1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

You know your team is in a bad place when

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by snowconeman22, Jan 16, 2023.

1. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

When the best way to remain a rockets fans is to stop watching the games

Seriously yall , how many games per year did you guys watch from 2013-2020 ? How.many minutes per game did you keep the game on?

What have those rates gone to the last couple of years?

I watched a game the other day and it wasn't half bad . I mean I knew we were gonna lose , so you temper expectations. First 3q were tight then the other team went on a run and the game ended quickly

Unfortunately, I only have the stomach to watch the rockets about once a week. Purposely losing will do that to an audience . Not very entertaining .

And for those of yall that say
    Watching a young athletic team is entertaining... well yall lying, not this team.

Roomba, Aruba77, Le$$ and 1 other person like this.
  2. Reeko

Reeko Member

people really on here thinking Tate should be the PG…that’s how I know we are truly desperate and in the pits of hell

3. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

the Bad Place™ thread Clutch Fans deserve

4. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

....3/4 of your roster are 22 or younger.

Seriously, we're in talent acquisition via the draft mode at this point...in the kitchen, cookin from scratch. And, contrary to what some think, there's a whole lot of tankin goin on. Subtle, and not so subtle. It's not going to be pretty, Still, there is much to be drawn from these games.

I have faith we will come through our rebuild with sufficient talent, flexibility, AND coaching (whoever it is) to be a contender.

Scary team in 2-3 years.

#4 Plowman, Jan 16, 2023
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2023
  5. jim1961

jim1961 Member

...when every thread at your favorite sports site is about how bad you are.

6. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

When you're cooking from scratch you might start by sautéing some onions and and garlic , it's not a meal , but you can smell it's gonna be something good .

The rockets are ignoring the cookbook and adding salt and calling it saffron (Nix)

And the tanking is definitely not so subtle (even for a team that's this young)

The only things being drawn from this are shitty memes about Silas

Joe Rocket and Plowman like this.
  7. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

Perfect analogy. Even if they taught the guys good habits got a good coach and had a proper rotation we still would be in the Wemby sweepstakes. Whats so frustrating is knowing we can develop these guys right AND still give ourselves the best chance to get Wemby and we are not taking that approach. Our current apaproach is pissing the players off and teaching them bad habits.

#7 Joe Rocket, Jan 16, 2023
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2023
    snowconeman22 likes this.
  8. TesseracT

TesseracT Member

When you are about to be the first team to have the worst record in the league 3 years in a row.

javal_lon and snowconeman22 like this.
  9. Le$$

Le$$ Member

Yep hard to watch. These jack up shots and turnovers are hard to watch.

Even if you missed the game you usually see in the stat box clearly why they are losing.

Field % and turnovers. Almost always there getting beat on 3pt% and Field %. Yet where the team or player taking bad shots, because of player has better defense on there rockets best scorer.

Yet I still see alot of bad jack up 3s and turnovers to point where you say damn they play like young team.

They will somehow learn from there mistakes. New Coaching may change this but I think some trades and firing will wake up these kids.

Fire coaching and trade away some players , and waive players. You could get a better team of younger vets around Segun and green.

kjayp likes this.
  10. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

My phone decided to not give me game alerts on its own.. I didn't even know there was a game yesterday until I logged into CFs ..

11. groovemachine

groovemachine Member

Seeing how I bought league pass I watch them all (sunk cost fallacy?) :D

Honestly they are fun to watch until the second half :(

12. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Despite how bad they have been .... I haven't missed a game in years.

But I'm a diehard, been a fan since they were in San Diego.

I've been thru more than one rebuild ... I've seen blatant tanking. I don't mind it knowing what the eventual outcome is. It might take more than a few minutes but eventually this team will be a true contender.

You just can't be a non believer .... & because dUg Pinnick is awesome ...

ApacheWarrior likes this.
  13. kubli9

kubli9 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

14. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

You know your team is in a bad place when:

Your undisputed best player dominates the entire game, then in winning time is frozen out by far worse and less efficient players, and there's no accountability after the fact from the coaching staff.

15. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

the only victories we get are moral victories :(

you know, i wouldn't mind some immorality right now

snowconeman22 likes this.
  16. abaker28

abaker28 Member

I support the rebuild and am happy with who we've drafted - but how can you possibly build around players you don't adequately develop? Poor coaching, poor leaders or mentors on the team.
    It's like we've taken a sink or swim approach.
    It's like starting a new job and given no induction or training and told 'off you go'.
    Zero accountability.
    This season is only acceptable if we get the 1 or 2 pick, Silas is replaced end of season, a true PG is brought in (or wemby) and salary cap is used for veteran leadership.
    Hell, even bring Gerald Green in for the rest of this season as a voice in the locker room.