1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I hate this, but nuggets plan worked like a genius

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Samiam1234, May 7, 2019.

1. Samiam1234

Samiam1234 Member

Nuggets are one of my least favorite five teams, and they got there by pulling the dirty scheme of tanking on purpose to avoid us, drop the rockets to four seed and possibly eliminating Harden from MVP race.. I know we lost to OKC, but we lost a game on the road, which was basically a do or die game for OKC, by choking a double digit lead in the fourth.. but many other things had to fall in place for nuggets for them to get second seed and us to get fourth.. Now they are favored to get to conference finals.. Not to mention the rox vs warriors is living up to the hype of being series of the entire playoffs and the two teams will probably take this to the last round.. the big four in warriors are all logging over 40 minutes, even rockets are logging close to 40 minutes.. Not to mention the physicality and psychological effort is probably draining both teams. Don't get me wrong either team will probably beat (most probably) nuggets.. but i think the series will go 6 against either team.. which is the best case scenario for them..

HorryForThree likes this.
  2. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

if fuking silver were to somehow permit us to get past the worriers, the ass nuggets would be going down in 4-5 games

3. dejamike

dejamike Member

I don’t think it matters that much if we want to win the ship. We still have to get thru GSW, therefore it doesn’t matter we played them the second round or third.

4. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

The nuggets plan will STILL not work .

They will get destroyed in WCF no matter who they play . Both teams are too fast for them .

5. icewill36

icewill36 Member

but that is still a success for them. for a team to miss the playoffs, then get to the WCF is a major leap and something to be proud of.

it only would have been a major failure for them to lose in round 1, which they almost did. even a loss to portland isnt that bad because they would also have lost to us anyway in round 2 if their stunt didnt work.

ramotadab and snowconeman22 like this.
  6. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

It was clearly the smart play at the time and the plan has absolutely worked, granted with some luck. They can beat Portland and having a conference finals run is great not only for fan interest, but for acquiring other players.

But they're getting curbstomped by us. GS might lose focus and make it more competitive than it should be, but the Rockets can open their rotation back up and will go on the rampage if we get through this.

7. Samiam1234

Samiam1234 Member

someone in nuggets staff leaked they have no ambition of going to the final.. they know this group lacks the takent, they wanted to go as deep in the playoffs to get their guys the experience thats needed for future.. their team of stars are only 23.5 years old..

snowconeman22 and BigShasta like this.
  8. Reeko

Reeko Member

I would rather face GS in the 2nd round while Harden and the rest of the team are fresher.

HOU can still beat a team like Denver or Portland after going 6 or 7 games with GS.

It’s not like Denver is breezing through the playoffs anyways. They needed 7 games to get past San Antonio, and they might need 7 to get past Portland.

9. True Rocket

True Rocket Member

Nuggets going to be scary next year with Michael Porter Jr. He could’ve been a starter his senior year in high school.

10. icewill36

icewill36 Member

i dont think its that they dont have the talent. they have a lot of guys that can get buckets. i think its because rockets and warriors are two teams that seem to be able to take advantage of their best player jokic. its not like they can bench him. he seems to destroy every other team.

but i dont give a damn ill worry about WCF later. ROX are in a war with warriors lets take care of them first.

11. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

they couldnt beat the spurs in 4-5 games so their plan sucks. the extra rest they would've got in that series was a huge part of their "master plan". i still have blazers in 7.

12. YOLO

YOLO Member

dang there's porter fanboys still. interesting

porter jr is going to make denver scary? oh boy

hakeem94 likes this.
  13. cebu

cebu Member

I believe in our team. the best time to face Warriors are early in the playoffs so we have fresh legs. It's risky and businesswise not desirable but if our end goal is to win the championships, Nuggets are chickens.

RyanB likes this.
  14. Zergling

Zergling Member

If we beat the Warriors, it was worth playing them now instead of waiting for another catastrophic injury.

alethios, derp, RyanB and 2 others like this.
  15. True Rocket

True Rocket Member

He’s playing in the summer league, so we will see. Injuries aside, he is a 6’11 athletic SG/SF/PF who is an elite shooter, can handle and create his own shot. I’m very high on him if he can overcome his back issues.

16. Reeko

Reeko Member

Denver went 7 against SA and will probably go 7 against Portland. A lot of their games have gone down to the wire, and they just played a 4 OT game that had Jokic playing 65 minutes. If anything, they’ll be more worn out than either GS or HOU.

HOU should be able to handle Denver no problem in a WCF series as they head towards the finals.

luckyman76 and derp like this.
  17. YOLO

YOLO Member

we've heard this before. meh

derp likes this.
  18. Zergling

Zergling Member

Yeah but just getting to the WCF is still great for fanfare, marketing, revenue for the franchise, perhaps increased attraction for free agents, etc.

Plus, you just never know. The only reason we kill Denver is Capela. What if he gets hurt or sick again?

hakeem94 and snowconeman22 like this.
  19. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

The Nuggets plan "worked"

But it took a series of 4 improbable events to make it happen

Rockets: Harden misses a FT and George hits a 3 nearly at the buzzer
    Blazers: Mo Harkless hits a buzzer beating 3 to beat the lakers and then the next night make one of the most improbably comebacks ever
    Nuggets: Make a furious comeback with under 3 minutes to go to win.

Its not quite the 1 in 14 million Avengers style but it was definitely one of those situations where someone would say "you better go buy a lottery ticket man"

Dutchrudder!, Surfguy, Drogba and 2 others like this.
  20. True Rocket

True Rocket Member

He hasn’t gotten the chance to play since his senior season when he was the best high school player. I get it though, to many questions with his health. The talent is their.