1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Popovich - "we live in a racist country that hasn’t figured it out yet”

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by ipaman, Feb 12, 2018.

1. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Oh that's nice that the problem is solved.

It's not like we have a president who pardoned a sherrif for explicitly violating the 4th amendment of citizens by detaining them based on the ethnicity for fear of being undocumented and was issued a court order to cease and desist and didn't follow those orders.

2. fchowd0311

Exactly Greg Popovich, a Naval academy graduate who's never had issues with the law and has been a life long outstanding citizen.

3. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

pop has the right to that opinion and i have the right to say it's the wrong approach. now when a brown liberal leaning person is telling you that pop's approach doesn't work you can chose ignore that opinion but don't whine later if me and others aren't with the program. again, if being "right" is more important than winning more power to you. i wouldn't do take that approach.

4. ipaman

ignore a minorities opinion on this, listen to and embrace a white man's opinion on this! like i said, your own worst enemy.

5. fchowd0311

Your logic falls apart when I can just post the millions of minorites that disagree with you.

Take the L bro... You're swinging at air.

Rashmon and London'sBurning like this.
  6. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

To not be "educated" Mayweather has taken care of himself in a sport where a team doesn't take care of you.

This is the liberal racist criticism comes. This guy takes care of himself and in that sense a role model for black men.

You want the government to take care of us partly because you believe we can't

7. fchowd0311

You think Floyd Mayweather is a role model for young people?

You think I'm racist for thinking that Floyd Mayweather isn't qualified in speaking on the matter of Donald Trump's biography before he was President?

Am I racist for thinking that there are millions of other black individuals that are significantly more qualified?

8. ipaman

actually the libs took the L's because they ignore people like me and people like me can be the difference between winning and losing in a close race. also pop be taking a lot of L's without his hall of famers now because he's overrated.

9. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I disagree, lots of people laugh at pathetic race baiters making excuses for their own shortcomings. Blaming your personal problems on "white America" or "the patriarchy" or "immigrants" or "Jews", depending of course on the identitarian group you associate with, is an easy way to get laughed at and thought to be pathetic.

10. fchowd0311

Again with that narrative. Maybe you project your inability to multi-task on to others.

11. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

You are big on education and that's fine other than dismissing someone's.

That guy legally took care of himself in a corrupt sport

I don't think you're racist. Some liberalism assumes blacks can't take care of themselves

ipaman likes this.
  12. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Did "White America" not do terrible things to black people for centuries? Yet they aren't a reason for what is going on with the black community right now?

If only centuries worth of research on sociology and external factors explaining human behavior didn't disprove your argument. Oh wait, it does. You're either too dumb to understand or just racist. Pick one.

CometsWin likes this.
  13. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

As a whole? No, "white America" didn't do terrible things to black people for centuries. Also, things that happened centuries ago is not relevant to behavior today. Let's not infantilize black people, they are capable of being responsible for their own actions no matter how you prefer to view them.

14. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

No, it doesn't.

15. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

16. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

You re-posting this doesn't make it valid, I hope you realize that. Whining about what might have happened to your ancestors (and likely perpetrated by your other ancestors) is no excuse for shortcomings today.

You're either too dumb to understand that or just racist. Pick one.

17. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Never acknowledging things like blacks should be more responsible in something like education does assume that.

18. fchowd0311

What do you mean by more responsible? Isn't it racist to assume black community leaders don't care about self improvement of their community just because they express racial issues?

That's the part I don't get.

Also, you are trying to paint my characterization of Floyd Mayweather as racist when I'm viewing Floyd as an individual who is responsible domestic assault.

19. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Thanks for indisputably proving that you don't even know elementary-level sociology. You argue like this, and you would have flunked out of classes all through school. Maybe you did though.

Also are you insinuating that it's black people's fault they were enslaved and then oppressed by white America?

Anyways, concepts like this are clearly too difficult for you to grasp, therefore you should keep your mouth quiet when trying to discuss issues you have no clue about.

20. fchowd0311

He's going to state that the previous 300 years has no relevance to the context of today which is obviously absurd. He is also going to state something about "pulling yourself up from your own bootstraps'" which means the point flew over his head and assumes that black leaders only play victim and never addresses self reflection and pushing young black kids to try hard in school which is racist in itself.