1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Nice things about the Dallas Mavericks

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Will, Apr 23, 2015.

1. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Nice Try...Good effort, but Kimball is in Ft Worth.

2. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

Better playoff showing than the Raptors. #WetheJoke

3. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

I always get tripped up on the its vs. it's.
    I am not a smart man.

4. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I will give the Mavs credit. I thought game 3 would be a back breaker but they brushed it off and came back strong. That's a credit to a veteran team. We still have the advantage but this is a reminder not to take anything for granted.

5. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

It was a back breaker. Until we let off the gas in the 2nd quarter, again. We would have won this game if it weren't for the 2nd quarter run.

6. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Not all out of town fans are bandwagon fans. Some became Rockets fans because they liked Hakeem. Some were Houston fans who have moved away for decades and have little loyalty to the city of Houston other than the Rockets.

Plenty of diehard fans on this site aren't living in Houston. It's insulting to call them bandwagon hoppers. Look at the viewing parties in all those cities across the country.

I've always wonder about that. When a team moves away, fans stop rooting for them. But when a fan move away, he continues to root for his team even though he no longer identifies with the city. I can't explain this psychology.

I left Houston long time ago and still root for all the Rockets and the Astros. I rooted for the Oilers/Titans after they moved for a while until most of the old-time Oilers left the team or retired. And I don't care much about the Texans because they came to Houston long after I left.

7. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

We should give credit where credit is due. Yes the Rockets seemed to run out of gas after the 1st quarter but that wouldn't have mattered if the Mavs were mentally defeated. Instead they sensed weakness and pounced.

That is the mark of a veteran team and players like Nowitzki and Barrea didn't show the panic or dejection of a team who just had a draining painful loss facing elimination. If anything the Rockets looked like the team that looked drained.

I still have a lot of hope that we'll take care of things at TC but we should've known that this series wasn't going to be won on just talent alone. The Rockets gotta play with the same heart that the Mavs will.

8. GanjaRocket

GanjaRocket Member

Ponies r cute

9. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

And what's wrong with left-handed compliments?

Sincerely,

James Harden
    Dwight Howard
    Terrence Jones
    Donatas Motiejunas
    Kostas Papanikolaou
    Josh Smith

10. bro2044

bro2044 Member

You know, I almost bought into this thread until going into last nights game.

Now? F 'em. Mavs fans are ridiculous, rude, and spoiled as sht. Carlisle made it even worse with this "refs fault" bs and Houston is such a "physical team" crap, they all believe every play is a foul, every play is a missed call, every time Howard moves he's fouling foul foul foul...

Dallas was up by 24 and Mavs fans around me were crying and booing the refs and acting like a bunch of bratty children that have been told over and over that Harden is a flopper who gets every call and Houston gets every call.

I hate it, and now I hate them.

Rockets in 5.

btw, I know that in the game I cry a decent amount myself, but this was a whole 'nother level... and I kept my cool on things that I felt were not called for us (especially one play where while saving a ball from going out of bounds, Dirk shoved Brewer, no call, Mavs got the save and played on. Like that would ever be noticed).

1 person likes this.
  11. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

I would have a number of nice things to say about the Spurs.

Not a damn nice thing to say about the ponnies. Nada, zilch, zero.

12. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

They are so peachy!