1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

A Sincere Message to Clutch & The Moderators

Discussion in 'ClutchFans Feedback' started by Da_Spark, Aug 3, 2014.

1. SirCharlesFan

SirCharlesFan Contributing Member

He used Clutch's real first name, you know he must be sincere!

1 person likes this.
  2. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

It starts and ends with the posters. IF you think something is stupid or irrelevant, don't reply to it or if you're that butthurt report the content.

The mods are doing just fine.

3. baubo

baubo Member

Wouldn't the ignore feature solve all these problems? If you think someone's not contributing seriously, add that person to the ignore list. Problem solved.

4. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

I have something you can do that might make you feel a little better about being a CF member.

5. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Curious what would happen if the rep system was removed.

6. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

Get off your high horse Ricjy Rich.

7. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

I agree with OP. The thread proves itself. Most responses are nasty trash. "We're all assholes here, Bro!" Actually, some people are not assholes, even on the internet.

It must be hard for mods to read every post from posters who put up 20000 posts and more, and there is no money to it. Such a thankless job. But it's clear the kiddies and grumpus grandpas can't play well without supervision.

8. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Well intentioned post, but comes off as a little self-important, especially after the 'i posted in the wrong forum for maximum exposure' comment.

Clutchfans is still a source of news and facts and humor on the Rockets. Right now it's the off season, where useless speculation runs wild for every fan base in every sport on every message board.

In short, deal with it. 8)

9. Jontro

Jontro Member

Hello Dave. Can you change my membership year to 1999 so I can be friends with tinman?

Again, thank you Clutch and i really am hoping you can fix this issue. Good luck and more power to CF!

1 person likes this.
  10. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Passive aggressive much?

1 person likes this.
  11. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

Same here... I would also so love to be a 99er so I can be apart of The Beatles.

12. jim1961

jim1961 Member

I think things will improve some given the LOF's will be elsewhere.

13. dmenacela

dmenacela Contributing Member

Just ignore the BS. When you look at the quality of this board as a whole, only about 20% are actually meaningful posts.

14. Rodman23

Rodman23 .GIF

15. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I would say that on average, this exact thread and topic pops up every 6 months.

16. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

I get all my self validation and live vicariously through my rep. Don't do it bro!

1 person likes this.
  17. topfive

topfive CF OG

I agree with this assessment, for the most part. I think getting back to the way things were 10-15 years ago is probably impossible, but I disagree that there's nothing that can be done AT ALL to make things better.

For example, here's my suggested new rule (thought up after seeing the "Disgusted with JLin trade" thread still going strong with nothing of value having been added in the last 25 pages or so):

Any thread older than 2 weeks with 50+ ratings and a rating score of 1.5 or less gets closed.

If the vast majority of CFers who bother to rate a thread think it's terrible, why bother to keep it alive (and annoying said vast majority)?

Anyway, I'm sure there are other similar ideas that could be implemented to bring the level of discussion up across the board.

My two cents. :)

18. heypartner

I agree with this wrt news threads, but there is no clear solution, imo. The ultra-long threads go off-topic when waiting for more news.

One solution I was thinking of is J.R. gets his own thread where only he and the mods can post news updates. Of course, new news he'd post as separate threads, as normal. But update news, maybe compile in a single thread. That way the ultra long threads can continue happening, but we also have a clean compilation news thread for ppl to get their daily Rockets news updates fast.

Of course, we shouldn't even have to wait for such a thread. You'd think we could just do it, and state the rules in the OP..."please post Rockets news updates here, but otherwise no other posts. Keep the thread uncluttered."

19. heypartner

Because they will just get recreated if closed?? my two cents. Seems Clutch likes to keep them open to become fly-paper/magnet threads for stupid drivel.

1 person likes this.
  20. topfive

topfive CF OG

I love this idea.