1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Nice things about the Dallas Mavericks

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Will, Apr 23, 2015.

1. bmd

bmd Member

Dallas smells better than a landfill. So that's good.

2. benvolio007

benvolio007 Member

Cuba did his best to go all in to get one last run out of the Dirk era. He rolled the dice on a few moves that didn't work and the Rondo trade may extend the rebuilding process a year or two. The Parsons signing is not crippling if the dude can get/stay healthy.

It seems to be a year too late. Dirk was in the MVP race last year if you remember but he has slowed down so much I wonder if he will take his farewell tour next season. If dirk had this crew last year it could have been enough to get past San Antonio (went 7 games without JJ, Chandler or Parsons on the team).

It reminds me a bit of when it became obvious that Drexler, Barkley and Hakeem were just too old of a team.

With the Cuban - Morey rivalry, it will be interesting to see if Cuban can rebuild from the Dirk era as quickly as Morey did from the Ming/McGrady era.

3. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Thanks dallas, for allowing JFK, The President, to be assassinated on your watch and opening the doors for LBJ to become President and bringing Houston our very own Space Center. Nasa will forever hold Houston as its home base and "Houston" will forever be the first word EVER spoken from space.

4. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Moon, not space. And even that may not be true

5. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

At least what I can say about Dallas that is good is that at least its not about 200 or so miles more north because then it would be a city in Oklahoma and it would suck even harder. That's the best I can do.

6. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

7. ribbit

ribbit Member

I hate the Lakers and Jazz more.

I'll write more complements for the Mavs as soon as Rockets win the series.

8. ribbit

ribbit Member

*compliments

9. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

Arlington gave us Pantera. That's close to Dallas.

10. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Thank you for "Debbie does Dallas"

In return we give you the remake, "Josh does Dallas"

11. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Tyson Chandler and Aminu are guys I'd love to have on the Rockets. I respect those guys.

That was really hard.

12. WinkFan

WinkFan Contributing Member

Dallas has a lovely mascot.

[​IMG]

13. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

Thank you for getting CP25 out of our hands so that we could get Trevor Ariza. Morey was getting slammed by the media for losing him that he had to work doubletime to get guys like Brew and Smith and Prigs.

We thought Parsons was a vital cog on our team. Thank you for educating us.

14. LandryMegaBeast

Thank you dallas. you are a city that is in texas.

15. Rokman

Rokman Member

Thank you Dallas for staying close enough to the noelrthern border of Texas to keep Oklahomans from wanting to move here. Now can you relocate near the Mexican for a while, we have enough people in this state as it is. Thanks!

16. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

17. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

18. Milos

Milos Member

Funny, but as I was reading this, I felt like it could apply to almost half the league this year ...

I cannot remember a season where so many contenders were completely derailed by injuries

Out East, ATL and CLE seem unchallenged to reach the EC Finals thanks mainly to health
    The ongoing DRose injury situation in CHI, PGeorge missing the entire season for IND, and MIA missing the playoffs thanks to Bosh's season-ender (among many others) have made the first 2 rounds in this conference a cake-walk

Remember when the 2014 draft class was going to rock the league unlike any group of rookies since LeBron&Co?
    So long Jabari ... so long Julius ... Hello Wiggins, so far a solo act after season #1

Remember when we were all salivating, even only a month ago, about the 7 all-time epic playoff wars we would witness in every round of just the WC playoffs, regardless of how the seeding shook out in the end?

One by one, every Western series save 1 (LAC/SA) has become completely anti-climatic due mainly to injuries:

2 HOU vs 7 DAL
    Parsons/Harris/Rondo absence has erased nearly all suspense from the most hate-fueled of all opening series between bitter intra-state rivals
    DAL just has the look of a defeated team that will have a hard time even competing anymore
    Not that it's showed so far, but missing DMo/Bev will become more damaging the further HOU advances

4 POR vs 5 MEM
    Matthews/Afflalo/McCollum/Kaman all out has made things so bad in POR that the biggest mid-series news coming out of this team has their franchise player bolting in 2 months to come home to TX
    Again, not that it's hurt yet, but MEM has injury issues of it's own as Conley/Randolph/Allen/Udrih are all trying to play through pain

1 GS vs 8 NO
    Although GS continues rolling along injury-free, even this series has lost some luster as the matchup with NO cannot hold a candle to the slugfest we were expecting here
    Unfortunately, OKC could not overcome the crippling losses of cornerstones Durant & Ibaka to even make the tournament

... in the end, just makes me appreciate the extraordinary brilliance we are lucky enough to witness every game now from James Harden

Amidst all the contenders (and teammates) crumbling around him, he has maintained MVP play for 80+ games and kept his team among the elite to the point where current media coverage of the team simply never mentions the Rockets are doing all of this down 2 starters

19. monster

monster Member

Good things about Dallas:

Not Utah
    In Texas
    Kept us from overpaying CP

I think the decent thing to do is put them out of their misery.

20. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

FIFY. Dallas aint part of Texas.

They aint even worthy of being the "taint" of Texas. (I wonder how many know what a taint is)