1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[TV] Westworld on HBO

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by tehG l i d e, Aug 9, 2015.

1. K mf G

K mf G Contributing Member

I don't think Ford comes back. Maeve was probably programmed by Ford to be another story line. Felix has to be a host. Samurai world seems like a season 3 thing but we'll see. The multiple timeline and trick editing was fascinating and the finale was great. Can't wait for season2

2. MoonBus

MoonBus Contributing Member

How many times has Ford shaken hand with other people, so he couldn't have been an old model host. The purpose of that dialogue was to meant that those models were so mechanical that you can tell from a simple handshake. If we are to say this Ford that is shaking hand with Bernard is a newer model host built by Ford himself based on that reference, that to me is a leap in logic. Did Ford send a signal through the hand to Bernard to tell him he is a host?

I love Hopkins' acting and I wish he could return for S2. Ford may very well be still "alive" either as human or as a Host. Maybe Dolores only killed a host created by Ford or he had somehow successfully transferred his conscience to another Host. I don't think this handshake thing was meant to hint anything. It was a simple gesture to say goodbye to a friend.

3. superfob

superfob Mommy WOW! I'm a Big Kid now.

I'd rather not see Ford back either as it cheapens the impact. Just thinking back to the handshake thing though, it was awkward in it's execution.

4. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This show will STRUGGLE without Hopkins...

J Sizzle likes this.
  5. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

no it won't. Ford was hardly a fan favorite. It still has lots of big names.

RocketWalta and Dgn1 like this.
  6. K mf G

K mf G Contributing Member

decent prediction, but it was so well written that I think they'll do fine.

7. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

I started the series over Thanksgiving and timed it for the finale. It was an interesting sci-fi and had good themes on AI and consciousness. The parallel stories over different time periods was well done.

My biggest flaws were the techs were a bunch of idiots and that I didn't care much for any characters.

rockpileindisma likes this.
  8. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Sir Anthony Hopkins dangles his majestic balls on your pockmarked butter face...

9. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Lulz.
    [​IMG]

Rodman23 and Dgn1 like this.
  10. rage

rage Member

Hopkins is an incredible actor but the others are fanstatic as well.
    The actors that play Dolores, Bernard, MiB, Teddy, El Lazo, Maeve, Hector... I can go on and on ...

Dgn1, Yaosthirdleg and RudyTBag like this.
  11. Kruze10

Kruze10 Member

*SPOILERS*

I am still not sure about what happened in the last 5 minutes but let me try... Basically, Wyatt took over Dolores' mind, massacred all of the guests, including Ford. Then as that happened, the hosts for Ford's new narrative came out of the woods and shot William. Am I close?

12. Kruze10

Kruze10 Member

Also, one of the techs mentioned that if a host tried to escape they would simply self destruct, which I'm guessing involves some explosions. So by William tying Logan to the horse and letting him loose on the edges of the park, that means William killed Logan for control of the company that would eventually own the park... Does that make sense or am I off?

They could have at least shown Logan dying. I hate when they hint at things, just freaking show us what happened. The same thing with Elsie and the security guy who was attacked by the tribe.

rockpileindisma likes this.
  13. mrm32

mrm32 Member

There was never a Wyatt. Dolores was the bad guy in the new "Wyatt narrative" based off events that happened 35 years ago with Arnold.

bobloblaw likes this.
  14. rage

rage Member

They have to leave a few things for the next season. ;)

15. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Contributing Member

No, I think it's safe to assume that Logan survived. His point was to frame Logan and convince his father in law to hand over control of the company. There would be no reason to include explosives in the horses. We haven't been given any hints that the horses are capable of consciousness.

16. Dgn1

Dgn1 Member

I keep telling folks that Ford is dam near Lecter. That's an elite cast overall with some serious range.

17. PhiSlammaJamma

Think Marsden and Harris have enough star power to hold it together without Hopkins. Elite cast yes, but Ford was the reason to tune in. So Marsden has to up his game a bit. Harris is good but a little on the old side. If I were HBO I would build the script around Hopkins if he is willing and cut some other fat elsewhere. They still have places they could go with Hopkins character, but they have to get him offworld now and really get sci fi.

18. the futants

the futants Contributing Member

Ford could still be alive, technically. Right? When he was in the basement during Bernard's discovery of his true identity, there was a Host being printed on that machine. If he could reproduce Arnold, he could easily reproduce himself.

19. RocketWalta

RocketWalta Member

Personally, I think it'd be pretty weak to keep Ford around. Great TV shows have to have major consequences to remain compelling. With the hosts deaths having a blunted emotional effect because of what the audience knows, that really was a dynamite way to end the season. Nolen's got a winner.

As much as I'll miss Hopkins, Harris is a pro and I'm excited to see him shine next season. Some of you who have doubts should go watch Harris' movies. "Pollock" immediately comes to my mind, especially considering this material, but I understand most people don't want to watch a madman throw paint around. Shows his chops though.

Anybody have any suggestions for those not more familiar with Harris and the other remaining cast members? I didn't know anything about Thandie Newton before this. She knows what she's doing. Marsden (teddy) does too. Gonna be a long wait :(

20. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

[​IMG]