have found Shaq's behavior in regards to McGee extremely tacky and classless. I need to start an "I've grown to hate Shaq" thread, because I really can't f**king stand him. Probably the worst sports "personality" that has been given a national job.

split41, macho GRANDE and tmactoyao like this.
  16. tmactoyao

tmactoyao Member

See that's the thing... Shaq is very low IQ in the way he treats people and acts. His behavior is childish and he shouldn't be taken seriously, especially when you consider what his job is now (subpar insight, mainly an entertainer more than analyst). He sucks for sure and I can't stand him either, but him starting this beef and the ensuing shitshow is hilarious mainly because of the hypocrisy from GS and their "fans." I don't feel like this whole drama or Shaq's shtick needs to be taken seriously at all. There's more important things than to have hatred of him on your mind for more than 5 seconds...

17. Jontro

Jontro Member

to be honest, shack hasn't been entertaining since he last played for the heat. his entertainment value has been progressively declining since then.

he's ruined everything he touches, especially the open court series. he hasn't added any value nor insight at all. if steve kerr is more entertaining in open court than you, then you're definitely not made for television.

18. mrm32

mrm32 Member

I would like to see Shaq go in on KD next for jumping ship.

tmactoyao likes this.
  19. tmactoyao

tmactoyao Member

Lmao this would be great and make the situation even better and more entertaining. Shaq already tweeted KD and told him to mind his own business though so we'll see...

He did the Dr. Strange parody with Javale... he should do a Snakes on a Plane parody with KD

20. Rox11

Rox11 Member

What's annoying most about Whaq is when he starts to get 'tuff' about subjects like when the whole Charles LBj thing was happening he told Chuck I would come on here and punch you in your face if you said that to me....

For someone with his legacy he really doesn't need to prove anything anymore to anyone but his ego has broken the scale