1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: DeAndre Jordan eyeing Rockets - will come at discount if Clint Leaves

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Dec 20, 2017.

1. cheke64

cheke64 Member

HArden makes Clint look like a star which he is not. Imagine how DJ would look next to HArden

malakas, s3ts, Cstyle42 and 2 others like this.
  2. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

I like Clint in the short term and in the long term, but I especially like him in the long term. Since I first saw him play I knew he was special and he's improved by leaps and bounds every season. He's six years younger than Jordan and we have no idea what his ceiling is. I don't think it's totally sacrilegious to say he could be an Olajuwon in the making. I sure don't want to play against Capela in three years.

I could see doing this if it's the only way to get LeBron. If resigning Paul and signing LeBron means we can't afford Capela but we can afford DeAndre at a discount, I will loosen the iron grip I have on the idea of Capela retiring a Rocket. Otherwise I want to ride with this amazing young center whose greatest ability seems to be to improve his game in every way. Was he perfect at the line tonight or did he miss one? Last year he had to sit if the other team decided to hack. Can't hack him anymore. That's not all John Lucas, though he deserves a lot of credit I'm sure. Capela seems like he could contend for most improved player repeatedly to me. He seems to get exponentially better. And we all know he's not at the top of his game yet.

Maybe there's some way we can afford to pay the best player in basketball (LBJ), the MVP (Harden), the Most Improved Player (Capela), the Point God (Paul), AND DeAndre Jordan, that wouldn't suck.

We have two of the league's best PG's. Why not two of the league's best centers? Plus its best forward?

I'm imagining we may have to let Nene or Black go in this scenario.

3. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

Capela plays way better with Harden there is just no was around that.

He’s been the best pick and roll player since coming to houston.

I see what harden does with Clint and old man nene and wonder what the hell would happen if he was running that pick and roll with Anthony Davis?!???

Harden made Asik look like a top 10 center. Now he can’t even get off the bench for a mediocre team.

That’s what’s so disappointing about the Dwight era. If he would Have run pick and roll 100% of the time he would have avg 25 ppg and been seen as the best center in the league.

He’s a damn fool.

I’m of the belief that the Jordan addition is a negative if your losing Clint and Ryno. Do I think Jordan in a clean swap just for Capela would help out this year? Yes but that’s not a realistic scenario so why discuss it.

Unless getting Jordan gets us a guarantee that Lebron is coming this summer, I can’t see a reason to make the trade.

just keep the team as Is see how far they can go and then Morey has to go to work and figure out to get Lebron or Paul George.

This guys are watching they will give houston a serious look if we can do what we need to do and that’s really push Golden state.

mikol13 and bilaal14 like this.
  4. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

All world.

Clint for DJ is same as Clint and Ryno for DJ. Hardly any diff.

5. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Ding dong!

6. OTMax

OTMax Member

Would Capela take a discount to come off the bench for a contender? :) Having a rotation of Capela and DJ would be insane!!

Chanmarr likes this.
  7. Vivi

Vivi Member

[​IMG] [​IMG]

8. the shark

the shark Member

Listen, I like Capela, and I have no doubt that he will continue to get better. That said, "I don't think it's totally sacrilegious to say he could be an Olajuwon in the making"? There is NO way in hell that is going to happen!!!

Thanks for the laugh to start the day.

9. malakas

malakas Member

agree.
    ok fine bigs develop slower however...natural touch, bball iq..If he had that potential he would have shown flashes long ago.

the shark likes this.
  10. amaru

amaru Member

I'm beginning to think that Jordan might be a better overall player than Clint will ever be. Clint has improved but he still seems to be making some of the same young player mistakes.

Beardaholic13 likes this.
  11. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

I hear you Batman. But some games he’s a total non factor and it’s very frustrating. Some games teams just have a layup drill every possession. I don’t think teams fear his presence in the middle of the paint. Also he gets gassed easily. Capela is something special no doubt but the crossroad is we are trying to win it all now or next year can capela get the job done for us? And imo he’s just too inconsistent at this point for me to say absolutely he could.

12. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

It's happening

joshuaao, Rudyc281 and J Sizzle like this.
  13. mkahanek

mkahanek Member

Does durability factor into this? While Clint has not had any major injuries he has had a few small ones. DJ is like Harden in that he seems to be a machine.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  14. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Cp3 made DJ look like a star which he is not.

He has not been good this year. His defense is reputation only now. He has not been a difference maker.

Sure harden makes capela look good but that’s because capela and harden play to his strengths together. Same could be said for DJ but at a greater risk when considerring age and contract status going forward.

Capela is Much much better offensively and DJ has regressed defensively although still a better defender than capela.

Growth over the next 2-4 Years >>>> a slight increase 1-2 Years

Dj doesn’t put us over the top against gsw. DJ historically sucks against gsw. Not only that he ruins any small flexibility we have this summer to chase lebron.

Won’t happen

Batman Jones and DonKnock like this.
  15. Swiss Roll

Swiss Roll Member

Clint doesn't suck tho, he's still top 5 in WS/48 at .248. He's one of the few Cs I trust when switching onto a wing or even some guards on the perimeter. He was one of the big reasons we were top 5 in defense before CP and Harden went down. Remember how shitty the offense got when clint missed a few games and our most efficient play (lobs) got taken away? Teams simply closed out on all our shooters and didn't respect Tarik or Nene since neither had the hops nor the finishing ability of Clint, and yes, he is one of the better big man finishers in the NBA.

Does he need Harden to generate much of his offense? Of course. But the team as a whole is a walking first round exit without James, so I can live with that.

16. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

Capela is literally the perfect center for this offense, and close to the perfect center for today's NBA (if he could shoot he would be). And he's still getting better.

DeAndre feels to me like Dwight all over again - I think he would be more of a team player than Dwight but the fit doesn't feel right.

Batman Jones likes this.
  17. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

But that’s the thing we ain’t waiting 2-4 years we going for it now.

18. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

All facts. But IMO he just ain’t ready for what we are trying to accomplish right now that is my only reason for thought. Now am I saying DJ puts us over the top of course not but DJ at a discount> Clint not being ready just yet and payday coming up. Might be time to start thinking to sell high on Clint. Possibly could be typical morey move.

Why not? likes this.
  19. cyberx

cyberx Member

The main thing here is DURABILITY IMO. Rockets are tired of being injured in the playoffs. They know CP3 is hurt here and there with nagging injuries. Rockets also are worried that this Harden injury can nag throughout the year. Which, historically, these type of injuries are.

Rockets love Clint - but they know that Jordan would be more durable and able to take a beating night in and night out.

20. cyberx

cyberx Member

You have in his prime Harden now, you have CP3 now, you go to win NOW. If you bank on potential year after year, you will not win it.