1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Popovich - "we live in a racist country that hasn’t figured it out yet”

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by ipaman, Feb 12, 2018.

1. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

On Mayweather u said I don't think you're racist. That was a projection based on you going off his lack of education.

Really you just don't respect what he has done with limited education

On black leaders they never talk about black responsibility including booing Obama at an NAACP function for talking about it

2. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

K .Black leaders play the victim card and don't care about their community. Fine. Why? Because of your little anecdote. How many black leaders exist in this country?

3. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Except there is no liberal position that blacks shouldn't be responsible in something like education. I don't even know to what you are referring.

4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

SMH, what I'm saying is that the enslavement of a person's ancestors by some of their other ancestors is not an excuse for poor life decisions or personal shortcomings today. I'm not sure why that is hard for you to understand, but it's pretty sad.

The fact that others also want to blame their personal shortcomings or the shortcomings of a group on things that happened to their ancestors doesn't give that nonsense any validity.

5. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

the "liberal position" is to infantilize black people and assume that they can do nothing on their own and that they cannot be held accountable for their own actions. It's pretty disgusting when you think about it, but the Democrats managed to buy the minds of black people once they lost the right to own them outright and that's just how it is.

6. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Don't put words in my mouth. You asked about black leaders. I didn't say they play the victim card.

They just don't address the problems only we can fix

7. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Obama got booed for saying it at a NAACP convention

The problem is never addressing it

Oh the problem with schools is money. Teachers don't care blah blah blah is all you hear

#287 pgabriel, Feb 15, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2018
  8. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

Hilarious that you claim that's just how it is after all you said was a bunch of crap that is nothing more than opinion without supporting evidence. But you've shown over and over that you are unwilling or unable to have a discussion on this topic based on any kind of scholarly research or evidence.

TheRealist137 likes this.
  9. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

Because those are the things that government can actually help to fix. Govt. has no say in how much responsibility anyone really takes for their own actions in these matters.

10. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Franchiseblade

My point is there are problems that can only be fixed internally or requires responsibility of the people facing those problems.

They'll never get fixed if no one addresses them in that manner. It doesn't matter how we got to the point of the problem.

To move forward you have to look at all the correct solutions.

11. Buck Turgidson

What does Ja Rule think about this?

I must admit, reading ipaman's sh!tshow of a meltdown has been entertaining.

Nippystix, Nook and ipaman like this.
  12. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

Yes, so the govt. will talk about solutions they can help with, and communities or families can urge the people of their community to focus on solutions that are within their power.

If both are working to help fix the problem that's a good thing.

fchowd0311 likes this.
  13. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

That's the logical conclusion based on their rhetoric and policies they push. I understand that you aren't a big fan of logic and you prefer propaganda and emotion, but we're just never going to see eye to eye on that kiddo.

14. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

The other more logical conclusion is you are beating the **** out of strawmen...

Maybe it's because you cater your 'news' to sources that just confirm your bias so you never actually receive any news about those same black community leaders being heavily involved in our run down poorly funded schools.

Maybe it's because you are an *******?

Maybe both?

15. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

She went off on Lebron, but not Pop or Kerr

16. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I noticed that ipaman never acknowledged your post, bobrek. In other words, he couldn't be bothered to read it, or did and ignored it because the article does nothing to support the confusing jumble of thoughts he keeps tossing out there. I read it and wasn't surprised at all. Of course, some of us have seen racism occur over the course of decades, both blatant and subtle. We've seen racism in the working place. We've seen public schools in minority neighborhoods get a fraction of the attention White schools typically get, less attention usually meaning fewer tax dollars being spent on them (not the only way they get less attention). In my case, I've been around long enough to have seen "Whites Only" signs at the swimming pools of Houston public parks, on restroom doors and the like (I've mentioned that before here, more than once). We expose ourselves to a variety of news and information sources besides what we see and experience ourselves.

"We" not specific to you and I, but rather people, minority or otherwise, who have had decades to see racism play out in America and did so without putting their collective heads in the sand. What's ironic to me is that one doesn't have to be a liberal American to be aware of the racism that still exists here, or how the "election" of Mr. trump has been a boost to racism across the country. I know many Republicans, including some folks who voted for trump in the general election, even if they didn't in the primary. They voted for him because the guy had an R by his name. The same people are appalled at trump's time in office and shocked at his bizarre actions and words when it comes to race (and many other issues).

They like the tax cut, though, those Republicans. Why? Not because they like anything else done during trump's time in office, and not because of the chump change being given to the working and middle classes of this country due to the tax bill, but because they are wealthy enough to get a major benefit from the bill. One of the wealthy Republicans I know very well (my partner's brother) spent tens of thousands of dollars trying to keep his step-daughter, born in Mexico, but living in the US all her life, here in the United States. She missed out on DACA because her issues happened before the passage of the bill, and after she was forced to live in a country she didn't know. Her younger brother doesn't have that problem at all, being born in Texas instead of Mexico, where the older sister was born because her mother was visiting her very ill mother and had an early birth. Totally bizarre

All that seems irrelevant to ipaman, but at least he has one thing going for him. Unlike "RussianLegend" and a few like him here, ipaman clearly is not a "bot." That I respect. I disagree with loads of his opinions in D&D, but at least they are his own (in other forums, he's fine, which is true of some of the other far-right members who post down here, which is why I've asked Clutch more than once to make the "ignore" function forum specific, and I'll ask him again soon in the new "secret forum"). Most of the posts from the most ardent supporters of trump are cut and paste crap from radical online sources. That doesn't describe ipaman, in my humble opinion. He lives in a construct of his own making.

#296 Deckard, Feb 16, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2018
    Rashmon, fchowd0311 and bobrek like this.
  17. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

To be fair, she disqualifies LeBron's position because he didn't receive a higher education that Pop and Kerr did.

I do somewhat agree with the message that an athlete or celebrity isn't the best person to take political advice from. The sad thing about our country is that the highest political office is run by a celebrity that is severely underqualified.

fchowd0311 likes this.
  18. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Actually millions DID vote for LeBron and KD

#NBAVote

ipaman likes this.
  19. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

nice assumption dumbass. truth is i actually missed it because posts and replies were flying out lightning. also quit being a baby asking for ignore buttons. seriously this is forum on the internet, it's not that big of a deal. btw... ignoring people you disagree with is how you lose elections. again, you'd rather be right and lose apparently.

back to the article, it's like we've already discussed, a different viewpoint. which is good because this is a news org (barely but still) citing sources/studies as opposed to a ball coach ignoring a question and interjecting their own topic. also the article doesn't proclaim "we live in a racist country" like the pandering ball coach did. imo, ball coach missed an opportunity and replaced it with something asinine. that's all this thread was ever about period.

@bobrek

20. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

[​IMG]