1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[SHAMS] Rockets waive Gary Clark

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mikol13, Jan 7, 2020.

1. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

we could have actually used this guy tonite

our smallball group could not secure a defensive rebound and i'm not even sure if tucker scored 1pt

2. cerophilik

cerophilik Member

I would have seriously kept Clark over house. House just play good for a moment then he vanished. Then this season he has been terrible. At least Clark defended better or didn’t try to do more than he knows he can do.

ak99999 likes this.
  3. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

PJ is slumping .

Hopefully he gets a second wind.

MDA gonna burn us down this year. Morey gonna get forced out/ DGAF anymore

MDA is pissed we didnt extend him ... hes trying to kill harden by playing him more minutes than ever. PJ is playing huge mins this year and is up for contract soon , im sure other teams view that positively :) ( this is sarcasm btw ... other teams appropriately view it as tread on the tires) . For some reason we are being responsible with resting WB ? maybe his injuries are worse than we thought and CP3 will actually be healthier ( that would be a pretty big shocker ) ( tho CP3 does have more skill so his game might age better regardless )

Clark would be OK at this point. We've got problems bigger than he can fix and need a roster spot to make a real move. Im more upset about us actively thwarting Hartensteins development in favor of playing Clint through an injury.

pippendagimp likes this.
  4. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

5. xaos

xaos Member

The first step to blowing it all up

6. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

tucker should be the one sitting out b2b's

the front office & coaching staff are fuking braindead, it's utterly insane to run tucker/harden into the ground in a road loss time and time again, just to rest westbrick 6-7 months after his surgeries, just to save a couple million on lux tax, just to save a few hundred thousand on a competent coaching staff, etc etc etc

brainless incompetence

7. smp

smp Member

All that dead weight on the bench and Gary Clark gets cut? He was at least healthy. Makes no sense.

I don’t understand the plan. Surely there’s some other moves on the way.

GotGame15 and BaselineFade like this.
  8. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

cash & 2nd round picks attached to nene/green

BaselineFade and smp like this.
  9. Vivi

Vivi Member

This also made no sense just for this, even if you think Clark wasn't really that good, you still had a fresh/young body to play in the spot we are shorter/weaker, instead just got benched forever and cut because of saving some money and well, he wasn't going to play anyway right? Just roll out 34 years old PJ for 40 minutes per game and expect him to be 100% for all the season and the playoff, lol.

10. topfive

topfive CF OG

Hoping he does well with the Magic. Seems like a good guy.

D-rock likes this.
  11. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

As a Gary stan, I hope he sucks.

J Sizzle likes this.
  12. elmotsang

elmotsang Member

If you want to rest westbrooks, you should have enough rotation, who waive Gary clark should sign a new players replacing him immediately ? Please sign Faried if he wants to join again

13. J.R.

J.R. Member

Overrated 'round here but who the hell cares if he was still here? "I wish we still had Clark." Why, so he could sit on the bench? Mike isn't going to play him! Mike isn't going to play Hartenstein. Get it through damn heads!

I'm just looking for the Feigen/MacMahon tweets where they say they'll fill the roster spot. Oh buyouts? So you mean like a month from now at the earliest (but probably really not at all)? :D:rolleyes:

snowconeman22 and treyk3 like this.
  14. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

15. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

16. Vivi

Vivi Member

Basically the Rockets cut Clark to let Orlando sign him in order to have more depth at the 4 spot since they'll trade Gordon to us? @D-rock it's happening :eek::D

D-rock likes this.
  17. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

18. J.R.

J.R. Member

Gary Clark?

MDA: I think Gary can play. A lot of factors go into it. Not just whether he can play or not. Gary was great. Very professional. Good guy & has talent. One of the main forces of letting him go was that it opens up the possibility of making it easier for Daryl's team to impact a trade. I don't get into that. I don't know. That's probably the thinking behind it. Whether it happens or not, who knows. I'm not looking for that. Daryl & them have their way they think is best. We hate to lose Gary. He was good for us. Who knows, might get him back. He's on a 10-day with Orlando if I'm not mistaken. We'd be open to getting him back here. We'll see how it goes & wish him luck in the meantime. He could be a very good basketball player.

D-rock likes this.
  19. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Lol MDA is a snake

Doesn’t play a player at all , but begs for him back as soon as he’s cut .

kjayp likes this.
  20. yixiixiy

yixiixiy Member

Toni’s cheatsheet:
    if name(player) in (‘PJ Tucker’, ‘James Harden’, ‘Clint Capela’ , ‘R. Westbrook’)
    minutes(player) = 40
    else if can_he_play(player) = true & salary(player) not minimum
    minutes(player) = randombetween(10, 30)
    else if can_he_play(player) = true & salary(player) = minimum
    minutes(player) = 5
    else — cannot play
    minutes(player) <= 2
    end

exception_set = {BMac}

TimDuncanDonaut likes this.