1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Zach Lowe's brilliant conspiracy theory about the Harden trade to the Nets.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by blahblehblah, Feb 15, 2022.

1. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

Zach Lowe's hilarious and brillant conspiracy theory. Zach's (not serious) theory was that it was all planned by Morey, Tilman and Harden from the start.

The scheme is as follows:

1. After the debacle that was the Westbrook trade, Tilman, Morey & Harden knew that their window was closed and it was time to rebuild.

2. Morey left for the Sixers and Harden demanded a trade with Tilman's secret blessing.

3. Harden wanted to go to the Sixers, but Tilman didn't want Simmons and instead wanted the most draft picks.

4. They therefore conspired to bilk all the picks from the Nets who they knew would be interested due to Harden and KD getting together in the summer.

5. With the ploy that Morey and Tilman hated each other they kept raising the price for Harden until the Nets gave up everything they had.

6. Harden goes to the Nets knowing he would force his way out a year later, devaluing those picks while forcing the Nets to trade him to the Sixers.

7. Tilman benefits from getting better picks while Morey gets Harden for a reduce price.

8. The Nets are none the wiser... until they listen to the Lowe Post.
    Frankly I almost wish this was true because it's just so ingenious, cutthroat and diabolical, unfortunately we know this isn't true because Tilman is a buffoon... Again to be clear Lowe is mostly joking though he also wished it were true so he could write the book on it 10-20 years later. Its like the sports version of the movies "The Usual Suspect" and "Matchstick Men".

2. Reeko

Reeko Member

gives Tilman way too much credit

if Tilman refuses to trade with Philly, then Harden will choose BK knowing it gives him a good chance of winning a title, and if all else fails, he can easily force a trade to Philly from there

if Kyrie was normal or KD never got hurt, Harden would still be in BK right now

edit - Did OP just copy and paste someone’s comment on Reddit word for word? At least give that person credit lol

#2 Reeko, Feb 15, 2022
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2022
    Deckard, Ottomaton, napalm06 and 9 others like this.
  3. jim1961

jim1961 Member

The only part I think is true is that they all, individually, contrived to leave long before they actually did so. I don't think they planned it from the beginning together.

Now, what is more than possible, even likely, is that as each individual plan unfolded, certain elements, namely Morey and Harden, saw mutual advantage and aligned purposes in what they were doing. Did they go as far as to qualify for tampering? I don't know. But it looks suspicious.

The other thing is, we don't know right now if the Nets picks will get better because of Hardens departure or not. Brooklyn got a pretty good haul for Harden and got pieces back that arguably fit together better than with Harden on the team.

Stephen_A likes this.
  4. i3artow i3aller

5. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Yeah it does. I doubt that guy has the foresight to unzip before pissing. No way he could have seen this coming.

Deckard, jiggyfly, Will and 8 others like this.
  6. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

thats me on reddit

Deckard, jch1911, Jontro and 2 others like this.
  7. Reeko

Reeko Member

With the GSW flair?

T for 3, clutchdabear and HP3 like this.
  8. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

None of that makes any real sense.

groovemachine likes this.
  9. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

oh snap!

jiggyfly likes this.
  10. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

I'm not a diehard fan of any team and tend to change my flair to which is more interesting/entertaining. Loved the warriors in 2013-16. Was super bored of them in 17-20.

I basically treat sports like i do books, tv, movies, cars and tech. I'm only a customer if I find it entertaining or interesting.

ExTexanNowEastCoast, Jontro and HP3 like this.
  11. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

That's nothing. I was a Mavs fan in the 2020 season!

Jontro likes this.
  12. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

...and they knew Kyrie would refuse to get Vaccinated

....and New York would have a vax mandate

...and the plot thickens

13. Sean Dr34ms

Sean Dr34ms Member

Wait, so do we ban OP for being a GSW and Mavs fan?

Deckard, jiggyfly, RedIsen and 9 others like this.
  14. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

What part of that genius plan had us trade a young all-star center for a projected late first?

D-rock, Richie_Rich and HP3 like this.
  15. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

Lowe didn't say they were all geniuses!

D-rock likes this.
  16. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I'm sure you're a nice guy, but I can't stand people like you! :D

Deckard, D-rock, RedIsen and 8 others like this.
  17. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Too bad the nets got less valuable last week. I am afraid that team has a brighter outlook than the one that had harden leaving in FA next year.

18. Sean Dr34ms

Sean Dr34ms Member

I have a good friend who’s always “just been a fan of basketball” and will root for basically the best or hottest team of the season.

I hate it because he’s very rarely met with disappointment and doesn’t understand all the sadness we feel lmao.

Deckard, D-rock, Jontro and 1 other person like this.
  19. PuzzledFan

PuzzledFan Member

I believe it was all a ploy to land Oladipo.

20. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

Well Rockets have Nets picks from 2024-2027 and contingent on Durant’s level of play if he is even still with the team at that point. He will be a UFA IN 2023 and 38 in 2027. Will Kyrie be with the team as well? A lot of unknowns. But I like the chances.