1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2012 MLS Cup Final: Houston Dynamo @ LA Galaxy

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by rhino17, Nov 20, 2012.

1. rhino17

rhino17 Member

2012 MLS Cup Final: Houston Dynamo @ LA Galaxy

December 1, 2012 (3:30 pm)

I thought this warranted its own thread since the Dynamo have made the cup final, again. Maybe some people that don't usually watch the team will tune in.

Major storylines include a rematch of last year's final where LA won 1-0. This will also be the last game for both David Beckham and Brian Ching, 2 big time players.

Season Highlights
    <object width="620" height="349" id="cf0f826oi" name="cf0f826on" classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000"><param name="movie" value="http://p.mlssoccer.com/pL9ES/video/1228066/1228066_2012-10-29-151106.640hq.mp4"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed width="620" height="349" src="http://p.mlssoccer.com/pL9ES/video/1228066/1228066_2012-10-29-151106.640hq.mp4" id="cf0f826ei" name="cf0f826en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullScreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" /></object>

Playoff Video
    <object width="620" height="349" id="cf65ca0oi" name="cf65ca0on" classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000"><param name="movie" value="http://p.mlssoccer.com/pL9ES/video/1228222/1228222_2012-10-29-160522.640hq.mp4"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed width="620" height="349" src="http://p.mlssoccer.com/pL9ES/video/1228222/1228222_2012-10-29-160522.640hq.mp4" id="cf65ca0ei" name="cf65ca0en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullScreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" /></object>

2. mirus

mirus Member

thanks.any chance overseas guys can watch this?it'll be interesting to see beckham's last game with galaxy

3. DrLudicrous

DrLudicrous Contributing Member

4. BigBird

BigBird Contributing Member

I'm really bummed I can't watch, I have to go to Austin this weekend to look at real estate. with this being beckham's and potentially donovan's last game in a galaxy jersey I expect them to come out firing, but we've been on a roll lately. Going to be an interesting matchup

5. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Watching the Lakers fail last night I noticed quite a bit of ads for MLS Finals tickets for sale. Lol, that would have sold out here in a few days if not a day.

6. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

There are tv's in Austin. Many have cable.

7. BigBird

like I said, i'll be looking at real estate so I'm going to be on the move for most of the day and don't have a time when I can sit down and watch the game. I'm not happy about it, but me having a place to live next semester is high on my priority list right now

8. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

WE ARE ORANGE. :mad:

I have a prior commitment at night and had I not I would have gone with some Orange peeps to cheer on my team. I am glad ithe game is way before I have to go to it.

We didn't have CAPTAIN Davis last year, so this year they're going to have to win by more than one slip of the Donovan Keene ball to justify their Cup. :eek:

Prepare for B.S. PN to ride David Beckwhine's jock all day.
    :rolleyes: Who gives a #(*$&^#$ about that whiny baby? F#(*$&^ him. We're ORANGE. I don't give a flying peanut who this washed up set-pieces diva is. Why we are even mentioning his *ss in this thread, I don't know.

9. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

For the same reason we'd mention Kobe Bryant in a game thread against the Lakers. It isn't like we're playing empty suits.

10. leroy

And like him or hate him, he's done a lot for the MLS. They are not where they are now without David Beckham.

11. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

That can't be true. It's been sold out for a while. They must have bought ad space that they needed to use. That, or the Dynamo's allotment went back on the open market (I think this to be the most likely).

12. atomicanderz

atomicanderz Member

Let's Go Galaxy!

13. BigBird

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  14. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

[​IMG]

15. Beavis Stiffler

http://www.houstonchronicle.com/sports/article/Dynamo-president-wants-to-make-franchise-a-4068351.php?t=959d7b0bd4

16. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

After you take his peepee out of your mouth :)grin: sorry, I couldn't keep a straight face... er), tell us what he has done for the MLS. Please tell us. We're dying to know. :rolleyes:

You want to continue to build him a castle, go ahead. :eek: He's playing AGAINST US on Saturday, just remember that.

17. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Troll harder. I want the Dynamo to win as much as the next Houstonian. I used to post weekly game threads for the Dynamo here on the BBS. Trust me, I want the Orange to win.

However, you can't keep a straight face while playing dumb and asking what David Beckham has done for MLS. Truth be told, I think he's always been an overrated footballer and a spectacular brand. However, his defection to MLS may very well have saved the league. He didn't have to come to the United States, but he did. His arrival and notoriety gave the MLS exposure it had been trying to achieve for years. Beckham gave the league the chance to grow instead of mitigate losses.

I'd venture to say that without Beckham, it's very likely that the MLS would've gone under by now. He showed other players like Thierry Henry, Rafa Marquez and Robbie Keane that it was perfectly fine to come play in the US, despite having European offers in hand. He allowed the league to market itself as something other than a retirement community and/or boarding school. Without David Beckham, there may not be franchises today in Philadelphia, Seattle, Portland, Vancouver and Montreal. There may not be new stadiums in Houston, Kansas City and New York. Really, he allowed the league to stop treading water and begin to swim.

So, yes; I hope that Dynamo beat the living hell out of the Galaxy this weekend. I wish we had won last and I think that having Brad Davis and Ricardo Clark back (who never played in either of previous two Cups), will go a long way to helping us win our third title. I hope that we play physical against Beckham and like an ember of his competitive fire aflame, making him second-guess his decision to go play at the end of the earth for some backwater A-League club. But, I'm not blind and neither are you. Troll harder.

2 people like this.
  18. PhiSlammaJamma

I think 10k people knew about the Galaxy before Beckham, now 10 million know who they are.

Longtime DC united Fan here.

Beckham was great for the League. Only real draw that I can recall since Freddie Adu.

19. The Stig

The Stig Member

Talked to FC Dallas coach, Schellas Hyndman, today, he picked the Galaxy to win due to their home field advantage and the fact that this is an emotional game for Becks and Robbie Keane is having a stellar season. However, Hyndman said Dynamo are no slouch team either and LA has to be extremely careful with how they approach the game. He gave a lot of credit to Dominic Kinnear, and said the Dynamo are lucky to have him running the show so well without going overboard with the spending (LA and NY). Think he also said that the Dynamo's squad salary is less than Beckham, Donovan, and Keane combined. Pretty amazing when you see if from that POV.

Hope he's wrong in his prediction. This Dynamo team is much better than last year's squad due to Brad Davis not being hurt and Ricardo Clark's experience in this sort of game. They don't want to walk out of there again trophyless so I am expecting this team to be super fired up to win.

20. leroy

Back on ignore he went. I'm not sure where I gave the idea that I was pulling for the Galaxy at all. However, ignoring Beckham's positive influence on the MLS for the sole purpose that he's playing on the other team is just plain dumb. That said...

GO DYNAMO!