1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I Will Never Trust James Harden again. It's too painful.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DreamShook, May 10, 2019.

1. aliadiere25

aliadiere25 Member

It's Harden. Everyone hates Harden when we lose. He's the main reason we lose to these people. Overreaction threads a plenty.

Curry literally does **** all for 3 quarters and somehow he's the better than Harden. Thompson only scored like 6 points in the last 3 finals but somehow he's better than Harden.

Harden gets 35 points, 8 rebounds, 5 assists, 4 steals and somehow he's a choker and cost us the game. These people.

Lawlruschang and lnchan like this.
  2. YOLO

YOLO Member

Are you praising Westbrook when he does those numbers. Harden did his best impression and was non existent when it mattered. Someone’s supposed to be the mvp right. Nah not in the playoffs.

You got Steph and klay stepping up and the entire game plan centers around them. What’s wrong there.

3. solid

solid Contributing Member

Harden's FIVE missed free throws was GS's margin of victory.

4. macan

macan Member

Harden will be remembered as another melo when it's said and done
    great scorer, no rings

5. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

And this is the point.

Kerr started doing this late in the game, our offensive genius coach continued playing a guy that hampered Harden and didn't allow us to capitalize on him being doubled.

Nene and Faried would have been better rolling to the basket because they both weren't fumbling the ball every where and roll to the rim hard and confident.

Clint really hurt this team in all facets and was a negative in every game yet we kept playing him over and over and over again.
    And this is what I'm saying, GSW gets away with doubling Harden and we could not double them because they made us pay.

The coaching is the biggest issue we have, we don't adjust, the Warriors did and it paid off for them.

6. icewill36

icewill36 Member

like i said he needs someone like to draymond on his team to tell him when he is not bringing it and tell him to step the fukk up.

he probably doesnt realize how passive he is being in the moment.

DreamShook likes this.
  7. T for 3

T for 3 Member

People have been touting hardens stat line for years as a justification. I guess it will never stop. There is soo much more to it than that. Curry came through and played his best with the game on the line. Hardens trajectory for the game was the complete opposite. No one should look at point totals to determine a player’s impact on a win or loss. But I understand, it is any easy way to deflect blame.....

8. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Something is wrong with Harden. It's like there are times when his soul just leaves him and he is just a blank. Sometimes it's just flashes here and there. Sometimes it's longer stretches. Sometimes it's a whole game.

solid and DreamShook like this.
  9. icewill36

icewill36 Member

its not just coaching though its personnel. our strategy is to surround james with an old cp3, and minimum contract players that can "outplay" their contract. i have always doubted this strategy, but since we were close last year i let myself think maybe it can happen. it cant. if we are really being honest, even if we won this series, we would not have enough against milwaukee. we need another impact player.

10. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

I'm not entirely sure I'm upset with Harden.

He plays a very great game, however, it's probably his greatness that makes things he does look extremely easy. As if, why CAN'T you drive to the hoop every play when it looks effortless every time you actually DO drive to the hoop?

Rocket River likes this.
  11. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Harden is maybe 4th on the list
    Hardly the problem

Rocket River

12. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Media is right.

Harden is a choker

13. {icebox425}

{icebox425} Member

It's all mental for Harden. That's the worst kind of problem to have though. It will always weigh on him in those pressure moments.

hou$tonScrew$tonTX likes this.
  14. Handles

Handles Member

I used to think Harden was easily top 3. After seeing him choke so many times and disappear when it really matters, it’s hard for me to argue him as top 5.

Top 3 in regular season, sure. Definitely not in post season when it’s really needed. See curry tonight taking over. He was getting doubled and still hitting big shots. That’s what we need but it’s hard to imagine we’ll ever get that from James. He clams up when the pressure is on.

15. smp

smp Member

Hold up. You are saying Harden came up bigger than Curry? You are one of the few NBA fans who believes that narrative. 99 percent of the population will say Curry was clutch to close out the game and Harden choked yet again. I'm in the 99 percent

16. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

He playing likes he does not give shiit about the game.

17. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Harden's body language is very easy to read imo. You can tell when he is pumped and exited and when he's droopy. When he's pumped, he has this extra pep in his step. And then there are times like today where it feels like he had two chipolte burritos right before the game and would **** his pants if he decided to sprint so he just walks everywhere.

What's head scratching is his "I'm holding a giant shiat and therefore can't run" games happen during elimination games.

#137 fchowd0311, May 10, 2019
    Last edited: May 11, 2019
  18. aliadiere25

aliadiere25 Member

Where was Curry and Thompson for the first 4 games? Absolutely nowhere. Curry did nothing for 3 quarters.... Thompson dropped like 6 points in the final 3 quarters.

Harden still put up big numbers, big assists, big steals in the playoffs. Yeah, he didn't shoot lights out, but he still shot much better than last year in the playoffs. And you can't compare Harden to Westbrook.

He's the first player to get the blame, even though players like Paul and Capela were truly awful for most of the playoffs. But whatever. I hope Harden leaves and we'll see how far we get. We'll be no better than a 12th place team.

19. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Not the problem. But not the solution when he needs to be.

Curry went off in the 4th two straight games because he knew his team needed that. Why does Harden not have that mindset?

solid likes this.
  20. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Nothing we could do about CP3 though, we had to pay him and he can't take a paycut considering his role.

What we really missed tonight was Ariza and all this series. He was basically a thinner Tucker and it sucks because the Suns basically offered him a 15 million contract for no reason. They didn't need him. They barely got anything out of him. All they did was steal him away from us and then trade him to another stupid team.

BigShasta likes this.