1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: DeAndre Jordan eyeing Rockets - will come at discount if Clint Leaves

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Dec 20, 2017.

1. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

I think it is pretty obvious Dwight would never come back to Houston.

2. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

How does DJ do in regards to defending guys on the perimeter.

I think its important we have a center who can defend guards like Capela can.

3. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Jordan has played more than 36 minutes 9 times out of his 41 games played. That's more than Capela obviously (0 times) but that isn't "consistently."

Jordan's blocks have dropped, turnovers are up, fouls committed are up, defensive +/- is worse, etc.

He doesn't play those kind of minutes against Golden State for sure because he is so bad they have to take him off the court. I think he's managed to play 30 minutes against Golden State just once in the last two years.

mikol13 and BigMaloe like this.
  4. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Codman's quote was actually,

"Dwight will never be in Houston again."

Which I take to mean "play", but who didn't know that? He'll be here as player for another team, maybe.

5. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

This might not be rational at all...but I just do not want to watch us get intentionally hacked and watch Jordan brick free throws like the Dwight era. It is so nice not having to go through that with Clint.

justtxyank likes this.
  6. Nook

Nook Member

I agree with you.

Also making the whole situation sticky is that the Rockets would then likely try to move Capela as a sweetner in a deal for someone to take Anderson.

The Rockets then can use the Bird Rights for Ariza, and work out some sort of deal with Paul after it is clear that LeBron intends to come to Houston. Tucker and Gordon would likely be moved as well.

The fact that Harden and Paul speak regularly to LeBron James and DeAndre Jordan helps the situation. Still it would take a lot of dominoes to fall right, but it is something Morey could pull off if the Rockets get commitments.

Reeko, Deuce, malakas and 1 other person like this.
  7. Nook

Nook Member

Capela will be a Rocket the rest of this season I would strongly suspect. Still, if the Rockets are going to get a commitment from a player like LeBron James, and it requires moving Capela and getting Jordan; you do it.

I am perfectly fine with Paul/Harden/LeBron on the floor together.

8. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

So, the only way I could see it working is if you traded Anderson + Capella for Jordan, while finding a stop gap PF somewhere that is an expiring, or maybe you run Ariza/ Moute at the 3/4.

You then have to convince Paul AND Jordan to take one year 8m or so dollar contracts, which leaves you 30m or so for Lebron, then hope you can resign Ariza, Green and Moute on the cheap with Vet exceptions.

Paul / Gordon
    Harden / Gordon
    Ariza / Green
    Lebron / Moute
    Jordan / Nene / Qi

Wishful thinking, but beast of a team.

s3ts, joshuaao and Rudyc281 like this.
  9. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ydx7lb7c

Works for all sides.

LA gets:
    Kemba Walker
    Marvin Williams

Houston gets:
    DeAndre Jordan

Charlotte gets:
    Ryan Anderson
    Clint Capela
    Lou WIlliams (expiring contract)
    Sam Dekker

10. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

[​IMG]

11. justtxyank

[​IMG]

Trade for him now! Give him $100 million a year for all I care.

I'm only kidding I still don't think it's a good move

BigMaloe and mikol13 like this.
  12. Vivi

Vivi Member

I don't even know why there's so much debate about Capela vs DeAndre, in the end they're very similar, you take Capela if you want a younger player with still some room to get better (especially on offense), or you take DeAndre if you want a bit more presence in the paint (on defense) and on the boards, but overall they're just not that different. DeAndre is certainly not what would make us a better team by himself. Personally, i would never trade Capela for DeAndre considering their age, but if it's required to get Lebron or George well, i'd do that in a second.

BigMaloe, YaoMing#1, mikol13 and 2 others like this.
  13. justtxyank

Sure, if trading for Jordan guarantees you get Lebron, of course you do it. I doubt that is in play though. Trading for Jordan significantly complicates getting Lebron unless you have a commitment from all three of them to play for less than $20 million. That isn't realistic.

By far and a way the easiest way to get Lebron is to keep Capela.

I'm perfectly fine with trying because it's obviously a ton of talent, but I'm not convinced that they could all play together. I think you'd almost have to make one of them a bench player or at least stagger minutes in such a way that they barely play together at the same time.

BigMaloe likes this.
  14. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

Wow, can only imagine what seeing Gerald’s arrival in Houston has made DeAndre feel like. The joy Jean had of being home a and the immediate love by the fans from being the hometown guy.

BigMaloe, Reeko, s3ts and 1 other person like this.
  15. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

#ReliefGang

Pen15clubber and DonKnock like this.
  16. treyk3

treyk3 Member

I really like DeAndre on this team but I really really like Capela and hope they don't move him. I think DJ is better right now but it's not the difference between us and the Warriors at this point. The move makes us better, but in my view, not enough unless Morey sees this as a necessary move to rid us of Anderson's contract. At this point I like the team as is when healthy and I'd rather just keep it intact with maybe a few cheap pickups to fill in at the 4/5 in case of injuries.

17. HOUSTON2017

HOUSTON2017 Member

Guys i have a question for the experts.. Can Deandre Jordan agree to terminate the player option for next year (Making him a UFA for next year (that would be waiving 24 million off his contract, but assure a team will sign him to a longer term contract? Is that how it works?

18. Spoolxx

Spoolxx Member

Clint is shooting 1% higher than Jordan this season from the line.

19. varughese.arun

DeAndre Jordan is the Epitome of a poor investment. Capella improves each year. Capella isn't leaving houston. Facts

20. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

I like to spell it with 4 Ls. Capelllla!

JoeBarelyCares likes this.