1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I hate this, but nuggets plan worked like a genius

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Samiam1234, May 7, 2019.

1. YOLO

YOLO Member

talent is there in dozens of other players we hear about every single year. this isn't really any different.

2. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

I was taking to my good friend about this, well kind of.

I like Denver and Portland, I think Denver wins he thinks Portland.

But I don’t think either team can win more than 1 game against either Hou or GS.

And if Denver plays Hou they might get swept.

Hou and GS are just playing at a different level then anyone else in the playoffs. There playing real championship basketball were every possession matters.

These other teams are just not ready for that.

Rockets are two physical and mentally tough plus just have better players and obviously GS is the champs and the most talented team in the league.

Onother team has a chance except the bucks because Giannis is unique but I don’t think there others are ready for the possession game and Giannis might not be ready either.

Hou and Gs clearly are ready.

3. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Blame the Rockets for ****ing off that last game at OKC. Blow a huge lead and the securing of a 2 seed.

deb4rockets likes this.
  4. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

Not really.. It's more on US for losing the OKC game.

Rockets/Warriors are clearly the ones running the West. You have to seriously think of it from a mental standpoint. If the Rockets can finally destory this demon that been haunting them for years. We are now going to be playing Lillard/CJ/Kanter or Joker/Murray/Milsap. From KD/Klay/Curry... that's a huge drop off in talent. Yes, no matter the team we can lose. However, how the Rockets been playing of late... I can't see games going past 5.

5. True Rocket

True Rocket Member

I guess I’m bias, because I’ve seen him multiple times in real life. I’ve also saw Jayson Tatum in high school. MPJ was considered the better player. He’s literally Durant’s clone. Not everyone is a special talent like him.

6. YOLO

YOLO Member

certainly sound like it

again, theres clones and hype every single year. more of the same. next

7. smp

smp Member

I think the Nuggets plan has worked out well for the Rockets so far. GS had to play a scrappy Clippers team and got banged up a little. We got tested against an elite Utah defense but stayed healthy. It also gave us a chance to work some things out with the Butt defense we may see in the finals.

Now we are playing GS at full strength. It’s our best shot at them. We are tied up 2-2. Their starters are logging big minutes. We are playing more physical too. GS starters had to climb up off the floor quite a few times yesterday. Tucker dished out some hard fouls. CP3 got in a few shots. Harden is like a running back and the person trying to hurt him just ends up getting hurt (Curry and KD).

If we get through GS we are going to be ready for anything. Portland and Denver haven’t seen the defensive intensity we have. They won’t be ready for it.

We also got to avoid OKC. I like Denver’s plan. Thanks Nuggets.

8. AzCkR

AzCkR Member

who the hell cares what they did, we just need to win the chip

what they did, whether on purpose or not, doesn't change how bad i want us to win the chip

9. juanm34

juanm34 Member

Rockets will win in 4!

hakeem94 likes this.
  10. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

At this point, who cares? We were going to have to play the Warriors one way or another. Denver (or Portland) was going to have to go through us or GS. If it's good enough for them to just be in the WCF, that's their problem.

At this point, my only care is that the Denver/Portland series goes at least as long as ours...which it appears it will.

deb4rockets, daywalker02 and YOLO like this.
  11. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

*IF* they beat Portland which I cannot guarantee

Rocket River
    Silver would explode in his pants if he can get a Jocic/Giannis finals

12. rocks123

rocks123 Member

wanting to sweep the nuggets is the extra gravy i want in beating gsw this second round. like you think you can ducked us huh.. you punks.

13. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

It wasn't about us .... It was about their road.

What they did were able to do was smart …. if they were the 4 they could potentially have to face GSW in the 2nd round and Houston in the Conference finals (assuming they got past GSW). As it stands now , they only have to face one or the other in the conference finals.

deb4rockets and hakeem94 like this.
  14. rockets13champs

Nuggets =Jazz

15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Nuggets best franchise achievement were the WCF appearances with Melo and in the 80s.

16. YallMean

YallMean Member

What is their plan that is detrimental to us?

Had we finished 2, we would have played the Clippers which was not going to be an easy round and probably more difficult than the Jazz. Then we face the Nugs at altitude, facing Joker at least 4 times is not a fun business either. Then if we are not banged up already we will meet the Warriors. I like this right now.

smp and hakeem94 like this.
  17. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Don’t care about the nuggets, the bucks though might be the best team remaining in the playoffs

18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

The most inexperienced super team though. Worriers are still the most experienced and they might have a problem.

hakeem94 likes this.
  19. photojoe

photojoe Member

The Nuggets plan was to try go make it as far in the playoffs as possible. A WCF appearance would be considered a successful season for them. Good for them.

For us, we have much bigger aspirations. Our goal is a championship, and to do that we would need to beat the Warriors. If we lose to the Warriors- whether in the second round or WCF doesn't matter. Eithrt way would be considered a disappointment for us. Curse of higher expectations I guess.

20. freemaniam

freemaniam 我是自由人

I could be the minority here thinking we have the better chance to beat worriers by playing them earlier in the playoff than playing them in the conference finals.

YallMean likes this.