1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Your Future Direction for the Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jsmee2000, Jul 26, 2012.

?

If you were GM of the Rockets, what options would you consider pursing for this seaso

1. 1: Keep the recently signed rookies and save the salary cap flexibility for the future

30 vote(s)
    34.9%
  2. Option 2: Trade with the Orlando Magic for Dwight Howard for a sensible package.

14 vote(s)
    16.3%
  3. Option 3: Trade with the Orland Magic and Los Angeles Lakers for Andrew Bynum.

15 vote(s)
    17.4%
  4. Option 1 + Option 2

11 vote(s)
    12.8%
  5. Option 2 + Option 3

4 vote(s)
    4.7%
  6. All options!

12 vote(s)
    14.0%
  1. jsmee2000

jsmee2000 Contributing Member

I am curious about what is the current thinking of Rockets fan as far as the future direction that the team should take considering the latest news that came out yesterday regarding Dwight Howard.

Correction: That should have been Option 1 for the first bullet.

#1 jsmee2000, Jul 26, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2012
  2. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

Trade for Dwight, if it looks like he's gonna bolt, trade him for Bynum.

3. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

Barely beat out the best offer for Howard now that the little leverage the magic is basically gone. Then go after Wilson Chandler and Koufos with unguaranteed contracts, a future 1st, Jones (when restriction is up), and Morris. Chandler's contract is secretly a bargain and is also buried behind Gallo and Affalo. And with Lawson in for a payday, they'd be wise to clear some money off the books for him.

4. Wapzoe

Wapzoe Member

I'd prefer to facilitate and get Bynum at minimal cost to us, hopefully just being a pack mule for a bad contract and giving up expiring or non guarantees.

Bynum said he would resign with us, hopefully he meant it because that would theoretically make us a legit contender in two or so years, if some of the rooks pan out.

5. jsmee2000

I am posting my answer here as I didn't want to impose my train of thought in the OP.

My first choice is still to trade for DH (Option 2). I believe that the new CBA will keep DH from leaving the Rockets if we trade for him. DH wanted BKN when Rockets had the best chance/package to land him. So he insisted that he would not resign with the Rockets. To me this is nothing more than a scare tactic out of desperation. Now that BKN is out of the picture, the glitziest of the possibilities is the LAL. But still the Rockets have the best chance/package to land DH. So no surprise when we find out that DH is attempting to scare the Rockets management again. So to me this is the best option.

However, I would commit to Option 1 if Orlando is asking for too much and doesn't budge. I would not under any circumstance settle for Option 3. That would be making another team in the West stronger for years to come. I am not even sure that Bynum could lead a team. I am also not sure that the trade package would be much different as LAL do not have much to offer and ORL wants the best that they can get. I would expect the package to be the same minus one expiring contract going to LAL.

Therefore, I voted for Option 1 + Option 2.

6. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

2 and 4 are the same answer. Sensible means you keep most of the rooks.

7. OremLK

OremLK Member

This is going to wind up looking skewed because there is only one option for standing pat and a bunch of options for making a blockbuster trade.

All that people who don't want Dwight/Bynum get pooled into one box, whereas the people who DO want Dwight/Bynum are split every which way.

8. jsmee2000

This poll is not about want --- its about what you are willing to consider.

I want Dwight even after yesterday's news! Heck, I would make that a strong want. But I am willing to consider staying as is with minor tweaks. What I wouldn't consider is trading for Bynum.

Besides, if you really wanted to you could aggregate some of the numbers to get an approximate picture of want.

9. RyanB

RyanB Member

it should be 1+2 or 1+3 not 2+3!!

1 person likes this.
  10. Naismith

Naismith Member

All Options,
    Obvious
    naismith

11. jsmee2000

You sir are partially correct. I am missing an entry for Option 1 + Option 3. Damn it! I had tainted polls and here I created on. Anyhow, I have given you rep for pointing my egregious error.

Nonetheless, I still think it is an interesting question. What are you willing to do as opposed to which one do you prefer.

12. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

Only for people who cannot understand a poll. I really do not understand you concern.

1 person likes this.
  13. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

All the options :D

14. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

It is simple, the option 1.