1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lillard better than Harden?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by digitallinh, May 9, 2016.

?

Who gets us more wins?

1. Harden

69.1%
  2. Lillard

30.9%
  1. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I'd really like for them to explain and answer this.

You are right! Yeah! That's why when Harden played with Westbrook and Durant he was super seflish and cared nothing about the team. In fact he was offered to start and said no, Harden was so seflish!

If only Harden wasn't so selfish maybe Beverly, or Thornton, or someone else would break out like McCollum!

What? So wait, Corey Brewer is missing wide open shots because Harden isn't putting in the effort?

So does this apply for every other superstar? How many years did we watch Lebron try and drag a team to wins? Just last year Love was playing so bad they thought to trade him. Was it Lebron's fault that Love played bad?

2. Blaster_333

Blaster_333 Member

This guy must be a JBBOF, so many Corey Brewer arguments.

Can't get any more objective than that, as if anything in this thread could be objective, at least I know what I'm saying is just an opinion.

3. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Well, according to some Harden is responsible for guys missing open shots.

If Brewer clanks a three, Harden's fault.

If Ariza dribbles off his foot, Harden's fault.

If Dwight fumbles the ball out of bounds trying to post up, yep that too is Harden's fault.

4. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

Well kind of. If some of the Rockets role player played with Lebron, then they would be consider good solid role players most likely!

5. Zergling

Zergling Member

Unlike the real world, in professional sports, it is in your best interest to perform well regardless of your surroundings. That's because when you're a free agent, if your stats are good, you will get PAID HANDSOMELY.

I think you've demonstrated you have no idea how any of this works.

6. digitallinh

digitallinh Member

Do I have no idea really? Is it really black and white as you say?

What about 75% effort? is 75% effort good enough to win a championship? what about 50% effort? Do guys who put in 50% effort get paid?

What about guys who never fulfill their full potential? Do they not get paid? How long have you been watching sports?

7. oogie boogie

oogie boogie Member

What the hell are you talking about, dude lol? You make no sense. I have no idea what you're trying to accomplish here. All you do is try to make people look dumb instead of actually trying to discuss your reasoning. You don't have any reasoning. The only thing you add to this board is another post count to the entire board. That's it. I haven't seen you try to make any basketball talk in this thread. What is even your purpose? If you're not here to talk about Lillard and Harden then you need to get out of here with all of your nonsense.

You act like you've never had a discussion before.

8. digitallinh

digitallinh Member

Yes, Harden was a better leader last year. For one, he put in a lot more consistent effort on the defensive end all year. Came in to camp focused, in shape, after team USA -- the team rallied around him.

We had a top 10 defense last year with largely the same players, and the difference was mostly effort and communication.

Brewer still can't shoot, but everyone played much better defensively, which is really the difference between this year and last.

9. oogie boogie

oogie boogie Member

Thank you. What were their reasonings though. I think you (or someone) might have posted a link about that in this thread, but I didn't click it. Were they all giving Lillard the complete credit for turning it around after starting 11-20?

10. Shaud

Shaud Member

They are all at least debatable if you have this discussion on an NBA forum instead of an Houston Rockets forum

11. Shaud

Shaud Member

Win Shares had Derozan ranked over George , Lillard, and Butler. I'd take all 3 over Derozan and that was before the playoffs started

12. Postcall

Postcall Member

This season Lillard for sure overall probably Garden going forward I don't know to be honest.

13. Postcall

Postcall Member

14. Harden's beard

Yes, but

Butler had better WS/48, Ortg than DeRozan

George, Butler had better Drtg than DeRozan

George , Lillard, and Butler had better TS%, RPM, BPM, VORP than DeRozan

There are plenty of evidence that suggests those 3 players had better season than DeRozan

But there is no such thing when it comes to Lillard and Harden comparison

It's one thing if a player has an edge in certain areas but falls behind in others

But if the evidence shows that player A is consistently better than player B across the board, you can't just ignore that.

15. Jontro

Jontro Member

Nope, I think it's still MerGady's fault. I think he still takes responsibility even years later.

16. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Win shares is naturally biased towards players on winning teams. Players that contribute a lot to teams that win a lot will get higher scores. Players that contribute a lot to teams that aren't as successful will get lower scores

How do you think Harden was unfairly helped by this metric with a team that barely finished .500 vs Lillard whose team finished with more wins?

17. Zergling

Zergling Member

If the Rockets get Durant and a great C like Horford or Cousins, and a bunch of good shooters this offseason, the team will magically win a lot more games.

Hopefully the clowns in this thread instead attribute all the credit to Harden's incredible leadership skills, just to be consistent.

18. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Lillard the real MVP. He gets stronger every game.

19. digitallinh

digitallinh Member

I love how hard the entire Portland team plays on every possession. It's kept them in almost every game of this series.

Kudos to Lillard/Stotts for building that culture.

20. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Hi Digital lin fan.

I think I figured out the problem with your thread.

In this country, when you have a HOT TAKE like "I think LILLARD is better than HARDEN and I'm gonna say it forever no matter what u guys say!" - it is customary to caution readers with a caliente header like

¡¡HOT TAKE ALERT!!

Rather than a poll. Then let your scorching HOT TAKE flow like magma.

This avoids confusion and frustration on all sides.