1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[TV] Westworld on HBO

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by tehG l i d e, Aug 9, 2015.

1. MoonBus

MoonBus Contributing Member

If this is true then Wood did the wrong thing in spoiling it.

This will also kind of help to explain why William (MIB) became cold toward Dolores, he found out what the Host inside Dolores did in previous life as Wyatt. He realized that no matter what the hosts appear to be, they are just programs that can be changed and be a completely different person.

2. MoonBus

MoonBus Contributing Member

I've heard many predict Ford as a host/bot, but not your variation. If this is the case, why would he say so many "negative" things about Arnold and also why would he build another one of himself in Bernard?

3. Kruze10

Kruze10 Member

I like this theory.

4. PhiSlammaJamma

I think Arnold has already found some terrible secret to the universe and Ford is going to try to stop him from wielding it.

Don't forsee them becoming one as for a good story one of them has to be the hero. The irony will be that Ford is the good guy and Arnold was bad.

5. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Not sure about good/bad, but I think Ford will end up being "right." He will be less malicious than he currently appears and I think Arnold will turn out to have been an idealist that put people in danger because of his fantasy.

I think we are seeing the Arnold/Ford partnership played out in the lab techs who are helping Maeve. Maeve is their Dolores. The Asian dude in this scenario is the metaphor for Arnold. Obsessed with creating life, seeing them as alive instead of machines and almost got his partner killed.

6. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

No tangible rationale behind the guess (and it is just a wild guess) as this show has so many twists and turns it is all mostly speculation.

There is a lot of "belief suspension" required in this show that forces us to overlook a lot of impossible realities. Like the nearly impossible task of re-building the daily carnage that ensues. How many times has that safe gone over the balcony? Someone has to repair that railing and floor...and pay for it.

7. Dgn1

Dgn1 Member

Not so fast, Jeffrey Wright and Thandie Newton holding their own. Hopkins character seems basically the same as his Lecter one. Newton and Wright are putting in some elite work right along with Hop.

Richie_Rich likes this.
  8. mrm32

mrm32 Member

I'd put them under supporting roles.

9. Dgn1

Dgn1 Member

I think it's fluid.

10. Outlier

Outlier Member

Why is this a 28 page thread? How good is this show?

11. mrm32

mrm32 Member

Very good.

Yaosthirdleg likes this.
  12. rage

rage Member

I believe there are about a thousand guests in the park and they pay $40k a day. Cost is the not the problem. Repairing a wooden railing and floor in a saloon is easy. Restoring dozens and dozens of hosts each night should not be a big deal either. The park's facility is a huge structure that has 14 floors, I guess they could have hundreds of employees if not thousands.
    From time to time you do get a a hint that restoring the destruction does take time. They had to rush Maeve back before they could take out a bullet in her abdomen. Sometimes they asked if they should "slow down" a guest who goes on a rampage. There is nothing that says all repairs have to be done over night either. I guess if a guest blows up a whole house, they can leave that for many days , that may even be better because it mimics real life.

13. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

Agreed. I didn't mean that as a criticism. Just that in any show there has to be some level of suspension of belief. That's not a bad thing.

Yaosthirdleg likes this.
  14. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

this show has made me question my own reality.

15. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

they've built up the maze as this profound existential vision quest

assuming it is revealed in the final episode, don't see how it can live up to the hype

16. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

Indeed. The parallels between the hosts' experience and C-PTSD/disassociation/emotional flashback/repressed memories really transcends entertainment.

That and Anthony Hopkins is a marvel of course.

I'm so pumped for these 90 minutes!

Yaosthirdleg and Richie_Rich like this.
  17. likestohypeguy

When is it up on HBO-NOW (not "go")?

Still not seeing it there.

18. mrm32

mrm32 Member

Are none of the last 9 episodes on there? They're usually up at 8pm on Go. If now is more of an on demand service then I would think they probably go up a day after the original air date?

19. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

You are the biggest debbie downer I have ever seen. Can't imagine christmas time with you there. "It'll be over tomorrow and all we'll have to look forward to is a year from now :("

20. likestohypeguy

All but last night's.

Yeah will probably be up tonight. This is the first time all season I've been interested enough to want to watch it ASAP.