1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Are the Pelicans toast? We're watching Thunder at Pelicans -- Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

[YouTube] Fight at the US Open

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by SwoLy-D, Sep 3, 2010.

1. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

The whole crowd sided against the guy, it was blatantly obvious.

No matter how big a dick the guy was, the woman smacked him. He didn't retaliate, but still they decided to hit him again, even when both sides were returning to their designated seats.

2. Northside Storm

Northside Storm Contributing Member

young guy is a dick and all that

but if young guy was trained in any sort of combat, old guy would actually be dead.

moral of the story-unless you're friggin jackie chan, don't pick fights with strangers.

(in case the old people in this forum were wondering, I've got a yellow belt. don't be s***-talking me!!!111)

3. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

Today, in line at HEB, I had about 12 - 15 items in ten item or less line and the guy behind me asked if I new how to count. I told him I didn't have ten items in the cart before I got in line (I bought a few thing while I was waiting, chips drinks ect.) but if he wanted to go outside and talk about we could. He imediately started back tracking and mumbled "no" along with some other stuff.

Like you said, you never know with strangers. I didn't really feel like getting into it at HEB, so I'm glad he said no.

4. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

wow you are a douchebag.

5. tmoney1101

If you're going to b**** at someone you don't know for something as small as having a few more items than they should in the speedy line, that makes you a douche bag. If you have nothing better to do than worry about what other people are doing. You're probably that guy. That sucks.

6. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

I side with the younger guy. Getting slapped in the face and not doing anything back takes a lot.

7. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

You asked him to go outside because he questioned your ability to count? lol.

8. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

Damn, some people take life way too seriously. Like that guy behind you in line. I would just laugh it off. An extra 3-4 items maybe takes the cashier like an extra ten seconds to clear.

Normally, when I stand in line, I grab a magazine from the rack and just read it. I learn a few new things and it helps pass the time.

9. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

Asian?

1 person likes this.
  10. New Jack

New Jack Member

yet you're willing to challenge a guy to a fight in the parking lot for something as small as a comment about your ability to count?

1 person likes this.
  11. tmoney1101

He asked me if I could count and along with his attitude, it really pissed me off. I was hung over and didn't feel like having a stranger b**** at me.

12. tmoney1101

He stopped b****ing at me.

13. tmoney1101

Dude, I haven't picked a fight in years, the guy just really rubbed me the wrong way. What can I say?

#93 tmoney1101, Sep 3, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2010
  14. wekko368

wekko368 Member

Why is it you think that the rules don't apply to you?

Regardless of how insignificant they might be, they're there for a reason, and by shopping at that store, you're obligated to follow them.

15. tmoney1101

So because I had say 9 items and picked up a couple drinks and a bag of chips in line, I should have the people behind me move out of the way so I can go get in another line?

16. wekko368

wekko368 Member

Yes. No one in line would've complained about getting one space closer to the cashier.

Either that or put the drinks/chips back.

If you think you should be able to slide by with 12 items, then where does it stop? 15? 20? 30? 50?

17. tmoney1101

Wow, ok, bro. I'm sure that's what you would of done. They put that **** there so you can buy it. It took the cashier all of about 30 seconds to ring me up. That guy should have just thought it, instead of saying it, and gone about his merry way. And so we're not confused the guy was about twice my size and older so it's not like I was picking on a "little guy".

18. Eric Riley

Eric Riley Contributing Member

Where the conversation should have ended...

...but you entered douchebag territory instead.

LOL at wanting to start something at a grocery store.

19. tmoney1101

I didn't want to start anything, I wanted him to shut up and he did. I know what I did wasn't the only way to do it, but it worked, fast. I think I've adequately explained myself to you fellows, I'm done.

20. wekko368

wekko368 Member

Actually, I don't waste time on those impulse items. I buy my chips/candies in bulk.

And if I did exceed the 10 items and was called out on it, I'd either put items back, change lines, or let the guy get in front of me. It's common courtesy.

In the future, you should rethink your strategy of challenging strangers to fights. It's a good way to get yourself seriously hurt.