1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

"Life Coach" John Lucas Fires JaMarcus Russell

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by gucci888, Apr 14, 2011.

1. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

not defending russell, i just can't stand when people come with the they weren't mad enough after the loss argument. i bet all three were at the club later that night

2. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

That may be true, but I wonder who out of the three didn't show up in the training facility/film room the next morning.

3. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

What does that have to do with anything?

We're talking about an NFL QB showing complete apathy immediately AFTER losing the game and playing like ****.

I went to that game and the Raiders didn't move the ball over midfield more than once the entire game against a not so special Texans Defense.

JaWalrus is a failure of a human being.

4. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

a bit much?
    I don't think he has killed anyone, etc

Rocket River

5. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

Chill out Nintendo.

6. ubigred

ubigred Contributing Member

Overboard.

7. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Just because you have potential to be a great football player, does not mean that you love the game, or even want to play it.

If the guy wants to be fat and lounge in his cash, let him be.

I envy his laziness and mediocrity. He should just retire and laugh all the way to the bank. He needs to get a financial adviser, and after that he needs to do what he wants to do, which is probably nothing on a beach in Hawaii.

<object width="640" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/68N0c6WaabE?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/68N0c6WaabE?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="390"></embed></object>

8. DonnyMost

Supporting Member

Indeed.

A true role model.

And if by "lounging in his cash" you mean "blowing through it in 3-4 years", then you're spot on.

9. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah, He only has a few million left. :grin:

He needs a financial adviser bad, one that gives him a sort of allowance, like a child, haha...

10. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

Glad he overshadows Ryan Leaf. :grin:

11. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

As a Raiders Fan, I believe I am 100% entitled to say that.

12. MourningWood

MourningWood Contributing Member

13. DonnyMost

Supporting Member

In Jamarcus' defense, I don't think John Lucas carries a whole hell of a lot of weight as a life coach.

Sounds like he just woke up one day and decided to do that.

14. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

jamarcus was happy, he's a loser. whatever, this used to bother me to. i remember the rockets were in phoenix at a game that started at 6pm our time, lost and i saw cuttino and pig miller hanging out in the parking lot of a club i was at during closing time. i thought it was funny.

15. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

John Lucas is actually pretty well respected for "rehabbing" troubled players (hence the #1 overall pick coming to Houston for his services). After going through his own problems, it does sound like just decided to help rehab others but from what I've read, he's done some pretty good things and has helped out a lot of players. A lot of them are probably not well known hence the lack of good publicity.

16. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

i remember when he first started, he tried to help bj tyler, point guard from ut in the early nineties who was actually a loto pick.

17. DonnyMost

Supporting Member

I'm just saying, it's not like Jamarcus was kicked the curb by some professional rehab center or therapist.

John Lucas is as much of a life coach as I am... it's not some kind of certified, degreed, or clinical position.

He may have done some good things in the past, but I'm putting more stock in Jamarcus' past f**k-ups as a predictor of his imminent failure than I am this one particular incident of him not getting along with his rent-a-friend.

18. ubigred

Wish him well...he needs help.

19. ubigred

Do your research. You don't know what your talking about.

20. DonnyMost

Supporting Member

If he's helping people, great for him. But sorry, I don't really have a lot of respect for people who run around doing what should be a degreed professional's job of rehabilitating people with diseases or disorders of some kind. It seems kind of dangerous/irresponsible.

*edit: apparently Lucas runs some kind of enterprise with this? I'm guessing he has skilled, trained, certified professionals working under his employ. That is a far cry from a "life coach". Was Jamarcus checked into this rehab program/facility? Or was Lucas just serving as his "counselor"? Makes a pretty big difference in my eyes.

#40 DonnyMost, Apr 18, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2011