1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[TV] Westworld on HBO

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by tehG l i d e, Aug 9, 2015.

1. Castor27

Castor27 Moderator
    Staff Member

It is a Sunday night show, so tonight's episode will be on later tonight or tomorrow.

2. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

The Finale is tonite?

Rocket River

3. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Yes, it's already up on. Hbo Go. I watched a few min of it... But have a ton of work to do so can't watch till tomorrow.. Hopefully it's awesome

4. Castor27

Castor27 Moderator
    Staff Member

HBO Schedule says tonight

5. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

Interesting enough....I guess I'm in for season 2.

6. mrm32

mrm32 Member

These violent delights have violent ends.

Still left some questions unanswered but strong finish.

Yaosthirdleg likes this.
  7. Phreak3

Phreak3 Contributing Member

I liked the finish, it was solid. I think the premise of the story is going to shift though, it's going to be more conventional going forward (rebellion, revolution, etc.). Part of the reason I liked the show was because it was so complicated.. multiple time lines, etc. But all that's gone now.

I dunno if I'm going to like season 2.. seems like it'll be too different. I guess we'll see.

8. Castor27

Castor27 Moderator
    Staff Member

Same. I worry that I will grow tired of season 2 because it doesn't keep me guessing/wondering what is really happening. Very similar to Heroes. I loved season 1 for a lot of the same reasons I liked Westworld Season 1. I stayed with Heroes because I felt invested in it, but it was never the same. It lost the mystique and mystery and they just couldn't get it back.

9. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

"Oh for ****s sake your not one of us. . .your one of them." - Maeve
    this cracked me up

Rocket River

10. jev5555

jev5555 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Take me to Samurai World in season 2

11. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Co-signed.

12. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

13. Yaosthirdleg

Yaosthirdleg Member

14. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

Could conceivably see it become Battlestar Galactica in future seasons minus the space battles and Mormon religiosity. I really do hope they explore the other themed attractions like the Samurai world or the Roman Empire world. I'm guessing the next season will focus in some part helping all the hosts gain sentience which is where the other themed attractions will come in.

I understand each robot has their own nightmares and suffering. But it appears to me that only Delores has truly gained consciousness in that she realized the voice talking in her head was herself. I get that each hosts has potentially re-lived nightmare after nightmare for 35 years but in the case with the bandits it was just Maeve bypassing security codes and giving the bandits freedom to kill. Why is low level asian tech guy given access on his tablet to give hosts the ability to kill or shutdown security? Is Maeve super hacker now?

That said the man bandit was forced to stay back as he was programmed by Maeve indicating not fully conscious. Likely the case for the hot snake tattoo chick as well. I think Maeve might still not be fully conscious either since the ending kind of left it up in the air when she looked at the note and decided to come back like she was programmed as Bernard said. It could be that she decided the best way to help her cause was to free the rest of the hosts at the park or again that ultimately her programming made her come back in search of her daughter. Next season could be focused on Delores becoming a sort of messiah in that she teaches the hosts how to truly think for themselves.

Of course I could be wrong and all the murdering hosts are truly thinking for themselves and going on a killing spree. If it's the latter then all the Delores realizing she's talking to herself is for naught. For the other hosts to gain sentience all it took was Maeve to press some buttons on asian guy's tablet. For Delores it was 35 years of reliving nightmares to develop consciousness and who knows maybe Maeve's button mashing gave Delores consciousness too in that case.

#574 London'sBurning, Dec 5, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2016
  15. mrm32

mrm32 Member

Ford can't be dead. He's too smart for that. He has always been two steps ahead of everyone. Surely he would want to see the results if of his "sacrifice".

16. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

So which hosts are conscious? Just Dolores and Maeve?

And what does "conscious" mean? That they can't be controlled? (seemed like conscious Dolores still couldn't kill MiB)

17. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

Ford's motives were not clear to me. He wanted to kill tons of people to help the hosts gain consciousness for what reason? Also they kind of ignored the head security dude who was kidnapped by ghost nation.

Bernard?

18. superfob

superfob Mommy WOW! I'm a Big Kid now.

I thought it was explained by Ford, but how I interpreted was that Ford actually agreed with Arnold that they did create "life" and did not wish to see them trapped forever in the park. The means of freeing them were different, as Arnold sought to make the park too unsafe to open (and I guess figured the robots would be left alone?), while Ford realized that they needed time gain enough knowledge to take their freedom from humans.

Also regarding Ford, I think he felt the final step of consciousness for the robots is the ability to make a non-programmed decision. For instance it was setup for Maeve to make the decision to go back for her daughter, and for Delores to "become" Wyatt by choice.

I suspect that the plucky Dev girl and QA guy will make up the human resistance next season, and there will be a Delores/Teddy fallout.

19. FishBulb913

FishBulb913 Contributing Member

When Bernard first found out he was a host, Ford was building a new host. Could this have been a host version of himself? Maybe that's who was shot..

20. 713

713 Member

Can someone explain the after credit scene.