1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sacha Baron Cohen's "Who Is America?"

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by donkeypunch, Jul 8, 2018.

1. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Roy Moore when Pedophilia comes up...
    [​IMG]

2. asianballa23

asianballa23 Member

i like the way you stereotype son

3. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Just caught up on the last 2 episodes and lmao. I think what disappointed me in the first episode was the fact that 75% of the show was already on social media.

p***y panties and the quincenera. Holy ****. Mad scientist this sbc.

GRENDEL likes this.
  4. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

That quince troll bit has Nathan For You written all over it. Not surprising he's a writer or producer or something.

GRENDEL likes this.
  5. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

You can see Roy Moore visibiliy flush from pink to red. That was too funny.

6. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

B-Bob likes this.
  7. Svpernaut

Svpernaut Contributing Member

This wasn't funny. Some of the gotcha's he had so far are great, but most of the show is unwatchable.

8. CCorn

CCorn Member

This last episode wasn’t very good. The Finnish character was just annoying.

9. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Unwatchable huh?

:rolleyes:

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  10. Svpernaut

And the Joe Shapiro "gotcha" wasn't really a gotcha, although plenty of people will say it was. I hate Joe, but it was clear that SBC tricked him into thinking that it the entire hand job/blow job comments were something lost in translation, because SBC made it clear that he thought hand job meant a real job.

Again, this show just seems way too forced compared to his previous characters. He clearly set out with an agenda, and was going to fill that agenda at all costs, rather than just seeing how it played out - which is what he did with his other characters.

11. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

He don't care. :cool:

jcf likes this.
  12. Buck Turgidson

*Arpaio*

13. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

This guy is a big fan of SBC . . . ..
    Interesting because I wanted to know more about his fans.

Rocket River

14. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Arpaio wasn't tricked. He was just going along with something that he had no clue with what was going on in the first place. SBC is exposing this mentality.
    Compared to David Pyne who refused to play along with his character.

Unfortunately bigotry from the likes of Maxine Waters is acceptable, so SBC trolling them just wouldn't be that funny, just as if the stuff said so far was aired 50 years ago, it wouldn't be that funny either.

15. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

So now we are labeling not liking public officials as bigotry.

16. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

That one was one where the people didn't really do anything that would have been ridiculous. Neither of these two guys embarrassed himself like the NRA dude or the Georgia politician did. The only ridiculous bits in this one were from SBC himself. I still found that mildly funny.

17. Svpernaut

People are simply more understanding and polite than others, so they'll be more patient. That's it. Sure, he gets some of the people, like the Georgia Legislature dude who took his pants down and dropped racial slurs, but for the most part people are being duped. They are approached by a professional production team, and their expenses are covered for things like travel, so of course they'll expect it to be a legitimate interview. This doesn't show that people are all too eager to "fall in line" with anyone.

SBC isn't the genius he is being made out to be. He has a huge budget, and is playing on people's generally accepting demeanor in not wanting to be assholes. Just look at Sheriff Joe talking to the toys, he's trying to engage with what he thinks the character's show is. The interview with Sheriff Joe made me empathize with him more than it did revile him, which is a tough thing to do - as he is a terrible person.

Let's be honest, the people labeling this guy a genius are doing so, because they loathe the people he's making fools of, not because of what he is actually doing. I don't like the people he is duping, but he is doing it in a disingenuous way. This wasn't a big deal with his previous shows, because they were all supposed to be lighthearted and funny, but this show has a clear political agenda and isn't the same thing in the slightest.

I don't care about anyone he's duped, so I don't have a horse in the race. Just giving unbiased feedback.

18. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

I take it nobody watches this show to laugh like me? Instead you'd rather examine each subject to determine whether they were duped or treated fairly?

The Quinceañera scene was easily my favorite and best moment of this show for me.

Sunday's episode was probably the weakest. Not a fan of his Finnish character thus far.

AroundTheWorld and Space Ghost like this.
  19. Svpernaut

I laugh at some parts, it is still worth a watch to see who torpedoes their career this week. The problem is the show has an agenda trying to show "what is wrong with America." I mean, it's in the title. The dialogue is to be expected as some people take offense.

I'm right in the middle. I think the people who are offended need to lighten up, and I think the people who think SBC is some genius who is making a laughingstock of conservatives, need to look at it from an unbiased perspective.

SBC isn't showing us anything new, or changing anything. The controversy lasts a few days, and then people are right back to being stuck in their ways.

20. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

I dont think he's a genius. He is just very good with improv. His scripted movies like Dictator and Ali G in the House were pretty boring. Borat and Bruno were hysterical.

In front of the camera, people should be much more cautious. I dont feel bad for any of them.