1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Popovich - "we live in a racist country that hasn’t figured it out yet”

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by ipaman, Feb 12, 2018.

1. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

You've stated even worse generalizations before on this message board. I don't think you qualify by your own standards you made up right now.

You want your post game basketball interviews to not be political? That's awesome because here I was thinking "who the **** cares about sports post game interviews that have always been made fun of for how useless and generic they are?"

The faux outrage is edible. I can taste it. It smells like farts.

2. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

If you don't think you can learn anything from someone like Floyd then you are either a racist, ignorant, insensitive, or stupid. I could give two ***** about you so I'll let you figure it out on your own.

I personally think there is more to learn about this topic from someone like floyd and what he represents. but like i said, only liberals can have opinions and their opinions are always right.

3. ipaman

i know, you and everyone else holds an brown anonymous message board poster to a higher standard than a white public figure with a video and mic in his face that sends his message to millions. you're right, i should be really, really, careful with my words.

4. fchowd0311

There are millions more poor African Americans that came from Floyd's background that disagree with him. Are their voices not as important? Or Floyd agreeing with your narrative helps you believe that his voice matters more than the millions more that disagree with him and you on Trump being considered a racist before he was elected?

And in this specific context why is Floyd's words more valuable? He made claim about Trump's life history before he was elected. Does his experience make him a Donald biographer?

5. fchowd0311

I don't. I'm debating you on this message board. That's the point of the D&D. You chose to post more about a basketball coach not using precise language more so than the individual with arguably the most clout in human existence .

6. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

School funding is a big issue. However in poor black neighborhoods, a lot of the education problem is broken homes.

Obama even tried to address our responsibility in our kid's education. He did so campaigning in spring 08 in front of a NAACP crowd. He was basically booed.

We have to stop taking offence at addressing internal problems.

7. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

You can't legislate feelings.

That being said this country has come a long way in race relations even from my hs years 25 years ago.

ipaman likes this.
  8. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

.....none of that can truly be blamed on anyone else. You have responsibility for your own actions. The kind of thinking that blames others for your own personal shortcomings is the same type of lazy BS that leads people to becoming and staying poor in the first place. People like that deserve to be poor honestly, no matter who they are.

I'm sorry if your parents failed you, but that's not my problem and it's not anyone else's problem. No one has a responsibility to fix you and your attempts to blame it on "white America" will just get you laughed at. Hopefully you'll decide to be a better parent to your children because that's all you can do to stop the cycle.

9. fchowd0311

Bobby takes things so personally.

10. Nook

Nook Member

Indeed, I have learned a lot about how to treat women and children from him.

11. fchowd0311

It seems as if Bobby and ipaman have some sort of cognitive disability where they cannot fathom people pointing out systemic issues that effect certain races that have 400 years of context while also desiring for individual self improvement?

Why do you two automatically jump to "you guys should worry about improving yourself first" when someone brings up the topic of racism? Those two thoughts aren't mutually exclusive .

12. Nook

Nook Member

So, Pop or anyone else is supposed to just talk about how things are better than they were...... and not the reality that racism is still a real issue in the USA?

Problems never get solved that way.

fchowd0311 likes this.
  13. Nippystix

Nippystix Member

I am sorry but you have lost me (i.e. I fail to see a connection to my posts and your responses to my posts). It is like you are making stuff up and then arguing against what you just made up, it is fascinating.

I was simply being facetious, as I found it entertaining that you disagreed with one man's opinion (Pop), and used another man's opinion (Mayweather) for your argument to try and make this an open and shut case.

It is apparent you hate Pop, and it is apparent that you agree with the content of the Mayweather video (although others have provided strong evidence against his words; such as Trump was, in fact, accused of being a racist long before he was the President).

Good luck friend!

#253 Nippystix, Feb 15, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2018
    Nook and fchowd0311 like this.
  14. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

The problem is that racism isn't still a real issue in the USA when compared to actual issues the country faces.

15. fchowd0311

If racism is an issue still in this country you can't play a game of relativism even if you think it isn't the worst problem facing the country today.

I mean, this nation is capable of attacking multiple issues at the same time.

What horrible logic.

16. ipaman

knew someone would go there and like a dog you did it. yes, floyd's mistakes means everything else he says is a lie. keep marginalizing and dismissing folks let's see how it works out.

17. ipaman

there is no problem, at least not to the magnitude (entire country) he suggests. the problem was already solved thanks to real heroes and leaders who risked it all and gave it all. for the lesser problem that still exists, i prefer to put my arm around those folks not point fingers.

18. fchowd0311

Yes those are pretty solid grounds to dismiss someone's opinion on poltical matters. Also having multiple concussions, no formal higher education and being barely literate also doesn't help.

There are millions more black individuals and celebrities that are more educated and knowledgeable than him that will disagree with him.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  19. Nook

Nook Member

Not going to give a lot of value to the opinions of a woman beater that beats the mother of his son in front of his son.

You can take up that campaign on your own.

Also, seems to me that you are marginalizing and dismissing the opinion of Pop..... so have fun with that.

Deckard and FranchiseBlade like this.
  20. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

No one's laughing at anyone. We are just telling you how the real world works and how humans behave. You have chosen to believe this myth about poor people based on inadequate understanding of sociology and psychology. Your education is severely lacking, and it shows.