1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Texas Cop Who Fatally Shot Man After Entering Wrong Apartment Identified

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Rocket River, Sep 9, 2018.

1. edwardc

edwardc Member

The constant and repeated abuse by some cops.

2. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

Even if her account of what happened is 100% accurate, she is 100% guilty of manslaughter. No doubt about it. I would need to see some motive before i would bring murder charges, however.

3. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

Her actions constitute manslaughter. It was reckless for her to see someone in (her) apartment and not immediately check her surroundings and/or door number to make sure that it was, in fact, her apartment. It was reckless for her not to call for backup when she assumed that an intruder was in her apartment. This is not a case of someone breaking in while she is peacefully at home. She assumed unnecessary risk in the situation by initiating the confrontation. There may have not been any premeditation or intent to commit murder, but her actions were unreasonable given the circumstances. She is rightfully indicted for manslaughter and I think those charges will stick unless some type of motive is established for murder.

AroundTheWorld and Granville like this.
  4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

When I put myself in her shoes, and in the same mindset that she claims to have had, I find it hard to believe that I'd have acted much differently. I probably wouldn't have pulled the trigger given that I likely wouldn't have been as afraid as she most likely was, but if I was armed, I'd have drawn down on what I thought was an intruder. Perhaps, and even most likely the fact that I wouldn't have been as quick to pull the trigger would have led to the misunderstanding being fixed but if I believed her story, I'd have a hard time convicting her by saying her actions were reckless.

That said, an innocent man is dead due to her actions, so if she does get convicted of manslaughter, or even murder, I won't have any sympathy for her. When you choose to walk around armed, you are taking on one hell of a responsibility and if you aren't capable of handling that responsibility, you end up in jail. It's part of the reason why I don't carry in public, I don't want the responsibility and for the most part, I'm not a good target to begin with.

Jayzers_100 likes this.
  5. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I do not understand the banner ad I have on this page. Good Pictures Bad Pictures, Large Booty Black Women, Cream in her Crop, and Sweet Erotica #11. And no, it's not my search history doing it.

Nook and Bobbythegreat like this.
  6. Granville

Granville Member

Yeah, sure. Whatever you say.....;)

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  7. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

I've mentioned this privately, but I think it adds to the forum by saying that I believe cops have a duty to call for backup or notify someone of a possible ongoing crime before they take action. Her proceeding without first monitoring the situation would constitute recklessness in my eyes. However, I will do some research on case law in Texas and report back later

8. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

It's just that time moves so fast in those situations, If I was going to defend her, I'd want to show footage from cops being shot by seemingly unarmed people that they stop. Things can go from okay to disastrous just quicker than you'd ever believe and a sign that things are about to go bad is when a person you are attempting to detain stops following commands. You could show dozens of examples of normal stops turning into a dead cop that way.

To me, the whole things hinges on if I believe her story about the door being open. If it wasn't open, she's breaking the law by entering the guy's place which negates any self defense argument thus making it murder.

9. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Got the exact same ad tiles and in the exact same order left to right so it's definitely thread related. Now if you excuse me I have some shopping to do.

10. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

I've read that law enforcement has obtained the electronic door locks from both her and Jean's apartment. They require special key fobs that store data. It will show if she used the key on her apartment first AS WELL if she used the key on his door at all. These results should be compelling either way.

Bobbythegreat likes this.
  11. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

I cannot begin to imagine the uproar if it turns out she unlocked her door BEFORE going upstairs. it would turn from a decent manslaughter case to an airtight capital murder instantly. These door locks turn either green or red when you enter your key (identical to a hotel lock). Therefore, if she so much as attempted to unlock his door and it turned red, that's another damning piece of evidence. Now, my hunch is that it was indeed unlocked. I don't buy the "ajar" story because these are slam-shut heavy doors. You'd have to meticulously leave the door cracked for it to be ajar.

Bobbythegreat likes this.
  12. JuanValdez

Now that I've typed in the titles, everyone should get it. :)

ipaman likes this.
  13. CCorn

CCorn Member

I’m glad my wife has decorated the walls with everything she saw at At Home so I never walk into someone else’s house assuming it’s my own

Nook likes this.
  14. biina

biina Member

Yeah right;)

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  15. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

16. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Consistent in their cover up

Rocket River

17. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

18. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

If you black and killed
    They investigate you more than your killer

Rocket River

amaru likes this.
  19. JuanValdez

That sounds appropriate to me. Too bad they let slip the results of the Bonham search warrant. That may have been dirty, but I don't think more disclosure is the cure.

20. Rocket River

Rocket River Member