1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I Will Never Trust James Harden again. It's too painful.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DreamShook, May 10, 2019.

1. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

Steve Francis faints.

2. jowman

jowman Member

I hope the rockets get back next year as the favorites and harden is EVEN better if they encounter the warriors we all stand to make a LOT of money by betting on the warriors. worse case scenario rockets win lol. but thatll never happen.

3. YOLO

YOLO Member

I couldn’t careless about the other games. They’re over with and done. This was a 0 excuse game for a drastically thin Gs team without their best player. The trend is their. Harden never shows up for the big games. It’s proven. He’s nothing more then a regular season player where the pressure is at a minimum

Paul played like he didn’t want to go home tonight. Harden didn’t. That’s the difference

smp, SWTsig and hou$tonScrew$tonTX like this.
  4. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

lol no.

Melo was atrocious.

Harden has won multiple series and in the end there is no shame in losing to one of the most stacked teams ever.

Its not like his teams are getting blown out by the Warriors either.

Again reality check people:

4th seed lost to 1st seed in 6 games in 2nd round.

No surprise there.

He is not the "greatest scorer bla bla " that Morey makes him out to be, but he is still one of the best players in the NBA.

5. icewill36

icewill36 Member

i disagree about ariza man. he had his chance and went 0-12 in game 7. that is the real reason he isnt here IMO. he was not very good this year anyway. he did have some good games with the wizards, but they were trash so who cares? we need another legit star.

hou$tonScrew$tonTX likes this.
  6. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

He had a good run in Houston, it's time to move on from him. Trade him to the Lakers for the farm, everyone ends up happy.

We get all their young players and 4 picks, they get their coveted star to play alongside Lebron and Harden gets to play at home in LA where he can party even harder.

Trade CP3 to the Sun for all their young pieces + picks minus Booker, Suns finally find their perfect PG to play alongside Booker.

Trade Capela to whichever playoff team that wants him.

Use some of the combined assets to trade for this year's #1 pick and draft Zion.

hou$tonScrew$tonTX likes this.
  7. tinywang

tinywang Contributing Member

I don't blame Harden, but personally, I just don't like this iso style of play. Harden is talented enough to take anyone 1 on 1 though so it's not the worst bet. He just needs to clean up his game because some of the turnovers and shot selections were just bad. We will not advance if he doens't correct his mistakes.

But yeah, coaching was to blame for this one. Our system is trash and substitutions were terrible.

Easy and SWTsig like this.
  8. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

That's the thing, 0-12 doesn't matter. We hit enough shots, we needed defense and rebounding. Not more shots made.

9. Asian Sensation

It’s never his fault. Nope. Not this year, not against the Spurs 2 years ago, not against the Blazers 5 years ago. Or the numerous random playoff games he disappeared and got bailed out such as game 6 against the Clips, Jazz Game 5 last year etc.

10. icewill36

icewill36 Member

we outrebounded them in the second half. we finished ahead by 5 there. they made some tough contested 3s late. we needed james to close this game. you had steph and klay playing with house money. that is always very dangerous. the only way we were getting out of here with a win was for our star to dominate them.

11. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

But James dominated and played well for most of this series, most of these games were close...and for 5 games we get nothing from Clint and CP3...but people going to blame Harden the most.

I understand it, he's the best player, but he's far from being the issue.

12. Reeko

Reeko Member

Since y’all are so tired of Harden, trade him so we can go back to being irrelevant and he hopefully wins a title with another franchise, because his prime will be wasted here.

Trade him to NY so he can play with his buddy KD in front of a packed house every night. Trade him to LA so he can play in his hometown next to a superstar in Bron. Let’s go back to being garbage and hope we can somehow get somebody better than Harden since y’all are so tired of him and hate him. Thanks for everything you’ve done Harden, I hope u go elsewhere and finally get a title.

JayGoogle likes this.
  13. solid

solid Contributing Member

I have noticed the same thing. I think the beard gives him an expressionless face which may be part of it, but he is hard to figure out. He doesn't seem to thrive in high-pressure situations, thus the "regular season" wonder label.

Easy and SWTsig like this.
  14. kyle7758521

kyle7758521 Member

The free throw lost him MVP during the last game against OKC.

The choke performance year by year in elimination or crucial or playoff games just proved again a and again that he is just a fake superstar.

And why does this happen? Because of his personality, which is not easy to change for human beings. Just admit it, he cannot take it being soft.

15. Aj-June

Aj-June Member

Well, I am sure, 90% of people will definitely trust him once he will win a few game on his own in the regular season next year. That said, I can understand your feelings. Just horrible feeling all the way.

16. kyle7758521

kyle7758521 Member

When it is too sad, peaceful came in because you don’t care anymore. Put it away for a while, just put it away.

17. Handles

Handles Member

Harden is not THE issue. Capela was looking like the biggest issue this post-season, along with MDA’s rotations and lack of in-game adjustments.

But as our #1 guy, Harden disappearing when we need him most is absolutely an issue. It’s not a one time thing. I’ve stuck by him and supported him for so long but some things just don’t seem like they’re going to change. It’s really painful. Rockets need to make some changes this offseason. I really hope we don’t come back with this same squad.

18. kyle7758521

kyle7758521 Member

Apparently he has been there already last night. End of the story, end of the game.

19. Pandaemonaeon

Pandaemonaeon Member

Yeah, I know Harden gave the haters plenty of ammunition right now that's well deserved, but this notion that rebuilding is just going to be a piece of cake obviously weren't paying attention to the years of mediocrity before we were handed Harden on a silver platter. Rebuilding isn't easy and superstars don't just fall from the sky.

JayGoogle likes this.
  20. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

You simply can’t deny Harden’s inability to perform in the clutch. It’s undeniable. For whatever reason will take a psychiatrist to figure out.

Sure, the reasons we lost the series are plenty, but we saw what a true clutch performer can do when he absolutely has to in this damn game. Sometimes you NEED your superstar to carry you. Harden simply isn’t capable of doing it, and his history proves it. If he couldn’t muster something up tonight when the game got tight and the air tense af, with the warriors as vulnerable as they’ve ever been, with all the clamoring we did before the series started.... well.... he probably never will.

It sucks.

YOLO likes this.