1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lillard better than Harden?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by digitallinh, May 9, 2016.

?

Who gets us more wins?

1. Harden

69.1%
  2. Lillard

30.9%
  1. Harden's beard

D-mo's post game was palpably worse compared to the last season. If D-mo was as good as you suggest, then the coach would have played him more. Plain and simple.

Also, Portland has much more talent than Houston, especially offensively. It doesn't matter what some analysts said before the season, that's the reality.

2. Zergling

Zergling Member

If you claim basketball is a team sport, then why is only Harden being held accountable for the Rockets struggles? Why is Lillard being solely credited for Portland's unexpected rise to the 4 seed? Complete contradiction. There are clear, tangible reasons why Portland had a better season than Houston and you named exactly zero of them.

3. Zergling

Zergling Member

More relevant to the discussion than the Harden hate rhetoric:

- CJ McCollum would get us more wins than Brewer, Terry, Thornton
    - Ed Davis would get us more wins than TJones, DMo, Smith, Beasley
    - #PlayoffAminu would get us more wins than #PlayoffAriza
    - Mason Plumlee would get us more wins than Dwight
    - Terry Stotts would be able to coach the team into a few more wins than Bickerstaff

And by the way? Portland isn't even significantly better than the Rockets. In fact, the last time they played (@ Portland):

http://espn.go.com/nba/recap?id=400828746

4. Blaster_333

Blaster_333 Member

You mean Lillard doesn't shove his hand up Plumlee's ass and reconfigure his organs to increase their talent? That's what I thought but thanks for clearing it up.

A leader sets the example, embodies the culture of the team, in Portland's case it was everyone having a voice to speak up, empowering them, as a result they can push themselves to work harder and get better, and buy into the team concept. So everyone leads on this team, but it starts with Lillard and Stotts.

That's what his teammates say, not me, I don't know wtf is happening, but what they say is consistent with what's on the court.

For the Rockets, whatever, they're just assets compiled together according to the GM. I guess JET and Bev were the leaders, and they tried their best.

5. Blaster_333

Blaster_333 Member

I think I'll listen to the actual players and coach's reasoning. Good effort though lol.

6. Zergling

Zergling Member

So were the Rockets last year more than just assets compiled together? Was Harden a better leader than Lillard last year? Were the Rockets better than the Blazers last year at everyone having a voice to speak up and being empowered? Did they work harder and better and bought into the team concept better?

After all, Harden's team went to the WCF while the Blazers (with Aldridge) lost in the 1st round.

7. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

So basically: "I look like an idiot---hence everybody else is a weirdo."

Are you projecting? You do realize that the only reason I threw a 1-liner at you was because you spent an insane amount of time trying to dupe people with a block of text, when it was clear you were just wasting your time thinking you were being clever.

Even now, checking back 8 hrs later I'm seeing blocks of crap I probably won't glance at knowing your posting history. Fan boys like you need to get a life, but even if you don't its hilarious for the rest of us to see you thinking the same about others.

Don't fail us uuugaa wooga

8. Crashlanded19

Crashlanded19 Member

Clutchfans is a weird place during the offseason.

9. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Lillard was better this year

10. 2k1

2k1 Member

11. digitallinh

digitallinh Member

haha, if Harden was on the Blazers, Mccollum would be a backup playing 15 mins a night, and Blazers would probably miss the playoffs, but Harden's gonna get his, dont worry.

12. digitallinh

digitallinh Member

What a joke. Great leaders can come in the form of a coach, but ideally it comes in the form of a Coach + Top player. Like Kerr-Green, Pop-TD, Spo-Lebron, Carlise-Dirk, Jackson-Kobe.... All those guys put in unreal comittment/leadership/intangibles the years they won it all. Harden isn't on that level yet. We won't win a chip until Harden figures it out, or we bring someone in to lead us.

Anyone that says intangibles are meaningless has probably never collaborated on anything in their lives.

13. digitallinh

digitallinh Member

How do people say leadership doesn't matter yet for some reason think chemistry does?

14. digitallinh

digitallinh Member

Yes, because if your best player isn't putting in the effort, why should you?

IF your manager at work isn't working hard, why should you?

15. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

I can't say with a straight face yes or no on this matter.

My heart says no, my head says maybe.

16. pippsux

pippsux Member

Harden regressed big time this year.....and doesn't look like he is willing to improve his game or take the next step which is shame cause he could be so much better.
    Lillard is better this season just for carrying his no star team to the 2 nd round of the playoffs.

17. Harden's beard

18. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

There is not a single objective measure to say Lillard is better than Harden on either end of the court. Not one.

19. apollo33

apollo33 Member

yeah except this isn't what this thread about at all, this thread is about Lillard being better than Harden because he is arbitrarily a better motivator.

Intangibles means nothing with coaching and talent, if you don't know this you have never followed competitive sports.

Coaching and systems are way more important than individual player being "great leaders"

Where were Kobe's leadership and intangibles without Shaq and Gasol, oh that's right, 8th seed every year and never getting out of the first round.

20. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Yeah role player are just mindless drones that have no responsibility of their own actions, I mean Brewer goes 0-30 from three point land because of Harden's leadership right :rolleyes: