1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

A Sincere Message to Clutch & The Moderators

Discussion in 'ClutchFans Feedback' started by Da_Spark, Aug 3, 2014.

1. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

Hello Dave. I've always been a frequent visitor since this site was created back in the 90's and finally decided to register and contribute/post just back in '08. Always loved ClutchFans and i truly believe that it's the best fan forum out there. Been here almost every single day for the past decade or so. Appreciate everything you do and have done for us Rockets fans over the years. Would be near impossible to find words that would express our gratitude for all the hard work you put in to keep this site running.

With that said, sadly, it has been very difficult to post or simply read threads in here for the past year or so. A lot of replies are often off-topic and threads eventually fill up with pages upon pages of sarcasm and hostility. I really don't want to get into details and single out certian groups or posters since i'm pretty sure most of us are well aware of this.

I hope you can find the time to ask our moderators to clean up our forum and perhaps it's time that you implement stricter rules. It's awesome that CF isn't run by abusive mods like other sites but it's become so crappy in here that you guys should really start addressing this problem.

I miss the good ol times when we all couldn't wait to get online and log in on CF to get our daily Rockets fix and engage in friendly thought-provoking debates with our fellow Rocket fanatics. But now, to be perfectly honest, i have to convince myself to get on here and literally dread the moment when i click on the threads. Reason why a good number of regular long time members i know would rather stay on twitter and update each other there.

Again, thank you Clutch and i really am hoping you can fix this issue. Good luck and more power to CF!

4 people like this.
  2. Orange

Orange Member

Cool story bro.

3. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

4. tinywang

tinywang Contributing Member

5. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

Sorry but posted it here (GARM) on purpose so that most of our members will be able to view it. I will let Clutch decide on whether to move or merge the thread. Thanks.

6. haydenfisher342

I actually find the moderators to strict and uptight. My opinion though.

7. Ender120

Ender120 Contributing Member

Crybabies gonna cry. I sincerely hope you're not an adult. If anything, this site will get better with all the LOFs off to Laker Land, just give it some time.

8. Phillycheese

Phillycheese Member

Example of typical crap. Don't blame the straw man. You guys screwed up your own site by being divisive.

9. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

So it isn't "a sincere message to Clutch and the moderators" after all. More like an off-topic (has nothing to do with either "game action" or "roster moves") attack against people who post here disingenuously titled as "a sincere message to Clutch and the moderators."

#9 Carl Herrera, Aug 3, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2014
  10. chrish23

chrish23 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

11. apollo33

apollo33 Member

I thought clutchfans has always been like this

12. bmd

bmd Member

One thing I dislike is the ultra-long threads. So much information gets buried in there and it feels like there is rarely a new topic.

I much prefer more threads so that you can browse the front pages instead of wading through the useless bickering in those massive threads.

13. Ender120

Ender120 Contributing Member

Typical crap is what I've come to expect here, but any sane person knows that typical crap is what you can expect anywhere these days. Most grownups I know aren't silly enough to write a public message to the mod, thinking that they can change anything by doing so. I've been here for a while, and I typically only speak against the very stupid. Welcome to the club, stupid.

14. clos4life

clos4life Member

I am all for anything that tones down the bitter rhetoric of the LOFs/Carl Herrera's of our otherwise amazing site.

15. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

this is what everyone says when they post in the wrong forum on purpose.

16. archinkent

archinkent Member

Wait, you mean GARM was better in 2008? :confused:

It was just as bad 6 years ago.

17. Felixthecat

Felixthecat Contributing Member

It's the internet.

18. i3artow i3aller

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

19. Tonaaayyyy

Tonaaayyyy Member

Agreed. Mods.. Move this thread to the feedback section! Kidding, I think this is what led Doc Rocket to leave.

20. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

This is exactly it. The Clutchfans many of the older posters used to know and try to implement is an anachronism. Most people simply choose to post in an irreverent manner because that is what is expected and encouraged by a significant majority of other sites.

Of course this can all change, but it starts with the posters not the moderators.

1 person likes this.