1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[YouTube] Fight at the US Open

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by SwoLy-D, Sep 3, 2010.

1. RocketRaccoon

RocketRaccoon Contributing Member

Like you know what went down. :rolleyes:

Maybe you should take your own advise.

2. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

Respect your take and please don't think I'm looking for a fight. VERY few things get me as angry as this but disrespecting my family is sadly one of them and maybe a flaw in my character, but strictly to me, is something I can not let pass.

1 person likes this.
  3. AggieDentist

AggieDentist Member

irrespective of the fault that can be doled out in this video, that fall the old man took was bad. someone half his age might have been able to walk away unscathed, but i'm sure the old guy broke something. that fall was painful to watch.

4. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

What if the woman started it?

From what little we could see it looked like she was the one that was instigating the entire thing....

DD

5. rockets934life

Completely different then, I stated in an earlier post that if she went "Jersey Shore" then I would handle it differently. My assumption is that the guy, from his body language, was being very aggressive and instigating the argument.

Saying this, without knowing what happened I can't defend the old guy either.

6. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I know many of you will disagree, but, IMO, the party that escalates words to physical action is always wrong. The older couple is lucky the guy didn't know how to fight or they could have been seriously hurt. That was a very stupid thing for the old man to do. He acted like a r****d.

I have no sympathy at all for people who start the physicality and end up getting whipped, bloodied and hurt. The old man lucked out big time. The woman was fortunate she didn't get drilled in the mouth and lose some teeth. She should have gone straight to the old man and stayed with him to make sure he was OK.

7. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Damn. That's what it looks like from the top of Ashe Stadium?

Pretty damn scary.

8. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

OK, rockets934life. :grin: I am not getting the "Jersey Shore" references since I don't watch that show, man, that must be why I can't see what you mean about "if" on the woman part.

Dude, just DON'T FIGHT. DON'T BE THE FIRST ONE TO THROW A PUNCH. Can you agreee with me on that? :confused: If no, that's cool.

I think that everyone here will agree that if someone touches our significant other, we will be ENRAGED and almost (where is Raven Lunatic when you need him?) to the point of wanting to massacre someone. Heck, I weigh a buck o'five and I will fight a big mully if he touches Mrs. SwoLy... but I will NEVER throw the first punch because whatever you say, no matter HOW BADLY YOU DISRESPECT ANYONE, will never make me do that.

Old man and lady should have asked politely ONE TIME, then a second time so everyone notices they did, and then called security to ask THE THUGS to keep profanities down.

9. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

If you take it from a verbal fight to a physical one, then you are the one to blame.

Sure, the kid may have said something about the guys wife, and he has every right to try to defend her....but that doesnt mean he isnt to blame.

The young dude could have fought back much harder, but he refrained as much as possible.

From what we see here, the old man got off easy. Not sure what he was thinking, but his judgment was heavily flawed.

10. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

If you're picking a fight with an old dude, you're pretty much a loser.

2 people like this.
  11. DaDakota

Is that what it was about? They were asking him to stop cursing?

DD

12. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

What in the WORLD could they have possibly been arguing about? Looks like it wasn't a dispute over seats, as everyone seemed to have seats. Maybe the young guy was drunk and cursing all night and that led up to it? The lady finally got fed up and told him to cut it out? Need more info.

The old guy is probably a WWII vet and those guys don't take crap from anyone no matter what age. As well they shouldn't.

13. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Regardless of what was said, its called being an adult and knowing that a conversation was going no where. Instead the old guy escalated it by going after the kid. That's sure MATURE of him.

14. DaDakota

Watched it again...so it looks like the old guy jumped him, got pushed.....and fell...ouch and then the old lady grabbed him by the throat and tried to punch him.

I mean...the dude may have been cursing but the old couple looks to be completely in the wrong here.

DD

15. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

^ ima,
    I think so. Read the info on the YouTurd page, sir. :eek:
    I also don't why or how the video guy didn't put on his description what he did to help the situation or show the video to the authorities that apprehended one person who may not have been at fault. :( He says "Don't worry dude, I gotcha here!" on the recording, but... did he really help clear the situation?

I'm just going by what is going on in the video, nothing else. :eek:

16. rockets934life

I actually don't watch JShore much either but noticed the females are pretty aggressive and not so nice so that is what I mean by that.

I will agree on most points but if my wife gets called a W$%$#e and a B$#%$h and doesn't deserve it...then we have issues. I haven't and won't look to start a fight ever but in this case, I believe, the young guy started the issue verbally. It might end up that the lady was in the wrong and the young guy was the victim, doubt it, but that would change EVERYTHING.

I will agree that they probably should have asked a security guard to remove the guy or at least someone around them should have but it didn't appear like one was in the area.

17. DaDakota

If the video is on Youtube, then the young guy can use it as evidence......if he got cuffed and the old couple didn't that is just not right.

DD

18. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

Anybody laugh when they saw the punk's buddy just walk away and sit a few flights up?

The fake lip reading was funny too. Never has hand gestures looked more douchey.

19. Royals Ego

Royals Ego Member

young man: please dude, tell ya girl to shut up

20. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

So if the old guy is being a prick, someone should just take it because of the "age" factor?

After they tumbled down the seats, the young guy got up and could have completely pummeled the old guy as he was laying there upside down...but, he didnt, most probably because the guy is old. When it comes to physical fights, I can most definitely say that fighting with someone of senior citizen status is uncalled for...however, if you are talking about a verbal fight, then age has absolutely nothing to do with it.