1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: DeAndre Jordan eyeing Rockets - will come at discount if Clint Leaves

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Dec 20, 2017.

1. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

welcome home DeAndre

Rudyc281 likes this.
  2. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Cyberex speaks!

DonKnock and Rudyc281 like this.
  3. cyberx

cyberx Member

Source told me: "When DeAndre went and committed to Dallas - afterwards he felt like a traitor - he is HOUSTON from top to bottom - he couldn't put on the Mavs uni - it just didn't feel right"

Yung-T, Phillyrocket, TMac'n and 25 others like this.
  4. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Dallas disgusts everyone. Except y'alls boy Chandler.

J Sizzle, cheke64 and DonKnock like this.
  5. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

Enough said, I bet Toyota Center won't be quiet anymore

Rudyc281 and BigShasta like this.
  6. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

That’s the absolute wrong thing. We are going for it now and we “have a 5 year window with this core”. That’s what management has said. So yes 2-4 is more important than 1-2 especially when it’s hardly an upgrade at all if any.

Do people not read?

We will NOT ruin flexibility if there is even a minuscule shot of lebron coming. Getting DJ ruins that dream. His salary and cap hit are too much.

With capela we have bird rights at an extreme low amount and are able to go over the cap to resign him AFTER we make a move.

With DJ he either opts in to his huge contract or he opts out and has a 30m cap hold. We can’t do shiit with that.

DJ sucks against GSW. Look it up.

If you pay attention you will notice what morey is doing. He plans on resigning cp3 to max or at near max. He has harden maxed. He will match any offer for capela which is probably close to max. He KNOWS we will be heading into luxury tax and repeater tax the next 3-5 seasons.

That’s why we are 2.5m under the luxury now and I see absolutely no way we go over it this year. It’s stupid to do so.

Morey is gonna delay luxury tax 1 year and that means his last chance at a big move is this offseason.

If lebron agrees to a opt in and trade morey will give him the max.

Morey will have 4 max players and resign everyone he can with bird rights and bank on the next 3-5 years.

Year 1 luxury tax is not that bad overall. Year 2 is Worse. Year 3 is significantly worse.

So he is delaying the inevitable. Whether we get DJ, Lebron or nobody we will be heading for the luxury.

DJ isn’t the move that gets us to the rare atmosphere of GSWs talent level.

Lebron absolutely.
    PG13 possibly and worth it.

Swapping Capela for DJ? Doesn’t get us there... But Capelas growth Maaaybe can but I doubt it.

It’s. just. not. worth. it.

#526 BigMaloe, Jan 19, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2018
  7. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

I imagine for this to happen, and this has obviously been mentioned before, that some sort of three-way trade would have to occur. The Clips are in no mood to accommodate us.

I like Clint and if we have to roll with him, great. But he has a certain minutes restriction and is going to ask for beaucoup bucks. Morey doesn't pay beaucoup bucks unless you are a star. Then he'll give you the keys to Brinks.

I think he's been after DJ for awhile now. A big who knows his role. And who says, "Hometown discount."

Rudyc281 and cdxiong like this.
  8. malakas

malakas Member

The Clippers are now in the playoffs and likely to make it. How likely is it that they trade him by this trade deadline? I don't think he will get traded for the time being.

9. HTM

HTM Member

Interesting blending of the Rockets/Clippers rosters of the last few seasons ha.

fryjol7 likes this.
  10. Swiss Roll

Swiss Roll Member

Until Lou Will hits a wall and starts bricking everything and they lose 5 in a row.

11. Nook

Nook Member

Honestly, they were never likely to trade him. The real question is whether he exercises his option for next year or becomes a free agent. The most likely scenario all along for the Rockets was Jordan opting out of his deal and then signing with the Rockets for a discounted amount.

The Clippers are likely to make the playoffs, but we really don't know what the GM's vision of the team is at this point.

Deuce, DonKnock, BigMaloe and 2 others like this.
  12. HTM

HTM Member

That's a thought but maybe things are so bad inside the locker room that the Clippers will let DJ leave... seems pretty obvious he is trying hard to get out at this point... at some point the headache of dealing with a player who doesn't want to be there can force a teams hand.

malakas likes this.
  13. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

I don't get Dwight Vibes from DJ. He has a love for Houston that can only be matched by Gerald Green.

He would fit right in.

Harden makes Capela look really good, so just imagine what would happen with DJ who is even more athletic.

joshuaao likes this.
  14. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

. Can we at least wait until they lose one game together?

DonKnock and BigMaloe like this.
  15. malakas

malakas Member

Looks like the only way he opts out is if there's a "deal" with the Rockets.
    In the recent Lowe- Simmons podcast they discussed how only 5 teams have a sizable capspace and that Jordan is most likely to opt in.

So by the time he has to make his decision for his player option, for me that would be a clear cut indication if he's coming here.

16. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

You guys need to trust codman. Dwight is coming home, not deandre

[​IMG]

Pen15clubber likes this.
  17. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Exactly what I been saying

18. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

Are you implying that dwight is returning?

[​IMG]

19. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

He has a lot of great qualities but he can't develop the amazing footwork necessary that Olajuwon had.

20. J.R.

J.R. Member

Undefeated?! Gee, i heard we are in win now mode & if we want to WIN NOW, we have to go get Jordan; Capela [apparently] will not suffice! How are they winning/undefeated with Capela[/James/Chris]?! :eek::D:rolleyes:

TheRealAllpro and BigMaloe like this.