1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[TV Disney+] Star Wars: The Mandalorian

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Deuce, Oct 6, 2018.

1. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Agree on both points, breh had to act fast and knew what was about to happen.

2. Juxtaposed Jolt

Hmm, I'd have to rewatch the episode again. But you might be right!

A bit strange how Toro killed Fennec, too. Like why couldn't you just have incapacitated her, thrown her on the back of your bike and then make your way back to baby Yoda? If you end up killing the Mandalorian, you'll be able to get the bounty for Fennec since she'd still be alive.

Just strange plot choices by all parties, imo. But oh well. The show is still great lol

3. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I am liking the Mando series
    I am loving rewatching all the Gargoyle series.

Rocket River

4. K mf G

K mf G Contributing Member

Worst part of the series was the spaceship dog fight. It looked really bad, and yes LBY is starting to run it's course something dramatic needs to happen.

Jontro likes this.
  5. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I'm liking it for the same reason. No offense to anyone, I grew up not being impressed with SW because of the lame acting, in-your-face-metaphors, and derivative plots. Ironic it took the last few movies for me to appreciate the Lucas touch...

This show isn't Lucas level cheese and it keeps that Wild West/Akira Kurosawa feeling pretty well. It's not GoT or Sopranos and it doesn't have to be.

It's like they just kept everything the first two movies described, and bottled it up. I'm fine with that, esp if it's the 1st season for a friggin tv show

GRENDEL, Deuce and K mf G like this.
  6. marky :)

marky :) Member

Did they explain why the other bounty hunter smashed the tracker in Episode 5 instead of giving it to Mando? Maybe the tracker was actually for Baby Yoda instead?

7. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

only 2 episodes left? main story line hasn't really gone anywhere.

whiskeyred, daywalker02 and Jontro like this.
  8. Big Uns

Big Uns Member

Its pretty poorly written and acted. Very network The CW type stuff.

whiskeyred likes this.
  9. PhiSlammaJamma

I thought the acting was a little better this week with the bearded fat guy, but then the hell boy wanna be character brought it back down. Yoda starting the car scene was hilarious. Well played there. This episode had a few more twists and turns, but if they ask him about taking that helmet off one more time. Geez. We get it already. They tried to Margo Robbie the girlfriend situation which was second fiddle to Margo, and it’s hard to believe he would hit that, but the two blue characters were at least a creative attempt. Better overall plot this week. But yoda stealing every scene.

10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Oh wait, what car scene? Ah, that one.

11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Then you never watched what is really on CW.

This could be better though, but I somehow pictured the life of a Mando isn't the life of a Jedi Knight......

And of course Carano needs to be more in this than just a side show.

What I liked most about it is, it ain't Yoda, it is the tribal soundtrack, a sound one.

#251 daywalker02, Dec 14, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2019
    GRENDEL likes this.
  12. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

Clancy Brown doesn't have bad acting performances. This take is wrong.

13. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

The guy directly explained it after smashing the tracker, it's because he had the location in his head and didn't want Mando to just backstab him and take the target+bounty himself.

He didn't know about Baby Yoda or Mando's history at this point, he only met Baby Yoda when they took off with the speeders. The target was the one that told him about all that later before he decided to kill her.

Jontro likes this.
  14. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Btw holy hell the crew was cheesy in this episode, felt like some wannabe marvel b-movie.

fattz and Jontro like this.
  15. Jontro

Jontro Member

haven't watched it, not too excited about the series anymore. this 30 mins deal isn't working for me.

is there a possibility that disney will rethink the structure of this series and make it an hour for s2?

16. Severe Rockets Fan

Severe Rockets Fan Takin it one stage at a time...

Agreed, but I thought it was cool that Clancy Brown and the Wildling woman from GoT was in it. But yeah. Pretty much what y’all are saying...the short episodes all but make sure the story is as shallow as possible bc of the time constraints. It seems like a hokie Star Wars movie that’s going nowhere...he’s just traveling around with LBY doing jobs.

Yung-T likes this.
  17. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

We can only hope, but the series somehow has a comical 90+% rating on rottentomatoes, Disney knows how to satisfy the mainstream with Baby Yoda and some cheap retro throw-ins.

Jontro likes this.
  18. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Truly a pointless series. Not interesting in the slightest and nothing dramatic at all.

Disney has truly killed Star Wars

arkoe and whiskeyred like this.
  19. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Why does everything have to be DRAMATIC, Long structured? Why can't it just be a "Western" like it was promoted to be?
    It can be just FUN....to watch the interaction between Mando and Baby Yoda?

I'm sure there is more to Baby Yoda than has been show.....but I can enjoy for what it is, a Space Western.

20. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Why? they barely put anything in this show to begin with. I hope they keep it at 30 minutes.