1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets 100% trying to get Paul George

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, Jun 19, 2017.

1. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Where is Ryan Anderson and his contract in all this?

2. finsraider

finsraider Member

I didn't address it. You could say something like Anderson + Lou Williams to Sacramento for a 2nd. I'm in the camp that believes Anderson won't be difficult to trade.

Rockets FTW likes this.
  3. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

You didnt trade anderson but you arent starting him? Ariza would be better off bench.

You want anderson spacing next to cp3, beard, and georgr. 3 double team worthy guys with that shooting is deadly

4. Rockets FTW

Rockets FTW Member

Minnesota won't do that deal but I'm with you that I think Ryno has value and the contract is horrible.

5. kwakmeister

kwakmeister Contributing Member

I think our best bet with Anderson is to simply retain him because offenses still have to respect his 40% 3pt shooting, opening the lane, or trade him and Capela to Detroit for Drummond and KCP who is on a hefty contract and seen by many as a negative asset. His skillset is actually perfect for the team. We wish Capela could reach Drummond levels of rebounding. On a different team, specifically ours Drummond could be a walking 20/15. Harden can create him the extra offense he just doesn't get in Detroit.

I get why people wouldn't want him here, I'm just a fan and think he's going to be great the second he gets out of Detroit. Of course I'd like him to be great on my team. Then if you miss on cp3/griffin/Hayward you could grab ibaka with a few moves and have a simply nasty front court. Would love to have Paul George as a playmaker alongside harden in that group.

6. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

Can't see Minnesota parting with Wiggins just to acquire Gordon and Beverley. That's way too low of value.

Fullcourt and justtxyank like this.
  7. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

The only reason I'm interested in trading Ryno is because we need to clear cap space to sign a star.

kwakmeister likes this.
  8. rockets13champs

I'd trade Ryan Anderson for a 1st and sign Ilyasova to vet minimum

9. rockets13champs

I could see them giving Rubio in order to help Indy release the contract on Monta Ellis to Twolves he could be 6 man type guy for Twolves and work out some sort of sign and trade for Jeff Teague as well

10. ItsMyFault

You won't get a 1st round pick for Ryan Anderson. lol

dje243 likes this.
  11. rockets13champs

Kings for a top 18 protected in 2019

12. ItsMyFault

Wiggins is pretty much off limits is my point though. I don't see them trading him after putting together this trio.

rockets13champs likes this.
  13. J.R.

J.R. Member

Woj: Celtics working on landing Gordon Hayward(or Blake Griffin) & Paul George

The Boston Celtics are pursuing an aggressive summer plan of sequencing the signing of free agent Gordon Hayward and relinquishing the assets needed to complete a trade for Paul George, league sources told The Vertical.

For salary-cap purposes, Boston wants a Hayward commitment before it can finalize a trade for George and secure the most dynamic free-agent coup in franchise history, league sources said.

For Boston, here’s the hitch: While Indiana believes Boston can offer the best possible package, the Pacers may be unwilling to wait until the start of July free agency on Boston’s timetable and could turn toward making a deal elsewhere for George, league sources told The Vertical.

Boston has maneuvering to do with its roster, including the shedding of salaries to create space to position itself for this scenario. Boston has contingencies in place to make deals and start a possible Hayward-George scenario toward fruition, league sources told The Vertical.

If Boston can’t acquire Hayward, Los Angeles Clippers forward Blake Griffin could be a substitute in this free-agency plan to sign a star and then trade for George, league sources told The Vertical.

Utah is fighting to hold onto Hayward in free agency, but is exploring multiple scenarios to reshape the roster should the All-Star forward leave the franchise. The Jazz are working to upgrade the roster, including point guard, before July 1 when Hayward will start taking meetings with Boston and Miami in free agency, league sources said.

Indiana has been focused on trying to complete a deal with Boston for George, league sources told The Vertical. The sides were growing close to a deal on draft night, but a third-team scenario fell through late in the evening that stalled talks. Indiana is desirous of the young players and future draft picks that Boston is uniquely able to offer the Pacers for George.

The Celtics have a growing confidence they could sign George to a contract extension, and keep him from leaving to his predetermined free-agent destination of the Los Angeles Lakers, league sources told The Vertical. Boston’s belief that it can make George more than a one-year rental is fueling the franchise’s willingness to part with a significant package of assets, league sources said.

Indiana could potentially allow George and his representation to speak to potential suitors about a contract extension should a trade happen, but that permission hasn’t been granted yet, league sources told The Vertical.

George, 27, informed the Pacers on June 17 that he planned to leave the Pacers in 2018 as a free agent, and his preference was to sign a deal with his hometown Los Angeles Lakers.

George is a four-time All-Star and one of the NBA’s elite two-way players.

Vivi, BigMaloe and craguin like this.
  14. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Welp, Boston flush with assets doing what they want.]

Seriously, Hayward, George added to blue chippers Brown and Tatum? UGH

BigMaloe and Clutch like this.
  15. Spoolxx

Spoolxx Member

bro you have to include assets to trade away Anderson's terrible contract.

16. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

that's a wrap.

time to move on to plan B in Milsap. I hope to god he doesn't want to come here though

17. J.R.

J.R. Member

So Indiana, everyone and their mother knows Boston can offer the best package & Indiana has been focused on trying to make a deal with Boston but they aren't willing to wait a few days? Bullshit. I call bullshit.

Indiana leaking/negotiating through the media.

BigMaloe likes this.
  18. threepointshot3

This is where Beverley or Lou's sweet contracts come into play

19. Reeko

Reeko Member

our assets aren't that attractive to a team looking to blow it up...time to start focusing on CP3 and Millsap

20. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

The only reason they wouldn't "wait" is that other teams may have to make a deal because they go other directions in free agency. If they wait on Boston they could find themselves in a situation where Hayward says no to Boston and then the Celtics say no to trading for Paul George. That could leave Indiana in a situation where they are stuck taking crap.