1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2012 MLS Cup Final: Houston Dynamo @ LA Galaxy

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by rhino17, Nov 20, 2012.

1. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

2. geeimsobored

geeimsobored Contributing Member

Ugh once Kanji was subbed in, it was all downhill. He stalls the offense so badly once he gets the ball.

3. rocks_fan

rocks_fan Rookie

I like how the Galaxy forward was holding the Dynamo defender AND went over his back to get the header that led to the hand ball. Oh well. I'd still consider it a net gain if the Galaxy lose Donovan and Becks while the Dynamo just lose Ching. It might help if AEG would throw 1/2 the cash at the Dynamo that they do the Galaxy.

4. stipendlax

stipendlax Member

Went in for a tackle. Landed awkwardly. Definitely knee related.

Safe to say that the dynamic of this game changed the minute Carr went out. Who'd thunk it.

**** LA!

1 person likes this.
  5. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Every bit of small contact in the midfield went LA's way...the big contact going Houston's way was allowed to play on. One clear foul against Moffat ended up a no call and led to the build up to LA's first goal. Twellman even asked how that wasn't a foul.

I was disappointed in Davis, Clark, and Bruin. They needed to do better. I've never been a Clark fan and I think they would have been better off with Hainult in. I didn't understand replacing Carr with Kandji. That's exactly the moment you put Ching in.

Lost another lunch to my customer in LA.

6. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Clark was playing attacking mid and Hainult is a center back, how would explect to play one for the other?

7. leroy

You go back to the lineup from the last couple of games without him that was working.

8. rhino17

rhino17 Member

do you mean taylor? Hainult was never playing in the place of clark

9. Naija Texan

Naija Texan Member

Damn shame, but after they gave LA back to back corners, I started to feel the fix was in. The refs were letting a lot of stuff go in the first half and then that second half began.

Didn't think the team would falter so much when Carr went out but Bruin did take too long to get himself involved in the game and none of the potential subs for Carr would have matched that well like Carr was to how the rest of the team was playing.

Horrible that once again, we lose in the finals and to LA but there is always next season and hopefully we will return stronger.

10. josephnicks

josephnicks Member

penalty kicks, best of 2 playoff series, and stoppage time is why soccer is a r****ded sport.. goals are so hard to come by penalty kicks are free points. stoppage time makes every game different, just eliminate it and make a final 10 minute period, people dont even know when the game is going to end they just hope and pray for a whistle.. the 2 game playoff is ridiculous, how can you win the last game and still lose the series.

11. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

The sports is the most popular sport in the world. The rules haven't changed in a decade so it stands the test of time whereas in America people like to change to rules to thier sports endlessly. It's been growing consistently too. The only people who complain about the game are just sore losers.

Galaxy won fair and square. If the Dynamo would have scored more goals then they would have won.

12. stipendlax

stipendlax Member

Shut up. No one cares.

13. 713

713 Member

Regardless it was a great game. i think if Georgia could slow down the run more often they would have won. Eddie Lacey and Yeldon was tooo much for GA.

14. rocks_fan

rocks_fan Rookie

??

Um, wrong thread dude?

15. houston#1

houston#1 Rookie

I am still proud of Houston Dynamo for their hard fought to get to this MLS Cup. At least we won 2012 Eastern Conference Champion and the Dynamo will bounce back next year. We will become stronger than ever. Don't worry, guys. We will win MLS Cup champion again in future.

16. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

Another great win for AEG.

1 person likes this.
  17. leroy

No one who knows anything about the game, American or not, is saying anything about penalty kicks or stoppage time. They're part of the game. The only people that talk such garbage know nothing about the sport.

18. josephnicks

josephnicks Member

exactly.. Soccer.. no one cares..

19. atomicanderz

atomicanderz Member

Congrats, you guys played an excellent game. But, I'm glad the trophy is staying in LA, where it belongs!

Let's Go Galaxy!

20. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

The entire ****ing world begs to differ.